Five Favorite Films with Michael Caine

The legendary actor shares his favorites with The Rotten Tomatoes Show.

With a film and television career that spans decades, Michael Caine is one of Hollywood's best and most respected stars. After years of success in both supporting and leading roles, his latest is Harry Brown, a thriller about a man who reaches his breaking point and enforces his own brand of justice after the death of his best friend.

After an epic Total Recall here on RT, Caine stopped by The Rotten Tomatoes Show on Current to share his five favorite film. Check out his picks!

Comments

fresh f.

fresh fresh

5) The Maltese Falcon--100% on RT
4) Charade--91%
3) The Treasure of the Sierra Madre--100%
2) The Third Man--100%
1) Casablanca--97%

May 14 - 09:25 AM

morgan w.

morgan work

Great picks from a great actor

May 14 - 09:33 AM

Taylor Betz

Taylor Betz

I liked how in the RT show last night they kept building this up, every commerical break "Don't change the channel, we've got MICHAEL ****ING CAINE talking about his favorite flicks".

That said, it was worth it. That man rocks.

May 14 - 09:37 AM

Mr. Gitts

Mikael Andraos

Wow! So many great films, best top 5 list I've seen here on RT.

May 14 - 09:39 AM

luhdemtaters

Nick Anno

So...if I listed my five favorites and they were all 100%, would that make my Top 5 the best? One can't fault another for having been influenced the most by the five films Caine chose, but it gets old seeing different orders of the same 20 movies. RT needs to add an element to the "Five Favorites" feature. Perhaps after these actors/filmmakers list their five faves, they should list their five favorite guilty pleasures -- or their five favorite films NOT on AFI's top 100.

May 17 - 09:52 PM

Matthew S.

Mister Furious

Seriously?
How is Jaws 4 not on this list?

May 14 - 09:47 AM

8 ball jacket

Peter Ryan

Oh yeah. Great movie. great paycheck for Mr. Caine.

May 14 - 11:27 AM

aeghast

Ariel ALB

hahaha that's cold ;)

May 17 - 04:52 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

That's Sir Michael Caine to you ass dance!!!

May 14 - 09:47 AM

John A.

John Arminio

My irrational love for Bogart and John Huston makes me adore this list. Sir Michael, indeed.

May 14 - 10:08 AM

movieswithmitch.com

Mitchell Hansch

One of the very best actors ever...EVER...
hello yo', check out my movie review website.

May 14 - 10:25 AM

aeghast

Ariel ALB

spam. sad spam..

May 17 - 04:52 PM

Superzone

Link O'Fett

One of the best actors still acting. Can't wait to see him in Inception.

May 14 - 11:14 AM

Dave J

Dave J

Finally, a list I can identify with from a long time veteran of films!!

May 14 - 11:21 AM

8 ball jacket

Peter Ryan

Oh yeah. Great movie. great paycheck for Mr. Caine.

May 14 - 11:27 AM

Ze Blue Canary

Erick FRIBERG

I like the list, but what I really like is seeing someone that really loves movies explaining what it was that made them his 5 favorite movies and not trying to throw in The Godfather because it's what people want to hear. And yes I know he did throw in Maltese Falcon and Casablanca but he explained why he loves those movies and I believe him.

May 14 - 12:32 PM

girly g.

girly girl

but if he had said the godfather and explained why you would have believed him?

May 14 - 03:37 PM

Ze Blue Canary

Erick FRIBERG

As for John Houston I agree. As much as I love Ian Mckellan as Gandalf, I grew up listening to the voice of John Houston as Gandalf. When I hear Gandalf's voice in my head, It's John Houston.

May 14 - 12:38 PM

tgibfo

Matt Ritchey

Could Michael Caine be any cooler?

May 14 - 12:43 PM

kaike_67

Carlos Balbás Espín

Love the man, love the list. Long live SIR Michal!

May 14 - 12:56 PM

theropingeffect

Justin Mckay

My top five movies starring Michael Caine are:
1.Batman Returns
2.Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
3. The Quiet American
4. Children of Men
5. Cider House Rules

May 14 - 01:09 PM

mpost2

Mark Post

Michael Caine isn't in Batman Returns. Batman Returns starred Michael Keaton, Michelle Pfeiffer and Danny DeVito.

