Hard Promises - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hard Promises Reviews

July 26, 2012
The trailer builds this up to be something special with a great romantic premise and sountrack to boot. Unfortunately, the chemistry isn't there, nor is the script, the ending's horrendous and the only decent song from the film isn't even on the soundtrack. Poor.
March 14, 2012
I saw this movie a few years ago on TV, and loved it. I often tell people about "That movie with sissy Spacek and the CSI guy..." the name often escapes me. The memory of how much I liked this film stays very much in my mind. Now that I have the name of it, I think I'll buy it!!
½ November 21, 2009
It was sad. It reminded me of my dad. Gil Grissom reminds me of my dad. He was so smart and knew all the answers on Jeopardy. He did the crosswords in the newspaper and tried to say words I couldn't get the meaning of. He died and this movie kinda reminded how much I loved him. He was my daddy and every young girl thinks their daddy is their knight in shining armor. Sadly my dad was no William Petersen or Gil Grissom. He passed away, but I rememmber the good times... how few they were.
July 21, 2009
I thought it was going to be a bit of a cheesy movie since the initial start of the actors was a bit sour but then the actors did step it up and were forming who their characters were as the movie went on. i would have to say the story plot really made some good points on relationships surprisingly. people don't change they get better at what they do. it was interesting how "love" was used as an excuse by the guy who comes back after all those years (12) and thinks that its the magic word to keep his family together even though his wife had divorced him and was getting married to another guy. i like how people throw that word around like its glue and everything is supposed to be the same just because of it. it takes more then "love" to keep a marriage and any "loving" relationship in tact. the guy loves to travel and isn't a settle down kind of guy that the woman and his kid need. he makes a bunch of promises that he cant keep and it isn't fair to the women to try and drag her into a lifestyle that is his own and not a fit for him and his child. i thought at first the lady was going to succumb to his charm but I'm glad she didn't because time doesn't stand still and everyone has different needs and wants and shouldn't expect anyone to conform to their way of life unless it truly will make them happy and they would be okay with it. there is nothing wrong with being a wanderer instead of being a settled down family man cause not everyone is the same. i would have to say to many people rely on other people to be pining away for them while they are out having an adventure the reality is nobody is going to sit and wait for them to come home. time doesn't stand still. anyways i thought the film was pretty decent and i thought it had some good points to be made. give it a watch if its playing on the tele.
May 4, 2009
Looks like it'd be hilarious!
½ June 7, 2008
I think, if your a fan of Billy Petersen, as am I....that you'll love this film. it gets away from billy being a serious layed back scientist. he is hilarious in this film. Great acting!
March 24, 2008
This movie is so funny! I love the scene where Christine gets drunk.
½ February 11, 2008
Not your classic chick flick by any means; the ending will surprise you.
January 29, 2008
Definietely not your ordinary chick flick, this one has you wondering until the end. Bittersweet. Billy Petersen is amazing as a likeable antihero.
½ September 16, 2007
Funny movie. I really only watched it because I love William Petersen, but it was good!
½ September 6, 2007
it was a heartfelt movie
July 6, 2007
Nothing special here. Girl falls for the wrong guy, marries him, has the kid - big surprise she wants a divorce. If you've nothing else to watch then throw this movie on but don't make a special trip for it.
½ May 3, 2007
I love this film. Funny and moving. Good script, maybe a little cheesy at times but that only adds to the film's charm. Great acting from William Petersen and Sissy Spacek. Also a surprise "non-Hollywood" ending which I thought was different and very good.
April 26, 2007
This earnest comedy has the bland consistency of a TV movie designed to complement commercials for soft drinks.
January 30, 2007
Very pleasant afternoon movie. Even in his days before Grissom, William Peterson was one sexy ass. His quirky deadpan line delivery hasn`t changed much since then. I found it mostly funny and silly. It was touching at parts. It`s a movie about love between a husband and wife and their daughter.
January 20, 2007
Another good love story and hello William Petersen!