Happy Endings - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Happy Endings Reviews

½ August 4, 2016
"Tom's wife is like most of us.
Nothing but opinions.
½ July 16, 2016
Hard to believe this funny and interesting movie gets such a low Tomatometer rating. It's a gem.
June 4, 2015
Love this show! Sad it only got 3 seasons....
May 30, 2015
There are some strong performances in Happy Endings. The problem is that Don Roos' movie is that it feels like an entire TV dramedy has been squeezed into one movie.
January 4, 2014
Good movie. Dark humor, but has some very funny parts.
October 17, 2013
This film is a mess. Put it on in the background and do something else. I doubt you'll look up much.
½ February 6, 2013
Different, interesting and on the whole mostly enjoyable.
January 22, 2013
Couldn't tolerate the soundtrack or most of the acting. However, it should be noted that this movie clearly gave Maggie Gyllenhaal another great role to put on her resume. Not worth watching for that alone, however.
January 12, 2013
Overlong, uneven dramedy.
January 7, 2013
I liked how this all unfolded and Maggie Gyllenhaal is one of my faves! Lisa Kudrow was awesome in this as well!
December 13, 2012
All of the stories are interesting, but what's the point?
December 7, 2012
Another movie to see!
November 17, 2012
An entertaining movie. Multiple stories with multiple comedy of errors in a way. Different from the usual romcom type multiple stores, bit more substance to it.
½ August 26, 2012
Very interesting movie that shows how our lives are linked to each other. Kind of like 7 Degrees of Separation from Kevin Bacon.
½ August 12, 2012
Realistic, Truthful... Clever... I liked it!.
½ July 15, 2012
Dramatic comedy? Comedic drama? I'd say there's more drama here than comedy although there are definately some funny moments. It's a movie worth watching, and watching closely. The performances are great all the way around. Ties up nicely without making way for unbelievable results/coincedances.
June 21, 2012
Messed up. Maggie Gyllenhaal in a telenovela. Twists, fun.
June 20, 2012
Relationship based drama which has quite a good storyline and ties up some loose ends nicely towards the end.
June 4, 2012
meh. Perfectly watchable, but unimpressive. Too many unintresting storylines featuring one-dimesional characters. The director's earlier work, The Opposite of Sex, is a much more well rounded piece. This is a big step back.
½ May 16, 2012
You can't find too much fault in a movie that actually mines a decent acting performance out of Tom Arnold of all people. Happy Endings centers on the lovely Maggie Gyllenhall as a singer sleeping with both Tom and his gay son (Jason Ritter). Add to the the never dull Lisa Kudrow out to find the son she gave up for adoption, with comedian Steve Coogan brooding over the fact that his lover (David Sutcliffe) provided the sperm that produced a baby for their two best lesbian friends (Laura Dern and Sarah Clarke). Writer-director Don Roos is an expert at blending angst with comedic wit, as he did so remarkably in The Opposite of Sex, but here he's more coasting. Happy Endings is a film that rambles and loses any sense of center. Still, Roos is not one to shy away from provocation. He's got that going for him.