Half Baked - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Half Baked Reviews

January 6, 2015
I enjoyed seeing this again recently even more than when I first saw it in the early days of its original release. Dave Chappelle gets the most laughs in this one. The jokes and parodies about marijuana are hilarious and over the top. Jim Breuer is a comic genius overlord. Harland Williams is always funny. Tommy Chong is funny. I had a great time watching this again. Stoners will love this.
½ December 20, 2013
A very funny and somewhat classic of Stoner movies. Dave Chapelle in his prime right here. It's a dumb premise but the jokes, acting and silliness of it all makes it enjoyable for those who aren't too serious about it!
December 25, 2014
This is a really smart funny movie and I never really paid it any attention. My only gripe is it never gets too heavy, probably because the audience for it is stoners and they don't want to freak anyone out. Also the character Mary Jane is underdeveloped but I can kind of forgive it because she's the straight character. Really good despite it's low rating.
September 7, 2013
I really like stoner movies, even though i don't smokdeganj often.
November 8, 2014
Irresistibly Hilarious!
November 28, 2007
Jai TELLEMENT rit la 1ere fois que jai vu ce film !!!!
July 29, 2007
What's that thing we used to eat back in the day? Oh yeah, Pussy!
½ August 9, 2007
In reality the only things of value in this film are a rare look at pre-Chappelle Show Dave and the always welcome appearance from Harland Williams. Everything else is probably only enjoyable to the stoners who've made this a cult classic.
April 14, 2008
Completely insane and not really heavy on plot, character development, or special effects (there's a talking blunt at the end of the film), it is without thought, a thoughtless movie. But a fun, good time and great movie to kick back and watch with whatever stoner friends you like. Mindless entertainment for a while, but at least it's funny.
½ July 15, 2014
5,5/10
Expected more
July 18, 2012
One of the best stoner comedies made.
July 10, 2014
One of the best movies ever made. Period.
½ May 18, 2014
I'm sorry that 29% critical review is horse shit. half baked is a great comedy.
June 6, 2014
You don't have to be a pothead to appreciate this movie, just a fan of Dave Chappelle. The humor is obviously stupid, but that is to be expected and the talented actors make it work most of the time. Don't go searching some complex storyline with this film, the plot is simply something to hang the jokes on. But, again, that shouldn't be unexpected either.
May 30, 2014
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.
½ May 8, 2014
I love stoner movies but this stoner movie is stoned stupid.
½ March 31, 2014
Even for a dumb comedy, this was really, really dumb. Dave Chappelle is occasionally funny but this movie is too dumbed down to be anything special.
June 1, 2013
Hilarious movie. Very stupid, but very funny. Second best stoner comedies.
½ February 22, 2014
best stoner movie to date.
January 24, 2014