Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 Reviews

½ May 19, 2017
SUCH a good sum up of the entire thing, can't wait to see what J.K does next!
½ May 15, 2017
When I walked out of the theater on July 15, 2011 after seeing the finale of the Harry Potter movie franchise, I didn't realize then just how much the film had made an impact on me. Perhaps it didn't affect me that much all at back then. However, nearly 5 and 1/2 years later, I realize that's it so much more than an action film. Rewatching the film time and time again, I never fail to get a bit emotional when the opening title shows up in its customary 3D-like appearance. The somber music also helps get the nostalgia train going. However, once the customary Warner Bros logo and title card opening is over, the film picks up immediately where DH Part 1 left off. Harry, Ron and Hermione have just escaped from Malfoy Manor and are hiding out at Bill Weasley's (Ron's brother, for non-Potter fans) shell cottage. The trio then travels to the great wizarding bank Gringotts, where an impressive action sequence occurs involving a dragon and a magic door. This kicks off the second leg of their quest to find mysterious Horcruxes, objects crucial to defeating You-Know-Who. The battle between good and evil at Hogwarst is visually stunning and emotionally powerful, with beloved characters either perishing or having their own hero moments. I'll stay
tight-lipped about the ending of the film for those who haven't seen it, but I will say that it's the perfect sendoff to the magical franchise that has captured the hearts of millions over the last decade
and a half.
May 13, 2017
I AINT WATCH THE MOVIE BUT EMMA WATSON IS SO BAD. 5 STARZ
May 1, 2017
love all the harry poter francise
April 14, 2017
Good but not great, it's a little too rushed in places and often the big battles lack emotional resonance. However when it hits it hits big. A fitting end to a damn fine series.
April 12, 2017
10 out of 10 Perfect conclusion to one of the greatest movie franchises of all time!
April 10, 2017
a captivating end to a magnificent franchise. J.K. Rowling has created movie magic once again.
½ April 4, 2017
Arguably the best of the series, Deathly Hallows Part 2 is a fantastic conclusion to the series, when it could have turned out to be disappointing. It's what every Harry Potter fan was waiting for and it delivered. Large scale battles, an emotional roller coaster, and a fitting end to the Potter vs Voldemort saga.
½ April 2, 2017
Deathly Hallows Part 2, is fun, thrilling, emotional, and dark the whole through! SNAPE, WHY?! It mostly does justice to the book, besides that one scene at the end, you know what I'm talking about... And is the strongest entry in the series!
April 2, 2017
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 is a fine finish to a franchise that most, including myself, wish would never end.
March 28, 2017
Easily one of the movies of all time, and a better ending for this series couldn't have made any better. And this is coming from the owner of the movie in the 4k version, which is just the best way to experience it. Absolutely love it. The best movie to show off your home theater, or if you just feel like watching a terrific action-packed masterpiece.
March 23, 2017
The best chapter yet,also I'm pretty sad that they are not making a new franchise anytime soon
March 20, 2017
Very much a different animal to Part1. The performances of the lead three have definately improved with each film. The effects are brilliant & the explosive fight/battle scenes are even more exciting, engrossing and chaos-laden than any of the 'Transformers' films.
March 19, 2017
Wish they had kept the finale battle the same as it was in the book. It was my favorite part of the whole series.
March 14, 2017
A conclusão épica pra saga que eu cresci acompanhando. Nos livros e cinema. Simplesmente fodástica.
March 11, 2017
I mean just why? Why did they let Yates continue after the 6th film??? He absolutely destroyed the final battle between Harry and Voldemort... I understand sometimes they want to make it more exciting for movies but in this case it was extremely anticlimactic compared to the book...
March 11, 2017
The tale of Harry Potter and his fight against evil ends in explosive, but somewhat confused, fashion. You can tell how much of a toll everything has taken on all the characters, and from the start to the finish it always feels like everything is on the line. Something I've loved about the later Potter flicks is how much always appears to be at stake. They never seem flippant or inconsequential, and there's always an emotional reward at the end. Deathly Hallows Part 2 continues, and concludes, this trend, but things are a bit scattershot this time round. The battle is great, but not entirely focused. Voldemort is, in my opinion, a pretty rubbish villain, spending a lot of his time standing around and pulling faces and saying faux-menacing things while his hench-people do all his dirty work. The battle with Harry isn't anywhere near as epic as I was expecting, and while it felt good when it was over, I'm sure it could have felt much more profound. But with the stunning, haunting visuals, the complete maturation of the characters and the rounding up of one of the best film series in history, it's a film to get excited about, indulge yourself in and feel genuine sadness about the fact that its all over.
March 11, 2017
THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ March 5, 2017
Story: 8/10
Editing: 8.8/10
Directing: 9.2/10
Screenwriting: 8.9/10
This movie is the awesomest HP movie yet!!!! (also the last...)
½ March 1, 2017