HairBrained Reviews

• Jan 15, 2019

It wasnâ(TM)t terribly funny, nor was it inspiring. It was simply cute.

It wasnâ(TM)t terribly funny, nor was it inspiring. It was simply cute.

• Sep 10, 2015

i was thinking this was going to be a horrible movie, but i was wrong. it is definitely a cheesy, independent comedy, but it is also a really good, and fun movie.

• Jul 02, 2015

just ok not that funny

just ok not that funny

• Aug 23, 2014

Review: This is one of those low budget comedies about a teenage school kid who is a genius. Because of his advanced mind, he enters the college mastermind competitions with the major goal of beating Harvard. With his new found friend, an 41 year old student played by Fraser, and his 3 team mates, they battle through the competition achieving more than expected. I personally didn't find this movie that funny or even slightly interesting. If you don't take the movie that seriously, then it's light hearted fun, but the storyline is quite weak and the acting wasn't anything spectactular. There are a couple of scenes which were quite amusing, but it's not a movie that I will be watching again in a hurry. Disappointing! Round-Up: As I hadn't heard of this movie before, I wasn't expecting that much. I was shocked to see that Brendan Fraser was in this movie because it seemed more like a college teenage film, but after watching it, I do see the point of his casting. He has definitely had one of the weirdest careers to date, because he has made some really bad movies and then he will casted in a blockbuster. From the Mummy franchise and G.I. Joe, to silly movies like Furry Vegeance and Bedazzled, he really has had a versatile career. I did like him in Crash and Gimme Shelter so he does have his good moments, which are mostly when he is playing serious roles. In this movie he has gone into comedic mode, but personally I didn't find him that funny.  I recommend this movie to people who are into there teenage movies about a college genius who enters mastermind competitions to try and beat Harvard. 3/10

• Aug 07, 2014

A few laughs here and there with a cute story but the movie is predictable and not memorable. It's average.

• Aug 04, 2014

Despite the presence of Brendan Fraser, this film is cute, clever, innocent, and thoroughly enjoyable. Great cast and hip script make for a fun film.

• Jul 30, 2014

A refreshing indie comedy, with some fantastic young actors beautifully shot and directed. Good for kids 11+ and adults.

• Jul 16, 2014

Interesting plot but horribly executed. A terrible nod to Wes Anderson.

Interesting plot but horribly executed. A terrible nod to Wes Anderson.

• Jun 24, 2014

was fun, but completely unrealistic. Not great.

was fun, but completely unrealistic. Not great.

• Jun 18, 2014

Fraser playing stupid still works.

Fraser playing stupid still works.