Harriet Reviews

Excellent movie - so moving and history balance- stars did an excellent job

Excellent movie - so moving and history balance- stars did an excellent job

• Mary Shea
    Feb 17, 2020

We loved this movie. Clearly, growing up we were not educated on the life and efforts of Harriet. This movie filled it all in and then some. Truly, a history lesson.

• Kathryn Huff
    Feb 15, 2020

Best movie I have seen in the past year. Story well done & told in a manner I appreciated. Actress who played Harriet should have won an Oscar. The movie in my opinion should have won best picture of the year! Well Done!!

• Gy W
    Feb 13, 2020

Kept my interest throughout. It was a very touching historical story. It moved on in telling the story not over-dwelling beyond sense in any scene. Terrific acting, and outstanding moral.

• Auset Assata
    Feb 11, 2020

Harriet was a very powerful film. As a child I loved Harriet Tubman stories but when the movie debuted I decided against seeing it because I'd heard there was a heavy white savior narrative. Im happy to report that was false. The acting, the storyline, the history packed into this film makes it a must see. After all, she's the only African American figure whos been proposed to be on US currency.

• Durran H
    Feb 11, 2020

This movie was definitely a great and informational movie! Loved it

This movie was definitely a great and informational movie! Loved it

• Gabriel
    Feb 09, 2020

Harriet was a brilliant and wonderfully done retelling of how Harriet Tub man led the Railroad conductors and freed slaves. It was great. I enjoyed it immensely!

• Mary M
    Feb 08, 2020

Excellent. Learned so much I didn't know about underground railroad and what the slaves endured.

• Rico Stone
    Feb 07, 2020

I liked how closely accurate it is to the true story. It wasn't focused strictly on the suffering but more so on triumph through collaborations, and more importantly, spiritual guidance. Incredible job.