Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters Reviews

July 31, 2016
Very gruesome but still a good movie!
½ July 25, 2016
What? This movie was Badass. Jeremy Renner as Hansel with a Rifle and Gemma Aerton as Gretel with a Bow N Arrow! I don't get why the Ratings are bad. 15%, Is That All? I rate it higher if i was the tomato meter. I disagree with reviews on this movie because it's nice seeing Renner again and Aerton. I say this is a good movie, A lot of fighting, perfect set-up, people say this ruined the fairy tale, it did! But I think this wasn't bad. not bad bad, It isn't a great movie but could have done a little better.

Score: 8/10
½ July 24, 2016
My word, and here was me thinking this was some form of nursery rhyme or child's story - How things have moved on over the years. I'm just a few minutes in and there's blood being splattered everywhere - I lost count of how many characters died by having their head either shot off, crushed, or decapitated by a shovel. I've never been too familiar with the story of these two but I'm pretty sure this isn't the norm! It starts off all very well with how it should be remembered, two kids are captured in a gingerbread house by a wicked witch, and they eventually escape by pushing her into the oven. That is just the making of this though, as Hansel and Gretel then take it upon themselves to rid their little community of all witches, with the blackest witch of all being their leader, Muriel. This is played by Famke Janssen who plays a similar role as Phoenix in the X-Men films - she just has one of those faces that lends itself to being a psychotic demon. It's a real fantasy thriller that albeit quite short, is a solid entertainer. It has good witches, bad witches, witches, trolls, wild dogs, heroes, and an array of special effects - what more could one want from a Saturday afternoon? I could actually see this being more of a series than a film, kind of like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but given the big Hollywood names as its leads, I suspect nothing like that would ever materialise now. Definitely worth a watch as a one off though, as you'll be gruesomely surprised.
July 20, 2016
I really liked the cheesy, tongue in cheek fun. Wish the sequel would come though.
July 19, 2016
OMG have to make a RTM account just to tell people to ignore the reviews and actually watch the movie, people here were expecting some Oscar performance, intense emotional drama. If you like gore and violence with what I thought was a pretty good story all things considering, give it a watch.
July 16, 2016
A nice alternative idea with some good moments, however the cgi feels lacking and amateurish in some scenes. It could have been a lot better, also after the plot finishes there's a brief action scene before the credits with much better effects and a glamourise style than anything in the main part of the film.
½ July 14, 2016
Really, Really Bad!!
½ July 11, 2016
No. it's not serious about itself.
And that's okay!
This movie was made to be fun and a little ridiculous. It achieves that with campy dialog, gore-overload, and over-the top acting and effects in places. The leading characters use modern quips as the basis of their speech, where everyone else speaks in Ye Olde Times talk. The special effects and the acting are what they need to be to entertain the audience.
It's made by the same studio that made "Eurotrip" so... expect that level of film making. Fun, but if you're hoping for a movie that will meet the standards of Kubrick or Spielberg, you best look elsewhere.
July 8, 2016
An awesome gore fest
½ June 29, 2016
not a bad movie if you don't think logically. that's what I did and it kinda ruined the movie. some people may not know what I mean or talking about. a witch is not a witch by blood but by practice, Gretel would have had no power since she wasn't a practioner of magic. and by that thought the movie was a flop by my point of view.
amazing movie well recommended fantastic in 3D
June 29, 2016
I thought this was very Uniq!
June 29, 2016
Awsome! Hansel is just the hottest guy ever!
½ June 29, 2016
I rented this movie. When it showed MTV was a producer I thought instantly that I wasted my money. Boy was I wrong. Slightly predictable plot, but all in all it was a fast paced and fun movie. The weapons were heavy on fantasy for the time period but the costumes and make up effects were really nice. I went out and bought the movie since I knew I will want to watch it again.
June 29, 2016
I like this new twist on the story all bloody and stuff cool effects and story
June 29, 2016
Hansel and Gretel Has a very good story line I found. It keeps you interested from start to finish. The make-up on the characters (witches) was done very well. I feel that where they shot the movie and how they shot the movie was perfect. It gave the movie the right feel in my opinion. This is a movie that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I highly enjoyed this movie.
June 29, 2016
great film one of my favourites!
Love the special effects