Hanging Up Reviews

• Jul 20, 2019

It's the first film that comes to mind when someone asks, "What's the worst movie you have ever seen?"

• May 25, 2019

I really love the actors but a painful drag of a movie. The son laughing was hilarious. But no real character development. Self-centered... a family in need of Recovery. Goes nowhere 😢

• Oct 05, 2018

While the three leads do a commendable job for the most part, it is the script that kills this adaptation into a dull, forgettable, ham-fisted shlock. 2/5 stars

• Jun 09, 2018

I remember watching this movie many years ago and thinking it was entertaining and touching. I find it surprising the way EVERYONE on here just rips it to shreds. The acting was great in it and the story line does have a very human element. It's a good movie I think.

• Feb 09, 2016

good & engaging com-dram

good & engaging com-dram

• Dec 14, 2015

Meg Ryan was nice and still pretty in this one ,Walter Matthau had a few funny lines to...but the chaos on the phones gets disturbing after 15 minutes , glad Meg put all the phones out off the wall after 60 minutes and talk face to face to her sisters ! Seen better with Meg . SOMDVD

• Nov 06, 2015

Dreadful and unappealing as its characters.

Dreadful and unappealing as its characters.

• Sep 06, 2015

Wow! Great cast and stupendously irritating script!

Wow! Great cast and stupendously irritating script!

• Nov 13, 2014

Diane Keaton is a solid actress that has proven herself through her longevity and body of work. now Keaton as a director is definitely not living up to her reputation. This film was painful to watch and felt like an overload of estrogen running wild, with three actresses going nuts, babbling silly lines on screen and ending up boring us to death. The film is also horribly lit and look like one of these cheap TV soap opera from the 90's. For some it may bring answers to their family ties neurosis but for me it was like sitting through one of the most boring, superficial and overacted film. Even the three leads could not save the journey and Meg Ryan in all her cuteness and audience appeal seems to wonder what the heck she's doing in this melodrama. Diane Keaton is very Diane Keaton and Lisa Kudrow is not much of an addition to this insipid and vacuous effort. No definitely a miss and a big one.

• Nov 12, 2014