Happy Campers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Happy Campers Reviews

March 21, 2009
This Film seems more like a experiment or a outline for a film that got a first draft but never got revised. The characters are sketchy and not that three dimensional and while the thought of peter stomare running a summer camp is demented fun unfortunately he is only around for little more then a cameo.

The story is these idealistic college students end up running the camp at which they work after the boss gets incapacitated they decide to run the camp to there ideals which turns out fun and fine at first but soon predictably becomes chaos. Just as the camp crumbles so does the mental capacity of the counselers who soon are hooking and coupling up and driving each other crazy to the brink of homicide.

This Film is a major disappointment as it is the feature directing debut of ‚??Heathers‚?? Screenwriter Daniel Waters. Who is brilliant at writing humor but with this film seemed to have great ideas but not a thorough way to put them all together he seems to theorize that this camp represents society to a certain degree. The same logic that was used in heathers but in that film the material seemed to take shape. Here it just seems like a ideological theory with jokes while trying to bring back summer camp movies a genre that has yet to catch on again.

I was personally let down as a fan of Daniel Waters I looked forward to this film and it seems as usual recently when he steps behind the camera I am always impressed by the ideas but hate the visual representation of them.

Skip it.
February 12, 2009
Lower budget, but it has a very likeble cast and it manages to avoid the usual cliches' while still ticking all the appropriate boxes. Some nice observations about the opposite sexes in Daniel Waters' script and he is assured behind the camera too (Not sure if it was his debut or not).
This was one of those happy video shop discoveries for me which I then quickly snapped up on dvd.
January 18, 2009
Teen movie with the usual stereotypes - The good religious girl, the outcast, the gay guy etc. I mostly watched this because of Renfro and Swain
½ September 24, 2008
very good movie and funny
½ August 16, 2008
funny, lovely.
muy entretenida si se toma por lo que es.. una deliciosa comedia adolescente
½ August 4, 2008
Cheesy, not great by any means, but I liked it. It was amusing.
½ July 25, 2008
Fun and great story. Also I love the soundtrack the song called " Unforgettable summer love " is a wonderful song.
June 28, 2008
~Brad buddy, R.I.P. Heroin kills~
June 20, 2008
it's strange, unpredictable, funny, dark, serious, a tad bit depressing, and random as all hell - just my kinda movie!
June 13, 2008
This movie was actually really good. The rating would be higher but it kinda unwinds at the end. Still a really good summer camp movie, a maligned genre indeed.
June 10, 2008
how teen sex comedy should be: bloody terrifying!
May 11, 2008
i loved it. sweet innocent and sexy.
April 9, 2008
Justin fkn Long...
When will he leave the film-medium alone!!?!??
April 6, 2008
What a waste! Almost a good teen-sex romp movie. Didn't even have enough T & A to qualify for that category though. Swain seemed like she was channeling Kirsten Dunst in Bring It On. Keram Malicki-Sanchez is always good and Jamie King was good. Watching Renfro just made me sad.
½ March 30, 2008
La ame apenas la vi... no tengo palabras para expresar lo mucho que me gusto. me encanto.. me mato. Y lo mejor.. la actuacion del fallecido Brad Renfro :(
March 10, 2008
i did love this movie it has a lot of cast members i like
½ March 5, 2008
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
February 28, 2008
classic, pixel rocks fo sho~
February 17, 2008
this movie is very good! i was pleasantly surprissed at the directing, story, and acting.
½ February 16, 2008
do those things really happen at camp??