May 14 - 05:18 PM

william m.

william milby

Leave the poor guy alone, you knew what he was talking about.

May 17 - 06:04 AM

Dave J

Dave J

Not the first time someones made this kind of mistake (see Tim Buton's best films on RT) - whether it's Batman Begins or Batman Returns that if more and more batman films keep coming up we'll be liable to make the same mistake as well!!

May 17 - 11:47 AM

iamabadman

ian fisher

seriously "theropingeffect", seriously ?????
Those are your top 5 Caine movies ?!?!?!?
He didn't "star" in 3! of them, and mentioning batman returns as one of his best movies............UNbelievable!!!!!!
He has made All time Classics, Zulu(his debut!) Alfie, the Man who Would be King..........
The list is HUGE, and you go with Batman, and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels ????
You should be banned from this site!!!!!!

May 17 - 12:16 PM

Dave J

Dave J

iamabadman
Had you ever condsidered that maybe that it's possible that he didn't see those "other" Michael Caine's films!! Also the only one he mistaked on was "Batman Returns" when he meant "Batman Begins"!!

Michael Caines's been in all the other ones that he mentioned- even won "Best Actor for a supporting role" award for "Cider House Rules" check "imbd .com"

May 17 - 12:59 PM

Dave J

Dave J

iamabadman

May 17 - 01:04 PM

The Stunner

Tiago Paulo

everything i stand against on this website.

May 17 - 05:14 PM

The Stunner

Tiago Paulo

iambadman, i mean.

May 17 - 05:14 PM

Bjornar

A B

Yikes, while Zulu is a good film why do you have to harsh on his choices so much? (or should that be ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!) Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is an excellent comedy! [read: !!!!!!!!!!!!!) It's not like he said Nigil Powers "There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch." Not that there'd be anything wrong if he liked that role either.

I will just add a !!!!!!!!!!! , and a !?!?!?!?!??!?!?! for the road.

May 20 - 06:25 AM

Mr. Dufresne

Chip McNair

I love Casablanca. Rally great movie, great romance and piece of WWW II propaganda. I enjoyed The MAltese Falcon and Treasure of the Sierra MAdre when I firs saw them. Great, unique choices by Michael Caine. I had a feeling I would like some of his favorite movies.

May 14 - 03:07 PM

The Stunner

Tiago Paulo

unique choices?

i have a list of favourites too!

May 15 - 06:14 AM

Mr. Dufresne

Chip McNair

I'd say so, yes. Obviously, Casablanca might not be so unique of a choice, but it is more unique than picking soemthing like Citizen Kane or The Godfather as a favorite. And most of them are Bogart films as well, which is different from most of these lists.

May 15 - 07:52 AM

The Stunner

Tiago Paulo

yes, more unique than those choices

May 15 - 01:36 PM

Quadzilla99

Aaron Yovanovits

Congratulations you're one of those idiots who's thinks being different is an accomplishment. Whoopty s h * t.

May 17 - 05:55 AM

The Stunner

Tiago Paulo

in a certain way, yes. i wouldn't know why anyone would enjoy being just like everyone else. and if not being average means being idiotic, then i'm one of the biggest idiots in the world thank you very much you're welcome. unless you think there's anything exceptional in being part of a herd.

May 17 - 05:11 PM

Bjornar

A B

If you're not careful that logic can have you ready to lose your virginity to Kevin Spacey.

May 20 - 06:27 AM

Scott Love

Luke Simpson

I think Michael Caine is one of the few guys who's able to translate what was great about those old movies into acting that still works in today's climate.

May 14 - 03:23 PM

girly g.

girly girl

but if he had said the godfather and explained why you would have believed him?

May 14 - 03:37 PM

girly g.

girly girl

michael caine is one of my favorite actors ever!
i'm not a big fan of his movie choices, but i dont care
i'm just not a fan of humphrey bogart

May 14 - 03:48 PM

Box Office Wrapup
Box Office Wrapup

Captain America Triumphs Again

WonderCon
WonderCon

175 cosplay pictures

Highlights
Highlights

Picture gallery of stoners in film

Good Friday