Guy X - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Guy X Reviews

October 16, 2013
Biggs does his best to make an absent script entertaining. Alas, one man can not make a good film all alone.
½ August 4, 2013
Review:
I rented this movie because it looked funny in the adverts, but I never found it that amusing. In fact I thought that the movie seemed a bit dated and the storyline was silly. There was quite a serious under current in the movie but that wasn't enough to make the film interesting. The acting wasn't that bad but the concept was pretty dull. Disappointing.

Round-Up:
I know that the film is old, but I recently saw it in an advert so I thought that I would give it a chance, which was a bad mistake. At the time of its release, it might have been funny but with all the Rom-Com's coming out lately, this is below par. Jason Biggs career hasn't really kicked off since the American Pie series and Natascha McElone seems to act the same in all her movies even though she has acted next to people like Robert DeNiro in Ronin, George Clooney in Solaris and Brad Pitt in The Devils Own.

I recommend this movie to people who are into there war comedies with a touch of conspiracy. 1/10
June 5, 2013
Forgettable as it is dull.
½ February 27, 2013
An odd mish-mash that fails at everything. Not a Biggs fan. Tries to be profound, and succeeds at going nowhere.
½ February 13, 2013
Guy X directed by Saul Metzstein. It is based on the novel No One Thinks Of Greenland by John Griesemer. Starring Jason Biggs, Natascha McElhone. Set after the Vietnam War in 1979; Rudy (Jason) is a soldier mistakenly sent to a US Army Medical Corps base in the Arctic instead of his official base in Hawaii. While there, he feels dejected and lonely, however soon compromises with the situation and ultimately finds out that underneath the base a classified hospital ward, where the commanding officer, Col. Woolwrap has kept soldiers with incurable wounds that he led to secret mission during Vietnam War.

Tragically big mishap. Continuous saga of yawns and glimpses of time-piece and ultimately the credits roll. Jason, my boy, alas!
½ November 11, 2012
WT.... waste of my life. Puffins were cute and snow blizzards cold, for the rest... why did I bother??
October 29, 2012
An interesting independent dramatic black comedy that drags at moments, but is interestingly different nonetheless.
October 28, 2012
Guy X is not the movie I am reviewing but they don't have the movie I watched on Flixster yet. I viewed Lower Learning, a dark comedy with Jason Biggs, Rob Cordry, Will Sasso, Eva Longoria and others. It's about an elementary schoool vice principal trying to save the school from closing and the evils of its principal. It was OK. The parts I enjoyed most were only because I liked the actor. Jason Biggs is not included in that group.

2008 Movies: 63
½ June 22, 2012
Natascha McElhone falling for Jason Biggs?? Yeah, that's all i need to say
April 9, 2012
This was an alright film about a guy who gets mistaken for someone else and ends up at an army base in Greenland instead of Hawaii.
It's supposed to be a dark comedy but honestly I didn't find much in this movie funny.
Michael Ironside plays a supposedly deceased soldier being hidden in a bunker that becomes friends with Jason Biggs.
The acting was alright, with Jason Biggs, Natascha McElhone, Jeremy Northam and Michael Ironside all just doing a decent job.
½ April 4, 2012
It was different that I had thought it would be with a little more serious parts. I wouldn't go as far as to say that it was something special though, because it had some really slow parts.
April 4, 2012
This sounds pretty passable to me.
½ December 15, 2011
altho it may not be his best, this is certainly a more grown-up and serious role for biggs since his "american pie" days.
December 14, 2011
I actually liked this movie as weird as it is
½ June 30, 2011
Tonally unsure attempt to recreate the biting military satire of a plethora of successful previous efforts (M.A.S.H, Buffalo Soldiers) that ultimately fails due to weak writing and a generally dull, meandering, directional nervousness. Oh, and it's not funny.
August 31, 2010
A bit odd, but well worth watching.
April 27, 2010
This has got to be the worst or worst ever Jason Biggs film ever, go back to American Pie.
April 27, 2010
A fairly decent black comedic drama. Jason Biggs makes a succesfull transformation from comedy to drama. Worth watching.
½ April 27, 2010
Guy X was a very slow paced film. The film is comparable to Jarhead. Of course my expectations were much higher for Jarhead than this film. While Jarhead had an extraordinary first half, the second half dragged. Guy X, on the other hand, is strictly okay through out. The story is something different and the humour is dark. Jason Biggs puts foward a great performance and Natascha McElhone is good too. The film sets a good mood but nothing in the film really stands out. Once the film is over, it does leave you thinking but its a little to late by then to recommend the film.