Half Light - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Half Light Reviews

½ August 13, 2016
I've seen this years ago and it have me goosebumps. To this day, I still get chills remembering. Maybe it was my impressionable age, but I've rewatched it a couple of times and I still loved it.
June 3, 2016
Though initially aggravating, Half Light improves as it goes on. It never becomes "Good" but it is far from unwatchable.
½ November 8, 2015
A little dull at times? Yeah. But still a very original story
½ August 22, 2015
Beautiful gothic thriller, riveting and tantalizing!!!!
March 21, 2015
I loved this film. Such a good story line with two of my favourite actors Hans Matheson and Demi Moore.
November 16, 2014
This movie is overlong and needs to find an identity, but it's watchable.
½ January 30, 2014
Moore's lousy acting spoiled what should have been a good thriller.
January 15, 2014
Demi Moore is a struggling writer who moves out to the country when her son dies accidentally. She ends up befriending a local lighthouse operator and they make a connection. She starts to see visions of her son and is freaked out, then she finds out the guy she met has been dead for a while. So she starts to go crazy thinking she is insane. In actuality, this was mostly a ruse from her friend to drive her insane and kill her to be with her husband instead since she won't sign the divorce papers. A little too extreme for my tastes to get the job done, but it does work in the context of the story. Eventually you find out that the spirit of the former lighthouse owner might still be alive and well and help her to get out of this alive. This is a solid film, there are a few things you have to gloss over, but otherwise, a decent movie.
October 12, 2013
Weak acting, story way too implausible, and annoying/distracting background music. This about sums it up.
July 24, 2013
Demi Moore suffers from Keanu-Reeves-syndrome in this film. Meaning, of course, that she wears pretty much the same expression throughout the whole film, whether she's falling in love, or finding her son's dead body. The plot is interesting, if a little too convoluted for it's own good. What's real? What's imagined? Are there actual ghosts? Is she insane? Is everyone plotting against her? There's an answer for everything, but my goodness does it tire you out. In the end, I think there was just too much going on for me to enjoy it completely. It gets an alright 6/10.
July 24, 2013
July 21, 2013
Half Light Is A Decently Entertaining Mystery/Thriller. After The Death Of Her Son, Author Rachel Carson (Demi Moore) Decides To Move To A Remote Village In Scotland (Filmed In Wales), To Get Away From It All & Work On Her New Book. Once She's There Though She Starts To Become Haunted By Her Son's Ghost As Well As Other Beings. This So-So Enjoyable Thriller Is Bad & Doesn't Have Much To It's Plot But If It Weren't For The Performances By It's Cast This Film Would Have Been A Lot Worse.
½ July 15, 2013
A really plodding story that wanders at times aimlessly through the marshes.....not one chill in this boring thriller.
½ March 31, 2013
Despite some fist clenching cliches, Moore steals the show with her performance. "Half Light" is a good thriller...if you're looking for some temporary thrills.
½ March 31, 2013
I expected crap, and well, I got a crappy movie with a half assed story that wasn't that bad. It wasn't that good either. It's a decent flick, slightly under average, It's more creepy than scary, and unsettling than relying on cheap thrills.
March 30, 2013
A mother moves to a freaky British village to get over the death of her son and start writing again. This film uses obvious shocks and a screenplay full of clichés that only make it seem laughable rather than scary or even frightening.
½ March 9, 2013
Auditioned for this film, Glad I didn't get the role, shame though, it was shot in North Wales, in Anglesey, The whole film just does not sit together very well, the script is poor, Demi is fantastic, but it's not enough to save this film, sadly.
February 28, 2013
Oh this is another hidden gem found on Netflix! I do predict that this is the type of film where women will enjoy it far more than male viewers. It has stunning HD scenes of the beach and lighthouses plus it combines elements of romance, drama and mystery!! Rachel Carson (Demi Moore) is a famous writer, her many books have made her a millionaire and her second husband Brian (Henry Cusick) lives in her shadows so to speak. She has a son (Thomas) from a previous marriage and after the tragic death of her son, she decides to divorce her husband. In an effort to finish her novel and find some emotional peace, Rachel moves away to a remote cottage on the Scottish coast. However, she soon starts to see the ghost of her late son warning her that she is in danger. The story continues from there and it is amazing, what a tangled web of intrigue, mystery, romance, envy. This story reminds me of the saying "with friends like that who needs enemies". I cannot reveal anymore but trust me, it was a wonderful film, great acting, the scenery was lovely, and to watch in HD was a treat. The ending was surprising, making this one a good thriller. Definitely recommended!!
February 3, 2013
Kinda like it! Performances were average but photography and lanscapes are gorgeous!!
December 7, 2012
Could be worthwhile, will see.