Harm's Way - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harm's Way Reviews

August 17, 2013
Good movie, good acting, interesting story. Really good movie, I liked the ending as well it was not expected at all, not something i'd watch again but worth the watch no doubt!
½ April 29, 2012
Not any fun at all just pure awful. No sense to the story at all.
December 20, 2011
Tuesday, December 20, 2011

(2006) Harm's Way
HORROR/ SOCIAL COMMENTARY

At the start of this film showcases a quick subliminal cleaning of a mother cleaning up blood with no end result, the film then jumps to the next scene showing this time a mother with a black eye and her 12 year old daughter seeking refuge for a safe house, assuming that they were running away from an abused relationship without any details of the reason how or why! They later stop to a nearby farm meeting Bea played by Kathleen Quinlin, and the mother and daughter start to settle in, everything goes well except that Bea is a disturbed lady who has some serious issues not quite explained to the viewering public! As the film progresses, viewers succumb to understand, using flashbacks about the suspected abuse the mother was in that motivated her to move away until the very end. Good acting all around, even though it's another typical slasher film, and because it was supposed to have something to say about female abuse, the social commentary somehow gets lost, directing the physical abuse corralation to the fable on 'red riding hood' instead making the overall experience to be odd and strange!

2 out of 4
September 13, 2011
An interesting little flick. I enjoyed it.
½ May 25, 2011
Kind of like a Lifetime Original Psycho movie. Some nice touches, but the mother was a complete idiot. I really liked the final scene. She's probably better off on her own.
April 22, 2011
wasnt to bad of a movie, there were defenatly parts of this movie were things dragged on and on but overall it was preaty good. The twist at the end of this movie was great, and overall the movie was ok.
September 10, 2010
Taut and suspenseful. My wife and I watched this on Lifetime this week. Ms. Quinlan plays a frumpy country woman nicely. I still don't know what happened to the found missing girl near the end. Clever use of flashback film technique for spousal abuse backstory. The daughter's dialogue at the end is good drama, then packs a sucker punch. This movie's overall tone goes from ominous to menacing to plain flat harrowing!
½ August 12, 2009
An interesting thriller-Kathleen Quinlan is very effective as the murderous country woman,offering shelter and "safety" to abused women and children.

What was most amazing about the movie was learning about "fainting goats".Apparently,there is a breed of goat that is a miniature version of a normal goat, but has a startle reaction that causes them to stiffen,tip over and lose consciousness when startled. Yes, I confirmed this on Wikipedia-lol.
December 23, 2008
just a tad creepy but entertaining...crazy lady!!
½ June 8, 2008
This was really interesting. I was totally intrigued by the storyline.
May 14, 2008
I enjoy Canadian flicks. Decent acting and good plot.