Halloween: Resurrection - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Halloween: Resurrection Reviews

½ December 8, 2015
An incredibly bad and completely unwatchable entry to the "Halloween" series. Jamie Lee Curtis made a bad choice being involved in this embarrassment.
½ November 28, 2015
Michael Myers had to fall, eventually, into the typical slasher flick mode and this film is the start. Never really felt this way about the previous Halloween films. Actually thought they were pretty well done. This one however, even with an appearance by Jamie Lee Curtis, lowers itself a bit. It does not however, loose complete track of its roots, and I even enjoyed it a bit. Will see what's next.
November 19, 2015
Utterly incompetent film that didn't need to happen.
½ November 13, 2015
And to finish the legend of Michael Myers Rick Rosenthal had the clever idea of destroy everything what was fresh whilom, bringing to us a promisor and clever start that hasn't nexus with the rest of the sloppy and boring story that comes next, failing too to make the script something credible and the story more chilling and less cliched.
½ November 13, 2015
½ November 7, 2015
Worst film I've ever seen
October 25, 2015
This movie introduced a neat idea to the franchise then squanders it with moments like seeing Busta Rhymes ninja kick Mike Myers in the face.
½ October 22, 2015
Micheal looks scarier than ever in this film especially when you compare the mask from the last 4. But the twist from H20 is just an awful idea and the story and acting is just as awful.
October 6, 2015
Pretty terrible. Stick to the first Halloween.
½ September 18, 2015
Fuck's sake, where to start with this one?

This film is pretty terrible, trying to tap into the burgeoning reality TV market with a tour of the Myer's home, where (big surprise) the real Michael Myers is waiting for anyone to wander in and then all hell breaks lose.

It's bad. And why the fuck does Busta Rhymes talk to himself through the whole movie? He's yammering constantly, and when there's no one around, he TALKS TO HIMSELF. It's amazingly stupid.

Pass/rental at best, if you wanna make fun of it, because there's a lot to poke fun at.
½ August 25, 2015
Pretty much the worst of the series.
July 10, 2015
They just had to go and make another goddamn Halloween movie. H20 would've been the perfect ending to the franchise! This movie takes such a shit on the previous movie and ruins it entirely. In the ending of the last one we see Laurie finally having her revenge against Michael in such an awesome way (she cuts off his head with an axe) that it should have been the end. BUT! In this movie we find out that she didn't actually kill Michael, she killed a paramedic DRESSED AS MICHAEL! I was really angry when this happened... Then Laurie gets killed. Yeah, she gets killed. Oh God, this movie is baaad! The rest of the movie follows some college kids in the Myers house who are hosting a reality show there. Then Michael comes and kills most of them. The characters suck, you don't care whether they live or die. The movie tries to be a part found footage film, and part not. While I do respect that they tried to do something new to the franchise, it was done badly. I can't recommend this movie to anyone, except if you're having some sort of a Halloween marathon. If you want to skip the shit, watch the first 3, then the 7th one. Those are the ones worth watching.
½ June 26, 2015
This was an unneeded foray after the last movie(and the best of the sequels).Ruined the whole franchise for me as Micheal finally kills off Laurie.Thanks you bunch of A HOLES.
½ June 7, 2015
This one was alright... I just think that all these films are just not good.
½ May 23, 2015
Resurrection shouldn't exist, but what did you expect from the studio. This, somewhat final installment, gives fans weak kills, weak characters, but a memorable Michael.
½ May 16, 2015
This film does everything wrong. The characters are dull and unlikeable. The reality TV, digital POV gimmick is distracting and adds nothing to the film. It's an unimaginative, by-the-numbers slasher film. Busta Rhymes is an extreme irritant. Even Michael Myers' mask looks cheap and awful. Shockingly, this is not the worst film in the franchise.
May 12, 2015
busta ryhmes ruined the movie
½ April 22, 2015
Stick To Zombie & Carpenter Version's.. !
½ April 12, 2015
Just watched this on Netflix. as a slasher/Halloween fan... This movie is without question the worst Halloween movie let alone one of the worst slasher movies ever made (if you can call it a slasher). Avoid this garbage.
½ March 10, 2015
Not the worst, but not the best either. Halloween Resurrection could've been so much better. The acting needed MAJOR improvement, but it's still entertaining. However, its more funny than scary. If you want a stupidly enjoyable film, then Halloween Resurrection is for you.