Half The Sky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Half The Sky Reviews

February 25, 2015
This movie is life changing. Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn do an amazing job investigating the stories of women in developing countries. With each story Kristof takes the extra step to get at the heart of the problem facing the women. The celebrities involved such as America Ferrera, Diane Lane, Eva Mendes, Meg Ryan, Gabrielle Union, and Olivia Wilde as well as commentary from many others, brings light to the atrocities happening across the world. This movie is based off the book Half the Sky; the movie does an excellent job at describing the problems and solutions of women in third world countries. Kristof and the actresses mentioned earlier explore female genitalia mutilation, human trafficking, lack of education for females as well as economic empowerment, and rape. The oppression of these women calls for action. Kristof and the actresses meet women going fighting for the women. These women fighting for a better future of women have organized their own organizations to save the lives of thousands of girls and women. This movie is a call for action. Every person should watch this movie.
June 16, 2014
awesome doc but we've got a long way 2go
May 18, 2014
Poignant, harrowing, not only profoundly grounding about the plight of women internationally, but also hopeful and inspiring.
July 18, 2013
Inspiring look at young girls and women striving for an education against overwhelming oddsâ?¦ something we take for granted in this country.
November 25, 2012
Stop What You're Doing And Watch This Movie!
Open Your Eyes!
Open Your Hearts!
November 24, 2012
This documentary based on Nicholas Kristof's book by the same name, tells the story of global oppression of women and girls. The movie follows several well-known celebrities who travel to the far corners of the world to witness the problems of sex trafficking and forced prostitution, gender-based violence and maternal mortality. Each story includes profiles of women who are fighting to make a change even a great personal cost! We need to raise awareness of this issue. It impacts our shared humanity who "share half the sky" with us.