Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 Reviews

October 14, 2017
Very epic and a great narrative that steals bits from the bible. Rowling knows how to concoct a complex story that unwraps beautifully. Some things strike me as over the top, children story though. For one, why Voldemort would be so much an personal enemy of Potter and totally evil at the same time? That seems so mad and megalomaniac that few wizards would support him. Then, the fighting is so extensive and murderous, it seems too much, bordering on WWII. It seems that the forces at play are difficult to equalize. With so much power on each side, the outcome cannot possibly even out because it's practically impossible to stop either side from causing major casualties.
Rowling nevertheless is thinking very intelligently. Her stories are always satisfying an complex.
I found the epilogue very charming. Excessively charming, with all our heroes having a mini-me or two sent to the school of wizards. And the significance of the frog? Is it another reference to french, which are all over the place throughout? A french from Québec this time?
October 10, 2017
Beautiful, magical, epic ending to an epic franchise, Deathly Hallows Part 2 is a great movie and is better than all The Lord of the Rings films.
½ September 21, 2017
The perfect blend of the maturing of an actor and maturing of a character.
September 18, 2017
Deathly Hallows Part II is thrilling, powerfully acted, and visually dazzling
September 8, 2017
Great ending to a beloved franchise over the decade
August 29, 2017
A satisfying and emotional conclusion for the boy that grew up in a little room under the stairs.

In the epic finale, the battle between the good and evil forces of the wizarding world escalates into an all-out war. The stakes have never been higher and no one is safe. But it is Harry Potter who may be called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice as he draws closer to the climactic showdown with Lord Voldemort. It all ends here.

Everything comes to a close here. A decades worth of Harry Potter films and eight actual movies later, we get a close to our beloved franchise. In all honesty, I loved this film. I think there's so much to love about it, as it's really a sight to behold. This is how you effectively tie up years worth of stories, characters, and memories.

One thing that this film has going for it is its soundtrack. Its score is flat out amazing and it adds so much to the film itself. After the film I went to Apple Music and downloaded my favorite songs from it. Yes, I put them on in my car and I felt epic while doing so. I guess what my point is, the music was well composed, it fit perfectly with the tone of the film, and it was memorable.

You see all the characters you've come to know and love fight in this final chapter. Because it's the final chapter, everyone's up for fair game (in terms of major events happening to them). It makes everything just that much more tense and it makes it more emotional. It's honestly hard to watch all these beloved characters fight out a situation so dark and brutal. It makes this film really emotional, as it toyed with my heart and did it well.

The visual effects and CGI were also phenomenal. This, along with its counterpart (Part 1) were both shot with gorgeous cinematography. If anything, this film looked as good, if not better than Part 1. The visual effects looked amazing, and it honestly looked better than some films today. There were some beautiful and mesmerizing shots, some that will become iconic in my eyes.

In the end, this film had heart, emotion, darkness, a bit of comic relief, and an all out war. It's the war you've been waiting for, as I certainly have been waiting. It's a perfect conclusion and better yet, a fantastic series of films.
August 29, 2017
I absolutely adore all 8 movies of the Harry Potter franchise, but this one is utterly incredible. Although parts were missed from the books which is understandable seeing it's a movie adaption, it goes into great detail of the whole plot, showing the audience what's happening at all times, (although before watching this, I would definitely watch the other seven movies before hand, or the movie would be confusing.) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 brings the whole Harry Potter franchise to a satisfying, amazing conclusion.
August 26, 2017
The battle for Hogwarts is truly epic, and all of the stuff with Gringots at the start was fun. But I was asleep for the rest of it.
August 24, 2017
Outstanding franchise!
½ August 20, 2017
Everyone Comes Out Of The Woodwork To Either Save Or Destroy Harry. I Was Left Wondering How This Orphan Became Such A Fuss In The First Place, So Much Heroics & Vengeful Villians All At Once, It's A Lot To Take In ...But Thankful The Whole Series Is Over & Done With. Applause To That! Oh, & Ron Finally Gets The Girl...Sheez...Bravo Son.
August 17, 2017
The rating is the for the collective Deathly Hallows Parts 1 & 2 combined as one viewing experience.
August 13, 2017
I love it. It is a wonderful goodbye to Harry Potter film series. It's charm is the best.
August 13, 2017
Simply Outstanding! See what i did there.. lol
½ August 12, 2017
One of the best if not the best Harry Potter film.
½ August 10, 2017
And "All was well"- A series finale of Harry Potter

