Hanky Panky Reviews

• Dec 03, 2018

Un capolavoro della comicità sobria. Ironia e sarcasmo di stile e classe. Gene Wilder ha sempre saputo far ridere e intrattenere con intelligenza, senza volgarità e senza mai essere banale. Da vedere

• Dec 20, 2016

Wacky, confusing, and funny.

Wacky, confusing, and funny.

• Oct 07, 2016

not really an action comedy, as there's no real laughs - a few moments that make you smile, but that's about it. Wilder's OK, but plays it straight for most of the time. The plot is a simple 'innocent man caught in a conspiracy' tale, although it takes a very long time to learn what's on the tape and why people are dying. Pretty unmemorable.

• Mar 04, 2015

It's a shame to see genuinely funny actors like Gene Wilder sell out by doing a film which isn't at all funny, or interesting. Why on earth was this called Hanky Panky, by the way. Look at the cover and tell me that this has anything to do with the film. This is a poor story sold by suggestive marketing and a big name comedian. I can imagine that a lot of people will have felt robbed after seeing this.

• Nov 02, 2014

I don't get how Gene Wilder was ever a thing. He's shrill, neurotic, and unfunny. This is the best of the three movies he made with the adorable Gilda Radner, which isn't really saying much. She doesn't even show up for the first half hour, but the part does give her a little more to do than her other roles. Unfortunately, Sidney Poitier directs it in the style of a sub-par 70's TV show. Hanky Panky makes the (somewhat similar) Outrageous Fortune look like Citizen Kane.

• Dec 16, 2013

Wilder & Radner's first film together is a delightful romantic comedy--A talented cast makes it enjoyable!!

• Nov 30, 2013

I saw 35 minutes of this movie and all that I saw was gold. Anything Gene Wilder ever touched was gold.

• Feb 11, 2013

Great fun - Wilder and Radnor take us on a crazy chase

Great fun - Wilder and Radnor take us on a crazy chase

• Oct 14, 2012

A movie that was supposed to be for Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor became a movie for Gene and Gilda Radner (from SNL) who he later married and was married to her until she passed away in 1989 from ovarian cancer. Sure it would have been great to have had Richard Pryor in this, but I think Gilda really makes this movie, the chemistry between Gene and Gilda is great and they went on to make 2 more movies together (The Woman in Red and Haunted Honeymoon) If you've yet to see this movie or have not seen it in a number of years and can't remember all of the plot, then please don't read the back of the DVD box (if you have it) as it tells you more than you need to know about Gildas character in the movie. Directed by Sidney Poitier (who had done Stir Crazy 2 years before) does an ok job of keeping the movie moving along, I have no idea why the movie is called Hanky Panky mind you? If anybody can tell me that then please let me know:D What you're getting here is a mystery movie with the usual Wilder antics, so if you're a fan then you're sure to enjoy this movie... There's a few decent famous faces in the movie and a few faces that were just babes in movie lands arms in the form of William Sadler (Die hard 2) and Steve James (American Ninja movies ) Although Steve is a blink and you'll miss him cop that's credited as a stunt man (who also died at a young age with pancreatic cancer in 93:( ) So this is a good movie and depending on your frame of mind when you watch it, it's a great movie, there's a lot of fun to be had but if you're looking for some Hanky Panky then you'll not find any in this movie.

• Mar 10, 2012

I love Gene Wilder, but this one was pretty disappointing. Originally it was supposed to be the Wilder/Pryor follow-up to "Stir Crazy" (which might have been fun) but the story of Wilder as the innocent caught up with spies, espionage and intrigue was neither thriller or funny. I'm always kind of sad that Wilder had so few good film after 1980 after having so many classics.