Hanover Street - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hanover Street Reviews

March 11, 2008
Harrison Ford + World War 2 = THE TITS!
February 26, 2008
good story line, action love story right ingredents
February 11, 2008
It's not even amusing, but just painful to watch Harrison Ford deliver lines like: "It's so unfair for anybody's eyes to be that color"; "I was lost for awhile, but I think I'm back now"; "I love you enough to let you go, which is more than I've ever loved anything or anybody in my life"; "You've got to go to him and I've got to turn and walk away" and - get this - "Think of me when you drink tea." (!) And all that's just in one scene! Richard Masur is amusing as a wisecracking gunner and the set decorations of wartime London are convincing, but the total lack of chemistry between Ford and Lesley-Anne Down sinks this ship.
December 9, 2007
A movie I'm surprised I haven't heard of, this flick still had an odd sense of justification at some points and a rousing sense of selflessness in others. The dynamic between Ford and Down is, at times, almost laughable; yet somehow, they just barely pulled it off.
December 3, 2007
A young Harrison Ford..you gotta
love him...
December 1, 2007
Not perfect, but I was definitely surprised that this isn't more well known than it is (which is easily explainable by Ford in Star Wars). Overall, I was 'pleasantly' surprised by how much I loved it. I planned on buying this and Catch 22 together, but Catch 22 was gone; however, I found this slightly similar in some of the characters' ideologies, and the development of the story was very well done. Also of note, I really liked the photography, the way some of those scenes were done was really remarkable! If you like Harrison Ford, you'll like Hanover Street.
½ December 1, 2007
I was hoping for more war stories, but I still really liked this movie. It's good for a romantic, but I don't think I'd be sleeping with someone who wouldn't tell me their name!
October 26, 2007
this film isn't so much about WWII than it is about the chance meeting of harrison ford and leslie-anne down. i stumbled upon this movie a long time ago and i've loved it ever since...or more accurately i feel in love with the musical score, it's absolutely beautiful and impossible to find as luck would have it.
September 16, 2007
dime novel sensabilities. awkward everything.
½ August 24, 2007
Saw this on TV today and it was pretty bloody good!!
deano
August 12, 2007
Action director Peter Hyams is out of his element with this melodramatic World War II drama, which consists mostly of an unlikely tryst between American soldier and British nurse. But I'm a fan of Harrison Ford as he was quite a hero in this late 1970's film.
August 9, 2007
Peter Hyams deserves to be taken behind a a 7-11 and shot. This, Timecop, THE MUSKETEER!!!!, he takes great stories and makes them suck, a real talent. I can't speak about 2010, but I am fairly certain it is terrible compared to 2001. Anyways, Ford is as awesome as always in this one, though he rightfully disowns the movie, and Christopher Plummer is great too. Without them, you have one hell of a terrible movie.
July 30, 2007
A well done war romance although Harrison Ford is a little miscast for this storyline.
½ July 27, 2007
great dialogue. superb writing! great acting on Harrison's part as always, Lesley is GORGEOUS. sad but awesome ending. recommended.
½ July 18, 2007
A wonderful tale of love and duty
½ July 16, 2007
A fair WWII love story.
garyX
July 14, 2007
WWII romance that plays like a Mills and Boon novel. Ford and Down make a very handsome couple though, and the stiff upper-lipped derring do behind enemy lines is efficiently handled.
½ June 30, 2007
80s fluff. But I have watched it dozens of times. Propaganda.
June 21, 2007
One of my all time fav cheeky movies. Harrison Ford was great eye candy in his young days. SO sad..a good crying movie.