Guru - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Guru Reviews

April 7, 2014
You might think it would be difficult to fashion an entertaining account of the life of a polyester manufacturer, even a fictitious one. But director Mani Ratnam has done so with "Guru," an epic paean to can-do spirit and Mumbai capitalism.
April 19, 2013
very inspiring and energiging film for those who has yearning of getting success
½ February 6, 2013
This was a fantastic movie and a beautiful love story.
½ January 17, 2013
A very well made flick.... And brilliant cinematography. Abhishek, Mithun and R. Madhavan all give stunning performances. Aishwarya Rai too has done a good but not a great job. However the climax ain't much like a Mani Ratnam movie.
December 7, 2012
Would have to find and watch immediatly!
½ November 10, 2012
a milestone for director maniratnam .
Abishek acting is great in d movie :)
October 27, 2012
With an all-guns-blazing performance by the lead actor, GURU is though not path-breaking cinema, but it is a great piece of work by Mani Rathnam sir!
½ July 8, 2012
Abhishek and Aishwarya Bachchan and the director are the heart and soul of this movie.... An epic rags to riches story of an illiterate village dweller who goes on to becomes the owner of one of the largest companies in India... Abshishek delivers arguably his best performance in this movie. His power packed performance simply carries the movie through all the way with a lot of emotion and the story flows very smoothly, the background and songs in this movie as one of AR Rahman's best. The lyrics by Gulzar fit the scenes perfectly and are all situation based my personal favorite is "Jaage hai der tak" which you get to hear many times through out the movie but not in its entirety. Its only available on the CD. The Dialogues are also very catchy and memorable. An excellently made movie and one of my personal favorite hindi movies in the past 10 years. A must watch for everyone who loves Hindi movies.
½ May 11, 2012
It is very rare to see such extraordinary films these days, which consists the right elements such as the script,cast,the music & of course d director..................
½ April 21, 2012
Good, but not enough plot to me.
April 9, 2012
Need to see it again.
January 20, 2012
A pretty good movie...supposed to be loosely based on the Sr. Ambani...good performances by all...though I probably don't like it as much as the others
½ December 1, 2011
Not too much singing and dancing and interesting story. if they only had cut about 45 minutes of the length.....
July 17, 2011
Above all I didn't like the climax of the movie which resembled the climaxes of 'The Aviator' and 'Godfather part II'.
January 30, 2011
This the first 100% Hindi film I've ever seen and I loved every minute of it. The Guru is about a young man from a poor village in India who has a very quick mind and the ability to turn even the worst situations to his advantage. His ambitions make him enemies along the way to the top and it's a fascinating journey as we see all the things he sacrifices (at some point even his health) to get to the the top of the business world. There's a lot of similarities between this bollywood movie and the hollywood movie about an ambitious businessman called The Aviator. If you liked that then you will love this. The Guru comes highly recommended. From Dean
January 23, 2011
Guru bhai guru bhai aagaya chay
Dhoom dhadaka cha gaya chay :D
December 30, 2010
A superb movie. Abishek Bachchan has given his best performance to date and Mani Ratnam stuns us yet again.
½ December 9, 2010
a milestone for director maniratnam .
Abishek acting is great in d movie :)
terris85017
October 7, 2010
(2007 Director: Mani Ratnam)
½ October 2, 2010
GURU - A Film Worth Watching - Atleast Once!!

Guru has not been seen on the Indian screen before. With its powerful story, awesome performances, melodious music (A R Rahman), splendid cinematography (Rajiv Menon) and skilled direction, the movie leaves you spellbound.

A Neutral way of putting a biography.