Hammer Of The Gods - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hammer Of The Gods Reviews

½ April 27, 2016
More like hammer of the mortals as there are no gods present. Even if you are speaking metaphorically saying the humans are akin to gods, it is still not accurate as they were not godlike either.
½ March 24, 2016
the show never got going to even say it was bad . it just was not there at all !
½ October 4, 2015
One of dozens of derivatives after the success of , .
And it's so dull, just saying.
February 17, 2015
Absolutely loved it!
January 7, 2015
Horrible movie. I never want to see it ever again.
½ October 2, 2014
Not nearly as bad as I was expecting with all the poor reviews. The scenery is by far the best part of this movie. had they use Old Norse to speak in and had a bit more help with keeping the pace going it would have turned out really well. For the budget they had it worked out well.
September 21, 2014
This was alright it was a little slow.
½ September 20, 2014
well....its a cheesy way to do great Greek movies
½ August 1, 2014
It was a remake of the story Heart of Darkness which the movie Apocalypse Now was based on
½ July 24, 2014
The poster is interesting. But the movie, poorly crafted film.
Action/Fight choreography is awful too.

1.5 Stars
½ July 20, 2014
another viking actioner
½ July 6, 2014
Great scenery, great Battles, interesting story. People complaining of the gore have no place reviewing a movie about vikings.
½ April 28, 2014
It was ok. Lots of fighting scenes... mostly all fighting scenes with a storyline. However near the end of it had a messed up finale in which I could have done without. No mythical storyline and was really not that wonderful. It did hold my interest enough to watch it to the end.
April 22, 2014
This movie confused me, as I could not say right away if I really "4 Star" liked it or not, but after thinking about it: yes, I did. The beautiful Cinematography played a big part in that fact. Then there is Charlie Bewley, who acts incredible and has a great charisma, Clive Standen is now well known for "Vikings" and did, supposedly, a rehearsal here ;). In my interpretation it is the story of an initiation. It is cruel and there are a little to many hiking scenes (Lord of the Rings style) where there is literally nothing happening. But somehow it still grabbed me. And I found it very interesting that Steinar, the prince on a quest for his brother, had a uncommon atheistic worldview, while the movie as a whole was very critic towards religion. "Hammer of the Gods" was somehow weird, but it worked (for me)
April 1, 2014
Worst movie in history
March 25, 2014
Very poor Viking blood thirsty yarn. Just no reasoning behind the already thin plot
March 22, 2014
Mouais, ša se regarde, sans plus.
March 17, 2014
There's little fault with the dark age mood and isolated location sets and scenery, but the bloody violent story is laboursome with no characters to care about.
½ March 16, 2014
A mess in both the visceral and sense contexts, this is a strange beast indeed. There are too many partly formed ideas at play here, resulting in straight-to-DVD quality output.
March 8, 2014
It was cool. I watched this on Netflix. However, I do not own it.