Hairspray Live! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hairspray Live! Reviews

September 30, 2017
Perfect casting. Link was awffulll.
½ August 13, 2017
Although it brought a new and lighter feel to the story, the lead just wasn't the Tracy expected. Matched with the multiple technical errors and so-so cast, Hairspray Live just doesn't live up to its big screen counterpart.
January 27, 2017
Not a big fan of the casting for this one. One might as well watch the actual movie version.
January 24, 2017
loved it. bought it.
January 14, 2017
Having been a big fan of the original movie in 2007 . never seen the play. I was only hoping that the new one would do it justice well having now seen it I can say yes things are changed but I liked most of the changes Tracy was a sweetie pie just like always and the others were great too I really suggest that you watch this
December 28, 2016
A very great musical for tv. Dove Cameron fits the role of Amber Von Tussle perfectly
December 17, 2016
Maddie, Ariana, Harvey, JHUD! KRISTEN! DOVE! MARTIN! Even ROSIE! Derek was great. Great production overall
December 14, 2016
The movie was good like any other rendition of Hairspray. The sound quality was not the best, but a live show can have some issues. At times, the rhythm seemed to be off as well. Maybe the monitors could not be heard? A sound check should have fixed this issue.
December 13, 2016
Excellent and refreshing to see good tv for once. Thank you for a wonderful performance and a great cast
December 13, 2016
I loved the musical I gave a good message (every is different)
December 11, 2016
Cast did an amazing job! Was fast paced and awesome!
½ December 7, 2016
Good intentioned, but rough "live" attempt at restaging a show that's already been staged in multiple versions (film, stage and then film again). The cast gave high energy performances that were uneven at best and there were several technical issues (including befuddled lighting cues and cameras wandering into view). The cast was often hard to understand during the musical numbers, but the dancing was pretty good. For some reason they kept cutting away to various US cities that were hosting live parties. Overall the whole thing had an amateur feel to it that really seemed to require more rehersal. It was like watching a dress rehersal for a slick high school production. Not one of the better "live" adaptations that have been popping up all over network TV in the last year or so.
December 7, 2016
Highs and Lows. Mostly Highs.