Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle Reviews

December 4, 2015
41%
Saw this on 7/3/15
With bad special effects, unlikable lead characters, and mostly offensive all the time, this stoner comedy stays in memory for all the wrong reasons.
October 13, 2015
This movie is the only good thing about White Castle.
½ September 3, 2015
_REWATCH REVIEW_
It's been about 4 years since I've last seen one of the Harold & Kumar movies, and it's good seeing them again! This is the first movie of one of the better comedy franchises out there. It's still very goofy and gross-out, but it's honestly hilarious! While some movies tend to go too far with the slapstick and the sex jokes, this movie has it all well-balanced. The story is about 2 best friends who one night after getting high see a commercial for White Castle, a fast food restourant, on TV decide to go there and eat as much as they can! It's a simple story, but our two main characters get sidetracked oftenly and it makes one simple trip into one seriously hilarious and, above all, ubelieveable trip! The main characters are very likeable and the chemistry between them is great. John Cho and Kal Penn are great when it comes to comedy! I recommend this movie to every fan of comedy and I guarantee an awesome time!
August 22, 2015
Harold & Kumar go to White Castle is just as outrageous as its title, yet it is such a likable film with the two leads having great chemistry.
½ August 16, 2015
A delicious entertainment that's crazy funny!
½ July 29, 2015
Funny and more then half baked,the leads really elevate and one killer cameo from Duggie Howser.
July 22, 2015
I was actually quite amazed at how funny, smart and terrific "Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle" was. I was actually preparing myself for the stupidest movie imaginable. While this movie DOES have it's juvenile moments, it's also filled with some REALLY clever ideas and lines that made this one extremely enjoyable. This movie is about two stoners (with actual bright futures), who after a night of toking, get the munchies and decide that White Castle is the only way to go! Thus, this begins a SERIOUSLY funny road trip with racist cops, raccoons and uh, Neil Patrick Harris met along the way! John Cho and Kal Penn do a great job as the title stoners here, but they are almost eclipsed by the great supporting cast. Look for breakout Canadian actor (and personal fave) Dov Tiefeenbach as a particularly zonked weed dealer). But I think my favorite characters are the EXTREEEEEME dudes who do nothing but do EXTREEEEEME sports, eat EXTREEEEME Doritos and drink Mountain Dew! They also say "Extreme" a lot. These guys gave me the extreme giggles. They were great. A real surprise, this is something I wouldn't mind owning.

Rewatch notes: Nope, wouldn't change a thing here. Great movie.
½ July 16, 2015
A critical entry in Hollywood filmmaking.
½ June 28, 2015
Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle has got to be one of the best, funniest comedies of all time, the story is so simple and keeps you entertained throughout the entire film with action, adult humor, and just more from what you would want from a comedy. Yes, it is stupid and poorly edited, but keeps you laughing throughout the whole film. One of the reasons it is very very funny is the plot, two stoners get the case of munchies and decide to get some White Castle but instead it turns into a peril filled adventure with a whole lot of laughs to keep you entertained and laughing, totally worth a watch for some laughs.
½ May 24, 2015
A hunger seeking adventure with troubles!
May 24, 2015
this movie never gets old
May 22, 2015
Excellent cast, great humor, and an excellent classic stoner comedy.
April 25, 2015
Harold and Kumar is not your usual stoner comedy, its genuinely funny. It is no doubt ridiculous and is for the younger audience but this movie has stayed with me and remains a great watch for its daft nature. A bit of a road trip movie, there exploits are both random and brilliant. Its inventive and works off great stereotyping, whilst totally dumb, you cannot fault it for its entertainment value.
April 16, 2015
After getting high, two friends seek to cure a case of the munchies by taking a trip to White Castle. Really funny, really smart low brow comedy has consistant laughs while making sharp commentary on the absurdities of life. This White Castle is worth a visit.
April 7, 2015
excellent midnight movie
February 13, 2015
I can watch this movie a million times and still not get bored. Pure classic movie and a thrilling adventure with laughs from start to finish!
½ February 9, 2015
Very amusing and made me laugh often. Kal Penn is the perfect foil to Cho's up-tight character and watching the two friends inter-act is hysterical! This provided lots of entertainingly blunderous action!
½ February 3, 2015
The plot is seemingly normal. Two guys take a late night road trip to White Castle. But Harold and Kumar run into many setbacks and hilarity ensues. A fantastic film that birthed our generation's two most famous stoners.
½ January 29, 2015
Wacky hijinks abound in the stoner comedy Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle. John Cho and Kal Penn star as two best friends who get a hankering for some White Castle burgers, but to get them they'll have to overcome racist cops, an escaped cheetah, and Neil Patrick Harris. The comedy it pretty outrageous and delivers some good laughs. But there's also a lot of vulgarity, crudeness, and stoner humor. And, some of the shenanigans are overly stupid and idiotic. Additionally, the characters aren't especially likable; particularly Kumar, who comes off as a selfish jerk most of the time. Still, for what it is Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle is entertaining and bit of fun.