Hackers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hackers Reviews

September 5, 2015
A cult movie.

Right at the beginning of the modern computer age, young hackers who mostly are curious, try to save one of its own from a bigger hacker who steals pennies from a company's transfer daily.
August 30, 2015
Still holds up and oddly guesses more things correctly then BTTF2. Lets also point out - still the hottest Jolie role/look period.
August 25, 2015
love this movie best one about the world of hackers
½ July 30, 2015
Good. Jolie was good looking with short hair. Movie was fair to watch.
June 8, 2015
This is one of my favorite go-to comfy movies when I'm looking for something I've seen before and is guaranteed not to disappoint. Fun, highly visual film that is more about the experience of seeing and hearing it than about deep plots- it's sort of the Power Rangers of thriller movies.
½ June 1, 2015
Their are so many things wrong with this movie. It is so cliche. The acting is questionable. The script has so many holes and it is so trashy. But, this is one of my top guilty pleasures! I just cannot help myself watching it every so often :-)
May 10, 2015
This is a great underrated movie.
½ April 13, 2015
Liked the movie. Loved the soundtrack more.
½ April 2, 2015
I don't think there is another movie that so exemplifies the cyber-"thriller" trend of the mid-nineties as this one. It's so so dumb, yet in its idiocy, it's never dull.
March 28, 2015
This movie is terrible in the best way possible. I love it, a cult classic.
½ March 21, 2015
Despite having a number of now-famous actors in it, Hackers is one of their earlier films and the acting is -- well, a hack job. Despite the bad makeup, there is nothing one can do to make a group of young twenty-somethings pass for 16 and 17 year old high school students -- nor did I see the point of setting the film in a high school. University students would have been more credible. The story is a bit stupid and it relies on an early home-PC audience not being very sophisticated in technology matters. (Some viewers may find this aspect of the film both nostalgic and hilarious -- who am I to judge?) Costumes were puzzling and distracting in their "edginess". (If that was even the goal?) The film is from 1995, but it had the 80's trash studio junk vibe. Still, it's a marginally fun movie that could be worth watching if you have nothing better to do or you're feeling too lazy to change the channel.
March 17, 2015
Very stylized, and incredibly dated, yet I still like this movie, and it set off a couple of great film careers in Angelina Jolie and Jonny Lee Miller.
January 27, 2015
Amazing movie. Amazing actors. Amazing story. This is just a very well thought out, very well made movie. Another movie with a critics score lower than the audience score. I've been seeing more and more of these which begs the question....who are these critics and why do we really need them? Let the audience score be the true indicator. The sample is much larger and therefore a more accurate portrayal of how good, or bad, a movie really is.
½ December 10, 2014
A lot of so bad it's good moments. But it's bad, really bad.
November 16, 2014
Made in a day computers were getting started. Still fits today when you think about it. I thought it was funny they were Ooing and Awing over 28.8bps mode. I'll watch it again.
September 14, 2014
Even being dated now, year later, Hackers is one of my favorites that I constantly rewatch. Though maybe not a technically great movie, the style and characters are fun and who can resist some lovable rebels going against the man and taking down some bad guys.
September 12, 2014
I compare this movie to Sandra Bullocks' "The Net", reasonably good in its day but now heavily dated. Dave Stewart of 'Eurythmics' cameos.
½ August 8, 2014
(First and only viewing - 12/1/2009)
August 2, 2014
the only one of Angelina Jolie's flicks I could stomach
½ July 14, 2014
One of my personal favorites... & all before they (most of the cast) became big.