Gus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gus Reviews

April 10, 2015
150410: This film goes back to much simpler times. Asner has some good one-liners but, overall, this is a pretty bad flick.
½ August 2, 2014
(First and only full viewing - In my mid-twenties)
September 4, 2013
A rather doozy idea made slightly better by the application of Conway and Knotts. It is rather childishly enjoyable the first time through, however.
August 2, 2011
A cute, but lacking sports film.
½ November 16, 2010
Quite vague and not that funny.
July 25, 2010
Is it a great film? Nope. Is it goofy? Yup. Just something about a 70's Disney screwball comedy with good comedic actors, a mule and NFL football. eeee awwww!
½ May 20, 2010
For a Disney movie a good thing not too bad but as always bizarre
½ February 22, 2010
Typical 1970s Disney fodder. The mule turns in a better performance than many of it's human co-stars. If you like slapstick that doesn't require you to think, this may very well be your movie.
½ August 4, 2009
It was funny when I was 11 or so. I doubt it would interest anyone now.
½ July 23, 2009
Sweet movie. What a crazy end to the game!
½ June 23, 2009
A fun Disney comedy film from the mid-1970s.
October 22, 2008
I had a lot of fun watching this as a kid. I Guess you'd have to be a New Orleans Saints fan to appreciate it! LOL
May 28, 2008
lol,I saw this omn a school bus trip to the library in like 3rd grade.
April 27, 2008
I was six when I saw this and can remember full on belly laughing in parts. I loved it.
April 23, 2008
In the 70's Disney was cranking out family fare with a remarkable rate of 'classic' films. Gus doesn't quite achieve that status, but that's why it's such a pleasant surprise when you see the film. The usual cast of comic stars keep this movie afloat from Ed Asner, Don Knotts, Tim Conway and Dick Van Patten.
March 6, 2008
"Good ida I can't watch either.
I'm praying."

"How fresh is your meat?"
March 1, 2008
Oh Tom Bosley, must you and your wacky antics save this film. Yes. This movie is a formula film about a mule who can kick field goals and is somehow allowed onto an NFL playing field. Sadly, even the great Don Knotts plays a formula role. I'm pretty sure this has just a little more style than Air-Bud, but is still rediculous.
February 25, 2008
I think it was my first movie in a theater as a kid! From what I remember, I was thoroughly entertained no matter how bad.
February 15, 2008
I think this was based on a true story.