Hammer of the Gods - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hammer of the Gods Reviews

October 11, 2015
I wouldn't pan the film as the other reviewer did, but how he got this film was still pretty funny. Major trolling. But because of shit like that, there's this awesome element to video rental stores that will never be duplicated ever again! So, this movie is just weird. Werewolves and Thor and Balthier and Olfrac Stormcloak, idk...I was thinking of Skyrim the whole time, I was also thinking that the guy looked Egyptian. I have no clue, the film is kind of rediculous and over the top and the plot is pretty useless. I agree with the other reviewer, the acting is horrible. I mean, it's an okay film, I wouldn't say horrible.
½ May 5, 2015
I wanted to give this 5 stars but to be critical of the movie I decided to give it 4.5 stars. This is an exceptional film definitely worth watching. I hope anyone who sees this will take my review into consideration...
March 2, 2014
An age-old tale of action and adventure, where battles of blood and mysterious creatures bring rise to a brave hero in a land of darkness and fear.

Legendary Nordic warrior Thor (Zachery Bryan) sets out with his army of Vikings on a journey to discover foreign lands - searching for treasures to plunder, glory to bask in and fame to call their own. But when a scout goes missing on a strange island, the search party discovers a group of terrified native inhabitants who are seemingly being terrorised by packs of savage werewolves.

Inspired by his visions of a powerful weapon, Thor takes up the challenge to track down the coveted Hammer of the Gods - a mighty weapon of immense power that when wielded may save his army and the islanders from the marauding beasts and establish Thor as a hero of mythic proportions.

also stars Alexis Peters, Mac Brandt, Daz Crawford, Melissa Osborne, Vladimir Kolev, Raicho Vasilev, Nicole Ennemoser, George Zlatarev, Hristo Mitzkov, John Laskowski, Maxim Genchev, Richie Manteliev, Lazar Radkov, Velislav Pavlov, Peter Meltev and Rafael Jordan.

directed by Todor Chapkanov.
½ January 9, 2014
Believe it or not. I got this by accident from my rental service when I requested the "actual" Thor film (the big one). So, I tried watching this for the sake of completionist obsession and maybe taking one for the team. I took a bullet alright .. more like a hundred. Awful acting and effects and nothing makes sense whatsoever. Even if I would try to make a film as bad as this, I could not pull it off. Never ... ever .... come close to this garbage.
November 19, 2013
Moviefone looks at some noticeable missteps in popular superhero flicks.
February 26, 2013
An unexceptional swords and sandals piece in which Zachery Ty Bryan does okay as mythological god Thor, with a cast of supporting players failing to make the grade and a script that could've done with a few more re-writes to improve the dialogue.

By no means horrible, just nothing special.
½ February 1, 2013
Absolutely ridiculous. So.... Let's talk about what is good in this film... the costumes: no, story: no, special effects: god no, acting: no, script: no, make up: terrible, Beyond that: Lighting is ok and cinematography is ok too. It beggars belief how a film like this can be produced as overall it's just so bad. It' actually boring. The 'action' scenes are particularly dull, the drama completely uninspired, the creatures are kind of funny and unbelievable (skinny men with animal heads on ??) So my thoughts are just dont watch this!! Unless you really need something to help you fall asleep....
½ February 1, 2013
awful awful awful I could not get past the first 15 minutes. Wooden acting, really cliched lines.. ghastly. Only for the brave...
March 3, 2012
A bunch of Vikings land on an island which is populated by vicious werewolf creatures. They start to get picked off one by one by the creatures. Thor starts getting visions of a man wielding a mighty hammer and it's on the island being guarded by the wolf god Fenris.The Vikings that are still alive decide to follow Thor in his quest to retrieve it. Utter drivel! If this story had been done right it would have been great but instead we have a lousy production with wooden acting from the cast and poor special effects. All we get is people running around some woods with badly staged sword fights.This production is simply horrible and I'd advise anybody to steer well clear from it. If you really want to see something a little bit similar to this take a look at Dog Soldiers instead.
½ February 25, 2012
Outch.. Complètement mauvais! Définitivement, le sutdio SyFy c'est vraiment mauvais! Des acteurs pas convaincants du tout, un film d'action avec combats subjectifs contre des genres de loups-garous aussi nowhere que ridicules, une réalisation de marde avec des dialogues inintéressant.. J'ai détesté!
½ January 4, 2012
A little slow in places and the CGI could have been better, the film had potential because it creates quite a convincing atmosphere and the sword-fights aren't half bad.
½ September 5, 2011
This makes the list of the worst 10 movies of all time that I somehow watched completely. Joining such "great" movies as Hoop Soldiers. This movie is terrible in every category. How a script which such terrible writing even made it to production is beyond me. I wanted to stop watching it after the first 15 minutes, but I was really bored.
½ February 19, 2011
Truly aweful. One of the worst things I've seen in ages. From the effects to the acting, everything is just bad here.
½ January 31, 2011
Wow, this is just horrible! Everything is wrong here - the casting is wrong - Zachery Ty Bryan is nice, but wrong for this part - he is too doughy to play Thor. Also, I don't think everyone in mythical movies has to have British accents, but if they all come from the same area, they should have the same accent! The hair and make-up is terrible - why would Thor have a faux-haux? The costumes are laughable! People are running around with wolf-masks - it is just terrible! And the worst part is the movie is just boring! A movie like this should be fun, but there is nothing fun about this at all.
October 7, 2010
Dreadful adaptation of the Norse myths starring a bearded Zachary Ty Bryan
September 25, 2010
Seriously, why did they make this movie? Cheesy acting, thin story; I'm not likely to ever finish this movie :(
August 12, 2010
Cheesy and bad late night horror/sci-fi channel movie, it has a bad script, acting and CGI so it has nothing going for it.
½ May 17, 2010
½ May 1, 2010
This movie obviously would have been ten times better with a bigger budget, but I enjoy Vikings running around fighting things. I just wish the guy who played Thor could act a little better and be a little more bad ass. The ship they had was pretty sick looking.
½ April 14, 2010
A brilliant lesson on how not to make a film.