Hard Contract Reviews

• Feb 20, 2009

good but very familiar

good but very familiar

• Aug 28, 2008

Very good film, hasn't dated. Wonderful ensemble cast, nice European locations. Lee Remick at her most beautiful.

• Jul 04, 2008

my all time fave coburn movie. iceman meets his match...

my all time fave coburn movie. iceman meets his match...

• Apr 18, 2008

Like a black-hearted "The Sun also Rises", a hit man comes to Spain to assassinate a brace of targets, but instead, this edgy hitman Coburn discovers love. This is so crazily philosophical that you need to stick your finger down your throat, it has the 60s flower philosophy that Love could bring an end to all murder. But, look at it another way, maybe Coburn's no murderer at all and the man ordering him to kill just a figment of his imagination, that id inside us demanding the worst in our psyches. So too, then Sterling Hayden, in a old man speaking slow role (could his crazy "Old Man and the Sea" speak have been written for any other), the recovering sinner, is the voice of another morality. And then this is a movie about a normal man, with a dark suspicious heart, challenged by his budding relationship to find a peace with the world.