Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Reviews

½ October 26, 2016
The second Harry Potter film is spell-binding, but the narrative always seems to be meandering about aimlessly like a new student who's lost in the hallways of Hogwarts.
October 11, 2016
A wonderful sequel to a fantastic movie franchise.
October 1, 2016
It's an improvement over the last one as was the book. It just takes you with the story and you find yourself in the story. if you like Harry Potter you like this movie. It's a sequel what lived.
½ September 23, 2016
Pretty much on par with the first film in terms of quality, but you can definitely tell the increased confidence in the storytelling and acting moving forward and going on eventually to set up the following editions.
September 18, 2016
CHAMBER OF SECRETS may borrow it's plot outline from SORCERER'S STONE, but it has enough established and consistent continuity to allow its emotional and suspenseful turns to shine brighter than the first HARRY POTTER entry.
September 12, 2016
I really like the beginning of this movie but then I started to get a little disappointed. I remembered it being more exciting than this. But I felt that some things went a bit too fast and that the movie was a bit too hasty towards the end.
September 3, 2016
Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets is more expanding, darker, great performance by all the cast yet again. This sequal proves to be a tad better then its predeccessor, yet again with great visuals, story, and intensity .
September 2, 2016
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets gets a healthy bump of seriousness and eerie undertones from its predecessor. The added mystery and more gruesome plot create a more exciting but less fun experience.
August 30, 2016
8/28/2016: While it is my least favorite of the series, it was still a good movie. Dobie was a very obnoxious character and my least favorite of the film.
August 26, 2016
Dobby the House Elf is Awesome!

Originally Written November 15, 2002--
The follow-up to 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' finds young wizard Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) and his friends, Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione (Emma Watson), facing new challenges during their second year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as they try to discover a dark force that is terrorizing the school.

I liked this follow-up to the 'Sorcerer's Stone,' but not as much as I thought I would. The film was fine---lifted right out of the book in fact. But I think that was its biggest problem. The film didn't take any risks. It was so cookie cutter to the book that it felt off somehow. But the introduction of Dobby the House Elf saved the movie for me. He is awesome! Four stars.
½ August 26, 2016
Another remarkable film that brings the spirit of the novel to the screen. Chris Columbus did an excellent job of depicting this magical world. (First viewing - November 2002 in theaters)
August 21, 2016
Following Harry Potter and his friends in their second year at Hogwarts this film is darker than the first but is much more action packed and thrilling. A brilliant progression of the books adaptations to screen which should be seen by many. This year also introduces many new and rather legendary characters that just add to the magic of the wizarding world created by J.K. Rowling. Another must see and must love.
August 21, 2016
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is my favorite Harry Potter movie ever!
½ August 20, 2016
A great deal of expertise has been lavished on what really amounts to little more than a series of unconnected climaxes. There's no arc, just the growing feeling that J.K. Rowling is adding bits as she goes along and stops when she's got a book's worth. That said, you couldn't ask for a better cast, a richer production design or finer music.
August 19, 2016
I enjoyed it more than the first as it's more darker and the story was much better and more gripping, But it still has too many silly bits that can ruin the mood of the film at times plus there's a few scary scenes again that may frighten young children, But most children will be amazed by what they are seeing on screen.
August 15, 2016
A solid follow up to the first film, my thoughts while watching is Hogwarts is a very dangerous school. A bazillion ways to die. You'd think they relocate the school, to somewhere safer, like Alcatraz.
August 11, 2016
Darker than its predecessor, yet still succeeding in capturing the magic of the source material, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets pushes along the Potter franchise, with a gripping, if over-long sequel. Radcliffe, Grint and Watson become better actors as each act goes by and their supporting cast returns, once again showing the best of British acting talent. Though the film is dragged out and lengthy and in great need of cutting and refinery, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is another entertaining fantasy adventure from Warner Bros.
August 9, 2016
160809: Tough call this one. My highlight was the car chase scene. Liked Dobby as well. At 2 hours and forty-one minutes, The Chamber of Secrets was a bit long for me. An ok follow-up but did not feel the same passion as for The Philosopher's Stone.
½ August 5, 2016
Come for the snake, stay for the squeaky house elf.

Chanber of Secrets is the second installment of the Harry Potter franchise. When I first saw it several years ago, it was my favorite. Second viewing, it just doesnt hold up any more.Stil, fun, but not the best
½ August 3, 2016
The British boy meets the Riddler, and has to defeat his pet snake and his diary.