Guzaarish - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Guzaarish Reviews

½ September 23, 2015
Horrible school boy overacting by HR and a really silly way of telling an interesting story. ARB looks like a Spanish flower girl
March 15, 2015
An unconventional movie by bollywood standards,it has memorable acts by the cast.
March 12, 2015
Day: Tuesday
Date: 10 Mar 2015
Time: 9.30 pm
With: Maa, Azeem
On: HDTV
April 24, 2014
I admit I may have imbibed in some blubbering on atleast one occasion!
December 24, 2013
awesome but depressing...
½ November 21, 2013
This is almost 4/5. I couldn't quite go all the way because it was sometimes difficult to understand their speech.
October 23, 2013
This Film Not Mgice on stage only but magic on the idea
The Meaning of death not only bad mean sometimes The death being the only way to escap of Death ( bad mean )
October 8, 2013
Loved the costumes..setting,story.
July 25, 2013
I am going to pass on this one.
January 27, 2013
It was beautiful, stunning, and moving. As a Bollywood movie it will surprise you. It's a bit slow, and some of the lines could be improved, but I believe that those of us who know a bit about the Indian culture will greatly appreciate this fantastic movie.
½ October 1, 2012
Very entertaining movie. A strong theme behind it but it true Hindi movie style it was a bit diluted due to the emphasis on the emotional aspect. Good performance by Hritik and ably supported by Aishwarya and the others. Well directed and edited overall.
September 28, 2012
everything is overblown, loud,melodramatic, high-pitched,addiction to unnecessary grandeur.... for god's sake this is a movie about a serious subject..
beauty is not a compensation for acting wake up...
August 11, 2012
Occasionally too melodramatic to a point its silly, otherwise, a sense of humor not that of the regular off-color humor, slapstick, Hollywood westerner kind as of late, with memorable wit and an emotionally heartfelt performance by Hrithik Roshan. The character of Sofia D'Souza is beautifully, charmingly written and perfectly cast with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
July 12, 2012
it was a beautiful love story.
July 10, 2012
It's a beautiful movie with a touching story, but is a depressing movie, as it's all about death. Again, a touching story, but not very appealing to the general hindi audience. Great performances by all the actors. This film was obviously meant for the awards, not the general audience.
June 16, 2012
Hrithik is undoubtedly one of the greatest Actors of India!
April 11, 2012
I can't say enough about this movie!!! It is so absolutely beautiful and touching and life-affirming....I would sit everyone I know down & make them watch this movie if I could! lol I love the song "Udi" as well, the lyrics are beautiful, the lady singing has an amazing voice (& I totally want Aishwarya's dress, so pretty!)
March 12, 2012
Well it's certainly the best Bollywood movie this year .. (i am yet to see Udaan . so my opinion may change :P). The movie is all about Ethan Mascarenhas and his plea for death and all the problems he has to face for his so-called absurd "Guzaarish" . Ethan was a famed magician and he became paraplegic after an accident in his act, which later found out to be a sabotage. The movie also has a subplot of the love-story between Ethan and his nurse , Sophia, who served him for 12 years.

The movie truly belongs to Hrithik Roshan as per performance, he is in one word superb, specially in first scene where he, as Ethan, replied to his lawyer friend "sex and a beautiful woman" on being asked whether he want anything else? , he has touch of Jack Nicholson in that expression. Aishwarya was good too, and in the courtroom scene, where she burst before the judge, she was marvellous . And all those small characters played by, Aditya Roy Kapoor, Suhel Seth, Nafisa Ali, etc blends into the movie perfectly . The only thing i didn't like is , Bhansali didn't show all the secrets of Ethan's tricks .. although it can said that the movie is more a story about a paraplegic man than a magician and his tricks (like Prestige) .

Other than performances , The Direction of SLB steals the show . Thanks to awesome Art direction, the movie is a Visual treat to. SLB brings out the old Goa and the whole feel quite well.