Halloween: Resurrection - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Halloween: Resurrection Reviews

October 24, 2016
Horrible, busta not only killed Mikey, but the franchise with this one.
October 23, 2016
All I have to say is, what a dumb, awful, terrible, shittastic movie. Wow. I absolutely hate how they did Jamie Lee Curtis. I get she didn't want to be involved with these movies anymore, but cmon. And the entire plot of this movie is ridiculous. Busta Rhymes as a karate enthusiast. Ughhhhhh lol. Acting is trash too. Hands down the worst in the entire franchise.
October 16, 2016
I don't even consider this part of the series. Absolutely terrible movie. It's a shame they gave it a Halloween title.
October 14, 2016
I don't actually recall falling asleep in too many movies, this one did it! The acting was pretty lame...definitely my least of the the series (Rob Zombie ones not included).

The biggest mistake with this movie is that Laurie is only in it for the first 15 minutes or so...from there it goes downhill and quick!
2/5 OR 4/10
½ October 14, 2016
The first 15 minutes are bad enough, with what they do with Laurie Strode, but it gets even worse by trying to "update" the series by including "new" technology as a huge part of the story. It's almost never a good idea to do this since it dates your film almost immediately. Busta Rymes & Tyra Banks only add to the wretchedness.
October 7, 2016
I had fun with "Halloween: Resurrection" or 'Halloween 8' for short, despite them killing the best heroine in history Laurie Strode (played by Jamie Lee Curtis) but at least it has Michael Myers in it which is the best part of the film. The eighth installment takes place three years since "Halloween: H20," Jamie Curtis once again plays Laurie Strode, she's now in a mental institution waiting for Michael Myers (Brad Loree) to return. This time the story line returns to Myers' hometown in Haddonfield, IL, there's a contest where six college students (Bianca Kajlich, Katee Sackhoff, Thomas Ian Nicholas, Sean Patrick Thomas, Luke Kirby and Daisy McCrackin) spent a night in the serial killer's home. Busta Rhymes is bad and he's supposed to be funny but pretty bad here including model Tyra Banks. The film is entertaining and not in a good way it's bad but it's so bad that it's so good. The only person who I liked was Bianca Kajlich as Sara. 3/5 stars
Tyler H.
July 21, 2016
I watched this film on netflix or amazon prime i believe and i was going into it thinking it was gonna be bad but i gave it a un bias try. After watching this i have to say this could be one of the worst horror movies of all time. A wasted talented cast and potentially powerful sequel is killed in its tracks by its horrible acting and horrible script and story. Busta Rhymes should've been nominated for a Razzi this is so bad. A perfect score on RT they got it just right.
July 15, 2016
I don't hate it as much as I used to, but I still feel the opening is an insult to the fans and it had a really bad excuse to bring Michael Myers back.
July 13, 2016
Very boring. Doesn't have enough in the plot to sustain itself. The casting is easily the worst within the franchise. It just does not have any suspense or scares or horror. It's really a slap in the face toward John Carpenter. I do not recommend this movie to anyone.
½ July 9, 2016
Halloween: Resurrection is about an online show that viewers get to watch people spend the night in the Myers house and it's all fun until Michael returns and begins killing all of them. Sounds terrible? Well yeah it is unless you want to see Busta Rhymes kick Michael Myers through a window while making karate noises. Definitely one of the worst horror movies ever made.
July 7, 2016
½ June 4, 2016
Placing one of our favorite villains of the horror genre within a creatively random plot point, Halloween 8: Resurrection benefits from the unorthodox interplay between Michael Myers and hip hop artist-turned-actor Busta Rhymes to conclude John Carpenter's unprecedented slasher franchise on a pleasurably gory note.
May 31, 2016
only one I haven't seen
½ May 29, 2016
It was okay but not an endong
½ May 14, 2016
Dreadful sequel with more chuckles than scares. This movie sucks.
½ April 9, 2016
1/2 out of 5. Awful. Possibly the most unnecessary sequel ever made.
½ March 8, 2016
Quite possibly one of the worst sequels ever made. Most definitely the worst of the entire series. No redeeming factors at all and is an absolute chore to sit through.
Billie P.
February 16, 2016
This is the ninth film in the original series, and it follows on the heels of the film Halloween H2O: 20 Years Later (1998). The whole film is a mistake.

The film begins with Michael Myers killing his sister Laurie Strode, and then moving back into his old house in Haddonfield. A bunch of crazy college kids happen to be staying there, and they're a part of a reality TV show. Things turn foul for the kids and the show when the challenge to stay in this old haunted house turns serious, with Michael Myers killing everybody. Goodness gracious.

Killing Laurie at the beginning is just throwing away a crucial character for no reason. Given that she is not integral to the rest of this bad film, she did not need to appear at all. Sad that she did.

Also, it is clear from the film that the producers were just wanting to cash in on the pop culture craze of reality TV shows, without seeming to understand reality TV themselves nor how a show like this could be conducted, like in the film, that would be interesting to anybody. Fact is, the show inside this movie would be totally unwatchable.
½ February 9, 2016
The only reason it get 0.5* is because it's a movie that has Michael Myers in it, and because they still use the best music score in movie history (with al due respect to Jaws). Without giving away the ending, it's safe to say that this chapter of the franchise is EASILY the worst one and it's an embarassment to itself. The ending is atrocioius and laughable. Any fan of the Halloween need not watch this iteration, because the only thing it will do is leave you fuming at screenwriters/director/producers. And whoever thought this would be a good idea should be checked into a home where they play this movie 24/7... 365.
½ February 9, 2016
*Sigh* if i could, i'd give it -5 stars. Haha i just watched this filth, and I am still pissed off.