Happy Ever Afters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I thought it was flat.
September 25, 2012
no '4 weddings and a funeral' but still delightful brit ensemble
½ September 15, 2012
Quirky Brit Romcom. Loved it. It was enjoyable funny, an sweet as well as cynical all the best things about British humour including managing to be romantic too. Tom Reilly was good in this as the uptight groom, and made in Dagenham's Sally Hawkins is as usually great.
June 9, 2012
Ok little flick, intresting in parts, and a ok way to spend the evening. Just glad I didn't pay to see at a cinema, as it wouldn't have been worth the admission price.
February 28, 2012
I'm a big Tom Riley fan, but I have to admit I wasn't the biggest fan of this movie. It lacked the spark needed to make you root for it's characters. Riley was wonderful as always but his co-lead, Hawkins was unimpressive. Making this just a ho-hum film.
½ August 25, 2011
Honestly I found it very hard to stay awake during this maybe it's because I didn't get enough sleep or maybe it just wasn't that entertaining. The only thing that managed to keep the movie going was the funny one liners and one or two good performances. The rest of the cast though was pretty bland or maybe it's because the characters just weren't that interesting to me with the exception of one or two. The story was ok but nothing truly great. The script was ok thanks to the funny one liners. I wish I could understand what the hell some of the characters were saying because of their Irish accents. I have nothing against Irish people it's just that sometimes they're accents are so heavy that it's hard to understand what they're saying. Honestly I don't really recommend this movie to anyone. The performances were a bit weak(Like I said with the exception of one or two), the characters aren't really that interesting and i didn't really care about them either, and the story is nothing great 1.5/4 stars.
July 22, 2011
More like a 2.5. Cheesy comedy with a couple sweet moments. ...Sally Hawkins is a great actress, much better than this material. But recalling all the films I've seen her in...this might be the first lead since Happy-Go-Lucky (I have yet to see Made in Dagenham). It's unfortunate and I hope she gets better and bigger roles soon.
July 4, 2011
WTF another chick flick at least i liked wedding crashers but WTF
May 24, 2011
An entertaining, strange story of two not-so-great weddings colliding. It was on demand cable, and I enjoyed this Irish comedy. Not exactly Bridesmaids or anything, but worth a rental or a watch if you need a laugh, or a "wow, at least I'm not that screwed up" kind of movie.
½ February 28, 2011
I gave this movie a go reluctantly and it was mildly entertaining. A story of two weddings held alongside each other and how they eventually come together from enemies into friends.
½ February 11, 2011
I want my time back.
January 18, 2011
Not a lot of laughs although there probably could have been with this story.
January 16, 2011
Two Irish wedding receptions colliding in the same hotel isn't a bad idea for a comedy, but Stephen Burke's feature doesn't even clear the hurdles of basic competence.
½ September 26, 2010
Ikke helt det store. Var ikke så bra som 2,5 men heller ikke så dårlig som 2. Bittelitt humring ble det...
September 13, 2010
A charming little film with some amusing and sweet moments... Sally and Tom were fun to watch together.
September 11, 2010
Cheesy & uninteresting.
April 29, 2010
Two wedding receptions being held in the same venue end up causing chaos for the two brides. Perfectly harmless Irish romantic comedy, but perfectly forgettable too
March 18, 2010
Funny at times, dodgey acting, hilarious british comedy
January 6, 2010
not as good as i may have expected
½ December 26, 2009
Too long, lots of irrelevant threads and none of the group of three could remember the name of the main female character, which is not a good sign. It's a shame as the basic
premise had potential.