The Hard Word - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hard Word Reviews

½ September 8, 2015
It looks totally out of date, even back then.
June 10, 2015
Good heist flick with some twists and funny moments. Guy Pierce and Joel Edgerton are always interesting to watch.
February 15, 2015
Reasonable film but nothing special and not one I would really want to see again.
October 3, 2013
The low-budget, Aussie version of better films done by the likes of Soderbergh and Ritchie.
½ July 3, 2013
79%

A slice of black pudding. Off and differnt enough to work.
April 13, 2013
Rambling and unbelievable.
½ March 19, 2013
A strange Australian heist movie about three convict brothers who pull one last job, and are double crossed by their lawyer. Has some funny moments, but they detract from the potential seriousness of the story.
May 6, 2012
poor heist film with silly plotting. pearce is good in the lead but the whole plan and characters are very one dimensional
½ May 25, 2011
The Hard word is a corrupt cops and robbers action Movie..
There are some great robberies in this film and good acting
form all of the cast.. Guy Pearce heads up as the brains behind the
3 brothers. Shane played by Joel Edgerton is the muscle.. And Mal played by
Damien Roberston is a nicer fella and a trained butcher.. The situation the brothers
find themselves in is far from ideal. They spend most of their time behind bars being controlled by their lawyer Frank Malone. Dale has a woman that he is allowed to see on occasion who is played by Rachael Griffiths.. Griffiths play an excellent role as a dirty materialistic dane, who plays the game purely for her cause.. Some of the scenes are a lil hard to believe but overall the movie is sound.. It is worth a look.. And is another great Australian film.
½ February 12, 2011
I can't really think of anything good to say about this flick other then the description sounded interesting & that's the only reason I picked it up at the local library.That & I didn't have to pay for it
½ December 30, 2010
Pretty good Aussie heist movie with some sharp dialogue and an excellent performance by well-cast Pearce.
December 5, 2010
"Lock, stock..."-rip-off som inte engagerar.
December 5, 2010
A very average caper movie from Australia.
October 9, 2010
ok actors, bad writing, bad story, bad filming, ok score
? This movie was really bad. Very boring for a heist movie. Dull and annoying. That?s I all I can say about it. Terrible acting and writing. To many Austrailans.
December 26, 2009
6/10: Very impressive crime movie from OZ.
October 9, 2009
The plot lacks direction, with a host of extra character stories that are thrown in but go nowhere, and some god-awful dialogue. Despite all the random extra character revelations, no sense of sympathy or basis for liking any of the characters is established.
½ August 31, 2009
I've watched a few good aussie flicks recently but this aint one of them. The plot is silly and full of holes. I just didnt get it really...
½ July 5, 2009
interesting Aussie crime thriller
June 25, 2009
Moments of greatness, but overall messy. The film didn't seem put together very well. I was convinced for the first half of the movie the leading actress was a man in drag.
½ April 13, 2009
Et hyggelig gjensyn. Mye bedre enn mye av det andre pisset jeg har pløyd meg gjennom i det siste. Hadde desverre ikke ikke tekst denne versjonen og det er slett ikke lett å få med seg alt når dialogen går på "aussie" eller hva faen den møkka dialekten de snakker heter !!!