Halloween III - Season of the Witch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

November 6th 2011
August 3rd 2014
October 14th 2017
October 15, 2017
This series was originally intended to be an annual Halloween themed horror franchise. The first two movies ended the Michael Myers story and so they moved on to this weird science fiction/horror hybrid. It's got robots, evil masks, talk of witchcraft and they even kill children. Unfortunately, people suck and because there was no Michael, this movie was panned by movie-goers worldwide. That's not to say that this movie was great because it wasn't, but it was odd enough and different enough to warrant at least a single viewing.
October 9, 2017
Even without our regular villain here, this entry is very fun, and paced pretty well. Unfortunately, it cant live up to the previous two installments. (and the theme song will be stuck in your head for days....)
September 28, 2017
Fuck you it's a good movie
September 13, 2017
Awesome film, best of the whole lot!
½ July 20, 2017
It was scary but for a Halloween movie it sucked. The story was weird and the acting was very mediocre.
June 18, 2017
Thriller de ação paranoico, desagradável do começo ao fim. Tommy Lee Wallace tenta reciclar halloween, e acaba piorando aquilo que já não era bom. Tommy foi extremamente estupido e insensato, permitir que o mundo veja esse pedaço de nada deveria ser crime!
½ June 15, 2017
This film is super underrated. People don't like this film because it doesn't have Michael Myers. It's still a good film even though he's not used in it. It's an excellent horror film in itself. The cast fits the parts. I actually believe that they are their characters. The directing is interesting and the film is filled with cool shots. The story is interesting and keeps you guessing the whole time. The soundtrack is so one of the kind and it fits the film so well. Overall, this film is super underrated. If you are a horror film and haven't seen this film, check it out.

Rating: 9.4/10
½ May 24, 2017
Not real bad! Just so far away from the first 2.
½ May 15, 2017
Not as bad as it's made out to be, but still wish it hadn't been made due to the success behind Michael Myers
May 13, 2017
Despite this probably being a controversial opinion, this is probably my favorite in the series. Despite the other films in the series, which are all boring slasher films with plot points we've seen before (which believe me, doesn't bother me a lot. I am a fan of this series, as well as the genre in general) this one is so off-the-rails, you're never going to forget it. If you're a hardcore fan of the series, and was disappointed watching it before, give it another chance. You may find it to be an enjoyable experience
April 29, 2017
John Carptenter's frequent collaborator Tommy Lee Wallace wrote and directed this non-Michel Meyers Halloween sequel that's more of an "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" type of story than slasher film. Carpenter regular Tom Atkins plays a man investigating a mysterious Halloween costume company run by evil scientist Dan O'Herlihy. The film does have a bit slower of pace than I'd have liked, but I did like the creepy company town vibe that's nicely oppressive. This was the last film that involved producers John Carpenter and Debra Hill, who also did uncredited rewrites. Carpenter and Alan Howarth provided the film's score, so this film still feels consistent with the first two films, even if the story is a drastic departure. Although fans did not like this film at the time of it's release and it had poor box office, I've always liked this oddball entry into the Halloween series and wish there might have been further non-Michel Meyer Halloween films by Carpenter and company.
½ April 4, 2017
The third film in the franchise misses the three elements that it needs to be successful: Laurie Strode, Dr. Loomis, and Michael Myers. All are missing from this one. The plot is week, feeling more like a rejected episode of "The Twilight Zone". More Sci/Fi than Horror this one never gets off the ground.
March 14, 2017
It's great they tried something new but it's just plain bad.
March 4, 2017
A perfectly enjoyable, albeit unfocused, standalone horror romp. The biggest mistake the filmmakers made was naming it Halloween III.
February 20, 2017
Change the name to SEASON OF THE WITCH. Good Movie when your not expecting Michael Myers to be in it.....
February 14, 2017
O único filme que eu não assisti, e o único que merece 0/5 apenas por ser um caça níquel 100%sem vergonha. Halloween sem Michael Myers é uma afronta a qualquer pessoa.
January 16, 2017
No No No If This Film Doesn't Show Myers This Film Is Nothing! I did Understand The story that there are killer masks ?? Killing Kids But still I don't like this movie I really don't!!!
½ January 15, 2017
Definitely not a great movie but still enjoyable. At least it was unique! 2.5 stars.
½ January 4, 2017
Strangely, though this movie has no place in the Halloween franchise, it's not so bad as a standalone. Unfortunately, just about every time you think the film is encroaching on 3-stars-plus territory, something goofy manages to remind you that as much as this movie toes the average line, it rarely makes sense. Combine that with average acting, an average score, and one hell of an ending (pun intended), and what you get overall is a very solidly average movie. Still, I can think of worse ways to spend a couple hours (coughTransformers2007cough). Perhaps if it hadn't been promoted as a franchise movie, it might have gotten the attention it probably deserved.