Harlow Reviews

• Jul 18, 2020

Frustratingly shallow.

Frustratingly shallow.

• Jun 28, 2019

I don't quite understand why this movie based on the life of Jean Harlow, starring Carroll Baker, Martin Balsam, & Angela Lansbury should be in this "Camp Harlow?" I was hooked on this movie simply named "Harlow" in 1965, at the age of 12 because it fascinated me! It still does, sure it's not factual, but it at least comes close to bringing to life the story of a tragic young actress (Jean Harlow). The actual names involved were changed , as well as Harlow's movies or the studio would be sued! I also wonder why the poster of the other Harlow movie that was put out 2 months later (or before?!) is the centerpiece here? Anyway in the final analysis "Harlow with Carroll Baker is rated by top notch critics as "Good Viewing, and entertaining with 2.5 - 3 stars! I love it, hope you will as well.

• Aug 19, 2014

this movie was so bad and it was inaccurate!

this movie was so bad and it was inaccurate!

• Jul 05, 2014

The "Movie Info" for this movie is totally incorrect. This movie is about Jean Harlow, not a girl and a horse.

• Apr 05, 2012

Sorry adaptaion of Harlow's life that has her like she's a nympho who even tried bedding her own stepfather! Look, right is right, but that's just dead wrong!! tell the right story about this woman if you must because this sure isn't.

• Jan 05, 2009

Good cast, good story.

Good cast, good story.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Jun 12, 2008

Poor Jean Harlow! To have her memory degraded in this way is sad. Based on a muckraking sensationalized bio of the late actress that has since been discredited this shallow exercise in fiction takes someone whose life was interesting and unfortunately scandal ridden and makes things up out of whole cloth while ignoring or falsifying the actual events. Marilyn Monroe, a great admirer of Harlow, had wanted to to do a film on her but when offered a similar script to this stated "I hope they don't do that to me when I'm dead" which should clarify the value of this picture. As to the performances everybody except Angela Lansbury as Mama Jean is either bland or terrible. Carroll Baker, who can be a fine actress, is all wrong in the lead. She's certainly a beautiful woman but has neither the allure nor the charisma of the original Jean. Skip this shiny junk and seek out some of Harlow's actual films. Red Dust, Bombshell, Libeled Lady or Dinner at Eight are all fine examples of her peerless work.

• May 27, 2008