Haiku Tunnel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Haiku Tunnel Reviews

½ April 19, 2008
It had it's moments...but there are definitely better office parodies out there!
½ March 10, 2008
Office comedies are really a dime a dozen, and yet it never feels that way. Maybe because each one is so specific in whatever the job field is the film, and yet they're alike in everything else (office politics, gossip, technological glitches, etc.). This one is unique because it focuses on the world of temping and the slacker mentality that goes along with it, or follows-through, as is the case here. The movie features such true profundity, stating that on the "totem pole of life" some are " below the ground." Or "please don't think of me as an ogre, it's just that...I'm the head secretary around here." The movie is also great for displaying a law firm, not with raging sociopaths, but with people who are just a bit, well, bumbling. The movie will definitely make people think twice when they justify their position in life or their workplace, which may be why Josh Kornbluth says he's "just a temp."
January 21, 2008
Intelligent writing. The humor is dead on for anyone who has ever spent much time around lawyers or law offices.
January 5, 2008
almost as good as office space
December 18, 2007
Although it has its flaws, what endears me to this movie is that I feel like I AM THIS GUY. Josh Kornbluth is a slacker who talks about what he wants to do in life, but never follows through, and barely hangs on to a job he hates in order to survive. His dreams of his comfortable bed, and he can never quite make it into work on time. He's also deathly afraid of any sort of commitment. What he learns, though, is that having everything he wants--that is, a life with no challenges or commitments--may not be all it's cracked up to be.
December 8, 2007
A very funny portrayal of life at the office.
½ November 30, 2007
Absolutely the funniest office comedy ever! It blows Office Space out of the water. A hidden gem.
November 14, 2007
go back to your desk, settle down, and CATCH UP!
November 10, 2007
I laughed and laughed and laughed, and yet, it also makes you sad, about the life that artists have working at their day jobs. The main character is trying to write a novel, and works as a temp during the day. He excels as a temp, but as soon as he is asked to go "perm," he falls apart and is unable to function in his job in the most hilarious ways. A movie we would never have seen if it weren't for that period we were buying random VHS tapes from the previously viewed bargain bin at Blockbuster.
October 14, 2007
This movie is clever and funny as hell.
½ September 14, 2007
Very funny indie flick about tempting. caught it one day while channel surfing, wity, clever, generally amazing.
September 3, 2007
GLORIOUS. Conestoga is I. Conestoga is I. But, my, oh my, it's glorious. Clever. Glorious. Irremeably satirical. Glorious. What keeps mankind aliv. Glorious.
½ September 3, 2007
A great film. Kornbluth is such an uncomfortable nebbish.
August 24, 2007
Comedy about working office temp jobs. It's not quite office space, but it's not too bad
August 15, 2007
The kind of movie I'd make, if I made movies...For anyone who ever did temp or office work...
July 31, 2007
Funny and so true. Until you see this, you won't understand my "letters" reference.
July 23, 2007
It starts with Pixies and end with They Might Be Giants. Between those two songs is Office Space with a bigger heart.
July 10, 2007
I never stopped laughing.
½ July 5, 2007
Another indie film set in San Francisco. Like Office Space, but not as good.