Hard to Hold - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hard to Hold Reviews

½ December 31, 2015
"Hard To Hold" es para Rick Springfield lo que "The Phantom On The Park" es para Kiss: una película insufrible que logra que uno quiera menos a los rockeros que la protagonizaron. "Hard To Hold" es la historia de James Roberts, un músico fastidioso envuelto en un triángulo amoroso entre dos chicas más fastidiosas que él. Las actuaciones son terribles, los diálogos son una porquería y la historia es inexistente. Si el director Larry Peerce se hubiera enfocado más en la música que en el culo de Rick, de pronto hubiera valido la pena. Para el momento en el que se interpretan los himnos de los 80 "Don't Walk Away" y "Love Somebody" uno ya está tan desinflado que no quiere saber nada de nada. "Hard to Hold" es una mierda casi imposible de soportar.
½ December 27, 2012
The best part is most def. the soundtrack full of Rick Springfield hits. An okay movie...
October 27, 2012
Hot rock star James Roberts attempts to win the heart of a somewhat rigid woman while under the intense pressure of cutting his next hit record. The drummer's Jefferson Starship tour shirt and the closer "Love Somebody" are the high points.
½ September 10, 2012
Even Rick Springfield can't save this clunker.
August 25, 2012
I love Rick. It's a fairy tale come true movie!
½ June 30, 2012
Just saw it on a cable channel this afternoon. Thank goodness for the credits so I could see the best moments that I missed due to snoozing.
June 16, 2012
Springfield first and his last.
June 8, 2012
The 1980s Rick Springfield vanity piece is pretty dull, but I suppose it was nicely photographed. Probably only worth watching for 80s nostalgia or if you are a die hard Rick Springfield fan for some reason.
March 31, 2012
I love Rick Springfield soooooooooooooo much!!!!
January 17, 2011
This romantic comedy stars rock star Rick Springfield, as a rock star! Not only that, it's funny, cute, and charming, I really liked this movie.
November 17, 2010
This movie has rekindled my love for Rick Springfield! He is so cute and funny in this movie. It's really just another predictable, silly, formulaic romantic comedy, but I didn't mind because Rick was so great, and the rest of the cast was good too. I really enjoyed this movie, and if you like Rick, you'll like this movie too. A lot of great Rick Springfield songs in this movie too.
July 28, 2010
February 21, 2010
i loved it because Rick is in it!
October 3, 2009
Rick Springfield is Amazing... Totally in love with him, favorite movie of all times!
April 27, 2009
i love him hes sex7y
March 6, 2009
It's just a guilty pleasure! You need to be a Rick Springfield fan to enjoy it.
The biggest thing I didn't like was Janet Eilber cast as his love interest. There was not chemistry and she seemed more like his mother or older sister.
I know the whole thing was totally cheesyanyway, but it's got a lot of his great tunes, grins & cute naked butt shots! Well worth the movie ticket prices at the theater and Dvd price for me!!!
December 29, 2008
THE MOVIE WAS GREAT. MS FORBIDDNENFLAVOR
November 12, 2008
I LOVED IT BACK IN THE DAY
October 15, 2008
LOVE IT! Rick's awesome! There are a few small things here and there I would change, but, I still love it:-)
September 12, 2008
So-so movie that is very predictable in plot and especially in the ending. An average romantic comedy/ drama where opposites attract. A rock star and a psycharist falls in love randomly. What pulls off this film is the solid acting from Rick Springfield and that the songs ROCKS!!!!!!!