Hahaha - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hahaha Reviews

½ January 19, 2016
Korean kind of La Nouvelle Vague.
Detouring, fragmented & long dragging.
November 20, 2014
Ambitious considering its very wordy nature and almost two hours running length. It becomes dull and laborious in places.
½ March 31, 2012
I've been exploring Korean cinema as of late so I was really looking forward to this one. Two friends meet for drinks and catch up on their love lives. It's well-made and well-acted and there are a few amusing, really good moments but all in all, it's mediocre. The rather unusual structure of the film makes it a bit more interesting but I found the characters alternately irritating and dull so it was a bit of a chore to sit through. It reminds me of those subgenre of American indie dramedy films I already find annoying.
March 28, 2011
3ra. Seleccion de la Muestra de Cine 52. Hoo Sang-soo en casi dos horas nos relata la historia de dos amigos que por casualidad pasaron por el mismo pueblo, Tong-yun, y sin saberlo, fueron participes de una enredada historia de amor/desamor. Vale la pena por la estupenda direccion de camara, la soltura de los actores con el material y la atinada forma en la que consigue ilustrar una conversacion entre 2 amigos. Se entiende el premio Cannes que se llevo como 'Una Cierta Mirada'.
½ March 15, 2011
I had only seen "Woman is the Future of Man" by Hong Sang-soo, a very cynical film about the impossibility of love and stable relationships in a metropolis. In "Ha ha ha" the underlying message is the same, but the location (a sunny seaside town) and the characters (thirty somethings without a stable situation) are very different from those in "Woman is the Future of Man". The major difference, however, was the _tone_ of the film: instead of sad sex scenes most of the action consisted in bantering and flirting, with many funny scenes, almost reminiscent of Marivaudage.
March 8, 2011
Human Relationships, I didn't have any expectations, in fact I went to the theater without knowing what I was going to see. It leaved me with a warm feeling, and that was enough
½ February 16, 2011
This movie reminds me to be even more sceptical about indie-art-movie recommendations. The only recognizable quality of this one is its shouting independence.
January 14, 2011
Good performances and a few funny moments don't save a super dull script and uninteresting characters. A sad case of disliking a film when I really wanted to feel otherwise.
½ December 28, 2010
Asian cinema on a roll, yes! A film buoyed by the lovely script - very well versed in both its maturity and immaturity. Oh I love it, I'm a sucker for these things.
November 27, 2010
Too arty for its own good, this Korean yuppie dramedy plays out in flashbacks and doesn't quite stay true to the title.
November 27, 2010
Det är lite osannolikt men en bra story. Det är ganska smart berättartekniskt och snyggt, men kräver lite mer klippning. Och varför dricker alla Koreanska kvinnor som sjömän?
Se den för all del. Och Sex lektioner i kärlek, och Coffee and Cigarettes.