Halloween - The Curse of Michael Myers (Halloween 6) Reviews

• 4d ago

At this point, this franchise is ruining itself.

At this point, this franchise is ruining itself.

• Oct 12, 2019

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers is really bad. Now that that's out of the way, I can actually start the rest of this review. Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers begins interestingly, with Jamie Lloyd imprisoned and giving birth in a strange, industrial, cult-like setting. This movie basically means nothing and it basically achieves nothing, unless that itself counts as an achievement. As the story of Curse progresses forward, it's very difficult to understand and increasingly less cohesive. No characters mean anything, not one of them. If forced to choose which character means most, it would have to be Michael because of his simplistic role to begin with. It's expected to be easy to give meaning to such a flat character that plays a role as a symbol of pure evil. However, Myers can't mean anything if his vulnerable victims don't mean anything, and they, in fact, don't mean anything. It's unclear what the intended message to be communicated to the audience is in Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers. It's not necessarily just another film of the franchise that sends a message of survival, fear, evil, or trauma. It's definitely about a cult that "controls" Michael Myers and has an agenda. This agenda is never revealed, nor is it revealed how anything on screen makes sense. Nothing on screen makes sense. This movie is like a weird YouTube video made by kids, or something. It feels like it's obviously not deep, meaningful, or even understandable. No meaning is made from anything that happens, and it doesn't really even succeed at telling any story. It's definitely strange, gory, and has a dark atmosphere. Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers just doesn't make any sense. It's funny. 1/10

• Sep 29, 2019

I did not really like this movie, and The story was lame. It wasn't a horrible film but it could have been better.

• Sep 22, 2019

This Halloween film was made, to try to explain Michael Myers Origins, but really it explains why there is a two dollar dvd bin at Walmart, because this movie is definitely in it. Grade: D-

• Sep 21, 2019

To think this was Paul Rudd's first "major" movie is scary in its own right. It really doesn't make much sense. Very lazy writing that makes you just roll your eyes.

• Sep 19, 2019

Decent Myers mask. Absolutely terrible story and character arc.

Decent Myers mask. Absolutely terrible story and character arc.

• Aug 19, 2019

By far the worst Halloween movie ever made. How this movie was green lit with the script they decided to go with is beyond me. A plot so over the top and non-sensical it truly is a car crash of a film. Zero tension, zero thrills and a cringe-worthy finale make this film one of the worst horror/slashers ever made for film. 0.5/5

• Jul 10, 2019

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS

• Jun 29, 2019

"Halloween 6" tries to create a backstory for Michael Myers too late in the series which results in a convoluted mess and an overall stupid movie.

• Jun 27, 2019

Yeah, I liked this one over Halloween 5 and Halloween: H20 for various reasons. Part 5 was an illogical mess with continuing on the franchise. H20 tried to ignore it and say it was re-inventing itself for purpose. So this was already going to be a mess, but luckily, it wasn't. Between this and the Unrated Producer's Cut it drew a fine line in the ground and luckily didn't step over it. Now is it scary? I don't think so. Was it nice to have Loomis back? Of course it was. But the characters were actually people with goals and they had some kind of semblance with the story. Myers being used as a tool for the Thorn cult with some added information. I can buy that. But it became so complex that it got out of hand. Instead of teasing us like part 5 did, it told us what it was. Both's endings are muddled in this story with a conclusion that ended the entire franchise for a bit.