Happy Death Day 2U Reviews

• Michael M Super Reviewer
    4h ago

The first Happy Death Day was a refreshing new take on the slasher genre with an enjoyable lead actress and a fun dark humor. Not perfect, but fun, and I was actually looking forward to the sequel. What I can give this sequel is it's not a rehash, well, not in the traditional sense. While it does tread over familiar scenes, it does so with the time travel mechanic in sort of a Back to the Future 2 way that's actually quite fun. The plot itself, is brand new. However, it pretty much drops the slasher element for this weird overexplained sci-fi story that we didn't really need and a convoluted plot that even it can't seem to keep track of. I'm not even joking, besides kicking Tree back into the loop, the entirety of the first 20 minutes are completely inconsequential to the rest of the movie. There's even a few weird twists in the first act that seems to be completely forgotten about by end. The movie is ultimately kinda' forgettable. Literally, it's been a couple days since I saw it and honestly I can't even remember who the killer (killers?) actually ended up being this time around. Jessica Rothe as Tree is still a standout performance in this, managing to be really funny and actually pulling off some heartfelt moments too. It's passably entertaining, worth watching once if you liked the first, but it's nothing special.

• 4h ago

• Gimly M Super Reviewer
    21h ago

A notable step down from the first Happy Death Day but I was still pretty happy with this. There are some problems though. Calling it repetitive seems like a no-brainer, given the content, but it's not so much that 2U is doing mostly the same thing as the first one, as that it's doing the same thing as the first one, and that all of the things that are changed are worse. I didn't need an explanation or really much of anything that I saw in 2U. But I guess something had to give if Happy Death Day was going to get a sequel, and as I said, I didn't dislike this. I actually actively did like it. I just don't think it was up to the standard off the first, which even then, was good but not great.

• 1d ago

Although, I had low expectation for this sequel, it ended up being pretty good.

Although, I had low expectation for this sequel, it ended up being pretty good.

• 2d ago

Less of a Slasher film and more of a science fiction comedy.

Less of a Slasher film and more of a science fiction comedy.

• 3d ago

The way they went about this one really surprised me and honestly made me love the series even more.

• 4d ago

Me And My Girlfriend Loved It Best Movie Date

Me And My Girlfriend Loved It Best Movie Date

• 4d ago

Great movies. Keep them coming, always fun to watch her spaz out after a little time travel!

• 5d ago

Ummm... no. Just no. To all of it.

Ummm... no. Just no. To all of it.

• Jun 16, 2019

It's good, not as good as the first one, but still good.

It's good, not as good as the first one, but still good.