The top Hairspray quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- Edna Turnblad: Oh, Wilbur, to think that I almost stopped her from reaching for the stars!Wilbur Turnblad: And now here she is on local daytime TV.‐ Submitted by Julia P (2 years ago)
- Motormouth Maybelle: [to kids] Well, looks like y'all took a step out of bounce, who do we have here?Seaweed J. Stubbs: Mama I want you to meet my new friends, this here's Link and this is Tracy TurnbladTracy Turnblad: This is just so afrotastic!Motormouth Maybelle: [looks at Tracy]Seaweed J. Stubbs: [grabs Penny] and this here is Penny PingletonPenny Pingleton: I'm very pleased and scared to be hereMotormouth Maybelle: Oh honey we've got more reason to be scared on your street [walks over to Latoya whose messing with a record] Latoya put that record down you gonna scratch it!
- Tracy Turnblad: [to Miss Whimsey] Miss Whimsey what am I to do? Hair can't just sit there like a dead thing on your cheeks.
- Edna Turnblad: [to Velma Von Tussle] Smile Miss Crab Meat you're on candid camera.Wilbur Turnblad: That was a good shot.Velma Von Tussle: [laughs] What are you doing? GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME! GO TO COMMERCIAL! GO!
- Amber Von Tussle: Right now, as we speak, your daughter has entered a hotbed of moral... turpentine.‐ Submitted by Katherine R (3 years ago)
- Prudy Pingleton: Devil's Child! [sprinkles water on Penny] Devil's Child!‐ Submitted by Matthew D (4 years ago)
- Penny Pingleton: [kisses seaweed] I've tasted chocolate and I'm not going back!‐ Submitted by Matthew D (4 years ago)
- Wilbur Turnblad: [time lapse] And, my personal favorite, 'X-ray Specs' [he is wearing them]. I can see through anything. Skin, clothes, you name it.Velma Von Tussle: [carrying a large bunch of items, looks at her watch, obviously fed-up]
- Mr. Spritzer: That big little girl [shows Velma the records] is sending my sales through the roof. More people are breathing aerosol, than oxygen!
- Prudy Pingleton: Penny, pray for her. [hands her a rosary] She's gonna need it. [smirks to herself]
- Mr. Spritzer: I want that chubby communist girl off the show.Velma Von Tussle: Well, let me be the first to toss the harpoon.
- Wilbur Turnblad: This is America, babe. You gotta think big to be big!Edna Turnblad: Big ain't the problem in this family, Wilbur.
- Edna Turnblad: Imagine! My little girl... regular, at last.‐ Submitted by Chris P (5 years ago)
- Amber Von Tussle: You have to vote for a person, Corny, not one of the Himalayas.Corny Collins: Always the charmer, Amber.‐ Submitted by Diego T (5 years ago)