Hackers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hackers Reviews

December 5, 2015
The most 90's film I've ever seen... so terribly dated... like a William Gibson book adapted by Disney. Utter bollocks but somehow compelling.
November 20, 2015
41%
Saw this on 8/7/15
Ian Softley's Hackers has superb visual effects and odd ball music, but it feels extremely immature and has an alarming lack of seriousness just like the behaviour of it's supporting cast.
September 26, 2015
One of the worst films I've ever seen. I highly recommend it.
September 25, 2015
the film is fun if goofy but it has cult status with the advanced plot of the era. the music, the actors and the villain deliver a film that isn't critic friendly but audience friendly.
September 24, 2015
Peeps are such haters! This movie is awesome. The characters are fun and it makes hacking, which is extremely tedious, look fun and exciting. The movie has great costuming and great music. If you were between your tweens and your late teens when you saw this movie for the first time, it's pretty much a sure thing you love it. This movie should (or does) have cult status. Plus it's just fun that a movie about computers used models instead of cg.
½ September 16, 2015
Hackers can be fun at times but most of the film is just full of typing and fancy (for the 90's) graphics filling the screen. The plot revolved around a group of misfit hackers who try to cyber battle against a villain who is trying to steal money from a giant corporation. There are some funny moments and at times things got a little intense but never thrilling. Angelina Jolie was criminally underused in this one, as it seemed she would be a big, sexy, romantic interest but just turned out to be a regular hacker with little personality. It was all rather predictable but I still enjoyed it for the most part. If you have a nostalgic feeling for some early Angelina Jolie and old school computer hacking, you might find some good parts in this one.
½ September 14, 2015
It was cheesy and fun. Super 90's. Flash of Jolie's boobs.
September 5, 2015
A cult movie.

Right at the beginning of the modern computer age, young hackers who mostly are curious, try to save one of its own from a bigger hacker who steals pennies from a company's transfer daily.
August 30, 2015
Still holds up and oddly guesses more things correctly then BTTF2. Lets also point out - still the hottest Jolie role/look period.
August 25, 2015
love this movie best one about the world of hackers
½ July 30, 2015
Good. Jolie was good looking with short hair. Movie was fair to watch.
June 8, 2015
This is one of my favorite go-to comfy movies when I'm looking for something I've seen before and is guaranteed not to disappoint. Fun, highly visual film that is more about the experience of seeing and hearing it than about deep plots- it's sort of the Power Rangers of thriller movies.
½ June 1, 2015
Their are so many things wrong with this movie. It is so cliche. The acting is questionable. The script has so many holes and it is so trashy. But, this is one of my top guilty pleasures! I just cannot help myself watching it every so often :-)
May 10, 2015
This is a great underrated movie.
½ April 13, 2015
Liked the movie. Loved the soundtrack more.
½ April 2, 2015
I don't think there is another movie that so exemplifies the cyber-"thriller" trend of the mid-nineties as this one. It's so so dumb, yet in its idiocy, it's never dull.
March 28, 2015
This movie is terrible in the best way possible. I love it, a cult classic.
½ March 21, 2015
Despite having a number of now-famous actors in it, Hackers is one of their earlier films and the acting is -- well, a hack job. Despite the bad makeup, there is nothing one can do to make a group of young twenty-somethings pass for 16 and 17 year old high school students -- nor did I see the point of setting the film in a high school. University students would have been more credible. The story is a bit stupid and it relies on an early home-PC audience not being very sophisticated in technology matters. (Some viewers may find this aspect of the film both nostalgic and hilarious -- who am I to judge?) Costumes were puzzling and distracting in their "edginess". (If that was even the goal?) The film is from 1995, but it had the 80's trash studio junk vibe. Still, it's a marginally fun movie that could be worth watching if you have nothing better to do or you're feeling too lazy to change the channel.
March 17, 2015
Very stylized, and incredibly dated, yet I still like this movie, and it set off a couple of great film careers in Angelina Jolie and Jonny Lee Miller.
January 27, 2015
Amazing movie. Amazing actors. Amazing story. This is just a very well thought out, very well made movie. Another movie with a critics score lower than the audience score. I've been seeing more and more of these which begs the question....who are these critics and why do we really need them? Let the audience score be the true indicator. The sample is much larger and therefore a more accurate portrayal of how good, or bad, a movie really is.