Hangar 18 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hangar 18 Reviews

½ September 17, 2015
It's a campy X-Files before it was X-Files was relevant.
½ March 21, 2015
An early attempt to cash in on the UFO conspiracy genre. By today's standard it's rather horrible but maybe a little decent for it's time.
June 28, 2013
I must wonder if Dave Mustaine watched this movie and then wrote "Hangar 18" afterwards, because the plot is quite similar the lyrics of the song. Actually, this movie isn't completely bad. It has decent acting talent, and some pretty good special effects near the end. The plot isn't too bad, but it goes downhill as soon as they mention humans being descended from aliens. Somehow, it feels like one of those movies that was made for TV, but it's really not too bad. At least they tried their best.
June 28, 2013
This movie isn't particularly good, but it's not bad either. The acting is decent, the special effects don't seem too artificial, but the film at times seems somewhat unengaging at times.
May 26, 2013
Views like a TV movie, with similar production values. This movie had the opportunity to vigorously explore some wide ranging topics like alien technology and physiology as well as our cultural readiness to encounter alien beings. Instead we get "we have met the alien, and he is us" and anti-US government propaganda. Not my cup of tea.
April 30, 2013
One of the classics of the early 80s sci-fi genre.
March 17, 2013
If you like older SciFi movies this is a must see! Sometimes hoaky but watchable! Really boggles the mind to realize how quickly tech has advanced in only 30years!
½ March 4, 2013
76%

-Under Wraps-

"We already know what's on it, it'll all come out on the report. Now that's all you have to know for now. Everything's going to be ALRIGHT...Trust me, okay."-Harry Forbes (Darren McGavin)

Mild take on the real star wars.
January 29, 2013
Watched HANGAR 18 at least 50 or more times now and gets better every time.
½ June 4, 2012
A crazy mishmash of sci-fi, action, and buddy cop type mystery.
September 4, 2011
Plodding movie based on government conspiracy involving alien aircraft that somehow manages to bore rather than provide suspense and intrigue. Somehow has a decent reputation. MST3K did a good job of putting it in its place in one of its earliest episodes.
July 9, 2011
July 5, 2011
After a fatal shuttle mission, two astronauts pursue the truth in this sci-fi thriller that surprisingly still holds up to this day.
April 27, 2011
You'd think with the subject matter that this film is attempting to explore, that "Hangar 18" would try to deliver with aliens or little green men. Instead we're given dead bald cromagnons with blue eyes with a spaceship that looks like a Japanese shoe polish machine. While actors Darren McGavin and Robert Vaughn lead the cast above the material, the rest of the actors wallow in the waste of this boring production. The production and camera work feels like a 1970s TV series, and while it does not hold this film back, it doesn't help at all as the story slowly plays out with little intrigue or plot twists. I guess this should description should summarize "Hangar 18": When the good guys are on the ropes being chased in a gas tanker by thugs, one of them decides to crawl outside, turn on the gasoline on the bad guys car, but instead of ceasing pursuit, or avoiding the gasoline, the bad guys SHOOT the guy clinging to the GAS truck. Nevermind the fact the tanker would've killed them all. It's that dumb of a film trying to capitalize off the naivety of its audience. One flying saucer turd.
March 23, 2011
Not too bad of a story for its time...todays standards however... Acting gets a "D", but the story keeps you hooked to let you meke it to the end. A workable remake might be in order...
½ March 22, 2011
I'm not really sure why I'm giving this a rating ABOVE 1 star. Maybe that extra half a start is purely for the awesome that is Robert Vaughn, even though I feel like he is SEVERELY under-used in this movie. But, seriously, probably one of the most boringest loose-ends flying everywhere alien movie I have ever seen in my life. It made my TEARS have tears it was so boring. It was 1 hour and 37 minutes longer than it needed to be. And as soon as the end credits come up you seriously are left there, jaw half-open, the popcorn that you've been eating just falling out, possibly even dropping your drink onto your lap, as you go frozen in disbelief. And the quote from "Black Sheep" after Chris Farley falls down the mountainside approriately comes to mind: ".....What in the HECK was THAT all about???" Seriously, the movie had us believing that it was actually the Pilot for a TV series, because there were so many unanswered questions it just seemed like they HAD to be planning to continue it in a series or something.

I should have known that an alien movie from 1980 was still too close to the 70's to be a GOOD 80's alien film.

Patrocious. Simply patrocious.

Never again.
February 14, 2011
Horrible....But it did entertain me in a 1980s sort of way, plus the dad from a Christmas Story didn't hurt.
½ November 14, 2010
Some cool ideas with things on the space ship, classic situation about trying to hide something from the public and trying to wipe up all those who know about it.
½ November 4, 2010
Fun classic sci-fi movie, available on Netflix streaming. I love Netflix.