Hard to Kill - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hard to Kill Reviews

September 30, 2013
Remember when Steven Segal was an action star? This movie illustrates that, its why he became famous. This is by far his best work.
August 8, 2013
Come cut my heart out!!
July 4, 2013
Hard To Kill offers nothing new when it comes to its plot, but I think it is a much better action film than the critics and moviegoers give it credit for. There's plenty of action, corny acting and dialogue, some T&A for good measure, and some funny humor thrown in as well. I had fun with it because I enjoy these types of action films. They may not offer any substance, but hey, at least they're a blast to watch.
½ June 16, 2013
WOW, this was a stupid movie, but a very entertaining stupid movie. I was laughing through most of it at how cheesy it could get.

I think the highlight has to be when Segal and LeBrock are trying to drive away from an army of corrupt cops, and as they shoot at the jeep's windshield one cut shows them, then the shooters, then it cuts back to the jeep where it's clear only one person is in the jeep, cut to shooters and the cut back to jeep, where Segal is on the the passenger side all of a sudden???

Movie is loaded with stuff like that. Segal is just an awful actor, but he's so bad you gotta root for him. He's just so badass that seven years in a coma, his facial hair only grows out in a goatee!

It actually sets up for an awesome last half where he sets out to take revenge on the cops that killed his wife, but sadly it just never even gets close to the potential. A few cops get theirs, but most are just knocked silly. I wanted to see some sick violence put on these a-holes!

The score is super cheesy, and saxophone heavy in any 'love' scenes.

I was never bored with this film, but I can't really go as far as to say it was a great movie film making wise. Perfect for a rainy day.
May 5, 2013
It's fun and dons a giddy self awareness that most of seagal's movies so desperately need ; but it's too silly and insipid to provide anything more.
April 17, 2013
Directed by Bruce Malmmuth (Fore Play (1975) and Nighthawks (1981)), this is a by the numbers action film that gave it's star the chance to kick ass again after doing well in his debut Above the Law (1988). It's a product of it's time, when violent action films were being made, but it does have all the hallmarks most films like this had, a revenge motive, an action montage and a slimy baddie. In 1983, after exposing mob corruption at a port in Los Angeles, Police Detective Mason Storm (Steven Seagal) finds out it goes higher, however before he can expose it all, he's shot, his wife Felicia (Bonnie Burroughs) is murdered and his son Sonny (Zachary Rosencrantz) vanishes. Mason ends up in a coma, from which he awakens 7 years later, his doctor Andy Stewart (Kelly LeBrock) wants to help him recover, but no sooner than Mason has awoken, than men arrive at the hospital to kill Mason, he escapes with Andy, and they hide at a remote house. As Mason regains his strength, and tries to remember what happened, they're being hunted down by dangerous men. It's actually a very good action film, it's not perfect by any means, but it does have some good moments of brutal action throughout. Seagal manages to kick ass, and while it is a product of the 1980's spilled over in the 1990's, it still manages to be good fun.
½ April 3, 2013
My first Steven Seagal film and that too a very bad experience. The main problem with this movie is its script and its character development. A bad movie to start his filmography.
½ March 29, 2013
GREAT MOVIE! Lot of breaking of bones though.
March 14, 2013
Dis is one of da best steven seagal movies ever
January 27, 2013
I have a soft spot for Steven Seagal's early films and this second outing from the aikido martial artist is one of his better films. Although this is nothing to do with Seagal's first and previous film 'Nico (Above the Law) it felt very similar and more of the same. I enjoyed them both for what they are though, mindless action films that are not meant to be taken too seriously. The film offers everything you want and expect from a Seagal film, great action and fight sequences but also not much of a plot, poor dialogue and lots of continuity mistakes. This film has to go down as one of my guilty pleasures. Regardless of whether people love or hate it, this is another example as to why Steven Seagal is apart of the golden era of action films.
January 22, 2013
I love the title of this movie. I can see it now:
Mob Boss: "Why hasn't anyone killed this guy that's after me?!"
Thug: "Well, sir... he's just hard to kill!"
January 18, 2013
Just standard classic Seagal. Really fun to watch.
December 29, 2012
Steven SEagal kicks butt in this movie as usall! Lots of action if you like kick butt action!
November 10, 2012
This movie is bad but for a Steven Seagal vehicle this is one of his better films. The plot is simple, Seagal is out to avenge those who murdered his loved ones and he's in a coma(Kill Bill take note.)he awakes from a coma 7 years later and is out for vengence. The acting of Seagal is eye twitching and tilting his head whereas his former wife Kelly LeBrock's acting is stares and poses a match made in bad movie heaven. It's implausable yes, Seagal walks the following day like normal after being in a 7 year coma and LeBrock takes him to a home she is housesitting that has a full gym for Seagal to recover. This movie could have been a whole lot worst
½ October 31, 2012
Apparently his son is also hard to kill.
½ October 31, 2012
For Seagal it should be "Hard to Make A Good Movie". However, it's better than most of his generic action films.
October 29, 2012
Seagal is a madman in this film! Watching his family get murdered, and ending up in a coma for seven years might make a guy pissed off. Bill Sadler plays the crooked politician. I'm a fan of Bill's work.
"You can take that to the bank."
October 14, 2012
My favourite Seagal film it's fun, exciting and stupid everything an 80's action flick should be great late night viewing
September 26, 2012
Classic Steven Seagal film, one of his best.
½ September 26, 2012
"We're gonna win & I'll tell you why: Superior attitude, superior state of mind...we'll get 'em buddy...every fucking one of them." Hard To Kill is my go-to Seagal flick. It's utterly ridiculous and the majority of the dialog is laughably intense. You can't keep a good cop down. After capturing William Sadler's diabolical politician conflabbing with shadowy criminals, Seagal's top detective Mason Storm falls into a bullet-induced coma. Seven years later he awakens and using Kung Fu's special herbs & spices, Seagal recharges his ass kicking batteries, pushes the memory of his dead wife outta his mind, and falls face first into the cavernous lips of nurse Kelly LeBrock. Seagal takes Sadler to the bank...the blood bank, horrendously destroying a plethora of corrupt cops and slap happy goons. VF.