Much like a first-time reader of the Harry Potter series, this last movie dives straight into the action, with no apologies. David Yates, the director of the last few Harry Potter movies, waits for no one as he pulls out the big guns in order to give us this action-packed and heart-wrenching masterpiece that we have all been waiting for.
To say that he wasted no expense would be an understatement; spending a whopping 250 million dollars, Yates was able, yet again, to create not a movie, but an experience. 3D graphics and the infamous orchestra is but a small bit of the magic that allows viewers to walk right alongside Harry Potter, during his latest and greatest adventure.
What this movie carries most with it is none other than nostalgia. From the smallest of details like our favorite living pictures on the wall or even the sorting hat from the beginning of Harry's reign, all the way to the more noticeable golden nuggets like the Quidditch fields and forbidden forest, viewers will struggle to take their eyes off the screen as if to miss any one of these flashes of the past.
Continuing on their final mission to defeat the Dark Lord, Harry, Ron, and Hermione travel to Hogwarts in order to find the last of the remaining Horcruxes. There, they reunite with old friends and loved ones. Secrets and blood are spilt, as the story wraps up, creating the finale of a lifetime.
But if you are looking for another butter beer-soaked love triangle, you will not find one here. Much like the characters, the film has grown up. No longer will we see lighthearted house rivalries, rather, viewers will experience the thickening darkness that he "who must not be named" brings. Scenes with blood-soaked floors and death in every corner are what make this movie one of a kind. However, Yates does not leave us in the cold for good; a tasteful bit of humor is injected throughout the movie as to keep the viewer not only entertained but also emotionally stable.
Along with accustomed places, there are also familiar faces to look forward to in this series finale, as well as, a deeper insight into who each of them really is. Snape is FINALLY given the credit he deserves as Harry learns the truth about? his courageous (and selfless) past. Neville is also given the opportunity the be the hero Voldemort decided he couldn't be; the scene with his execution of Nagini paints him as strong and brave, much like the Gryffindor ancestors he exemplifies.
As far as the relationship between the book and the movie, Yates does a pretty fantastic job sticking to the roots of what made this story the billion-dollar franchise it is. However, there is one difference that sticks out like a sore thumb. Voldemort's death. Unlike the book, this movie portrays this super villain's death of one of absurd, exploding skin confetti. Not only does this make no sense, it also does a complete injustice to all the hard work J.K Rowling put into demystifying the Dark Lord in all her books.
All in all, this is one to remember. Deathly Hallows part two is much more than tying up of loose ends, it is the reality of most of our childhood fantasies. A beginning scene of the rollercoaster ride in a cart at Gringotts is an accurate example of what viewers will experience in this last tale of Harry Potter, a surplus of action and a reshaping of identity.
August 9, 2017
Harry Potter for the Win

The ending to one of the most iconic film franchises the world has ever seen did not disappoint. David Yates has a masterful performance with the flow of the movie, and Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson have truly grown into fabulous actors over the last 10 years. You will leave the theater asking for more, but everything good must have an end.
Chances are, if you are reading this review, you are on the fence whether or not you should invest time getting into the Harry Potter series. Having seen all of the movies, I would recommend you do, because the movies and story are very entertaining and will leave you wanting more. If you do not want to read the books or do not have time to watch all of the movies, I would advise you to start by watching the fourth movie to get a good grip on the story line.
In the Harry Potter series, we journey with Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe), Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint), and Hermione Granger (Emma Watson), as they discover what magic really is and learn their first spells in order to defeat fierce creatures such as dragons, werewolves, and Basilisks (huge snakes). We are with them every step of the way, including the conclusion of their story, when they look to end their fight against Harry's arch-nemesis, Lord Voldemort.
Harry, accompanied by his two best friends, journeys throughout the land, completing the almost impossible task of finding all the pieces of Lord Voldemort's soul in order to destroy him once and for all. Having spent his entire life suffering through the fact that he lost his parents and did not learn who he really was until age 11, you effortlessly step in Harry's shoes as he journeys through Hogwarts and beyond.
Harry sees many people he loves die for the cause of defeating Voldemort and his followers once and for all, and even sees a man who he has grown to hate, his former Potions teacher, Professor Snape, a man believed to be working for Voldemort, be murdered by his master in order to obtain more power.
Having the ability to see certain memories Professor Snape had, even after death, Harry has revealed to him two shocking truths: Professor Snape, a man so hated by those on the other side, has secretly been helping Harry throughout his 7 years of school and travels, and that in order for Harry defeat Voldemort, he must die, because part of Voldemort is inside of Harry.
As a member of the audience, you immediately feel for Harry, he having worked tirelessly at the risk of his own life and the lives of those he loves, only to find out near the end that he needed to die.
Harry knows and is willing to sacrifice himself and finally understands the use of an artifact he obtained earlier, a stone he could use to see those closest to him who have moved on to the other side of the veil, such as his parents, whom he has never met before in his life.
Everything is brought to one final duel between Voldemort and Harry, a fight with so much on the line that it rivals other notable fights, such as Darth Vader vs. Luke Skywalker or Rocky Balboa vs. Apollo Creed.
In the end though, good triumphs evil, the brave beat the cowardly, the boy who lived beats the seemingly immortal man, and the threat of a dictator over the magical world in Europe is dismissed by the love and courage of a 18 year old boy.
David Yates did a masterful job organizing the scenes, having it all tie in together, and makes you leave the theater with no regrets, no thoughts of "I wish they had done this", nor questions unanswered. It was a truly masterful performance over all.

Rating: 3.7/4
August 9, 2017
This was Probably the Most Anticipated Movie of the Year (2011) from Critics and Audience alike. The finale to the Most Successful Film Franchise of all Time. I absolutely Loved this film, it's Intense, Thrilling, Powerfully Emotional and an Epic Conclusion to the Potter Saga. it's my favourite Harry Potter and one of my Favourite Movies of all Time. From the Quite opening to its Satisfying ending i was absolutely Enthralled in this Movie not just because it was action packed and super entertaining but because it had high stakes, great character moments and Excellent performances Particular from Snape (R.I.P Alan Rickman) Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe)
Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes) and Hermione Granger (Emma Watson) the other characters also got a chance to shine. The dialogue was on point and the script was wonderfully written with a few surprises added in there. Overall in my opinion this is a Perfect Ending so it deserves a perfect score A+.
½ August 6, 2017
AMAZING!...though they changed the Battle at Hogwarts to much from the book. That should not have been tampered with.
August 4, 2017
An Action-packed, truly incredible ending to the Harry Potter movie franchise that no one will forget. The best is for last.
July 24, 2017
Emotional and powerful, this is a proper way to end this amazing franchise!