Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 Reviews

½ January 17, 2017
When I walked out of the theater on July 15, 2011 after seeing the finale of the Harry Potter franchise, I didn't realize then just how much the film had made an impact on me. Perhaps it didn't affect me that much all at back then. However, nearly 5 and 1/2 years later, I realize that's it so much more than an action film. Rewatching the film time and time again, I never fail to get a bit emotional when the opening title shows up in its customary 3D-like appearance. The somber music also helps get the nostalgia train going. However, once the customary Warner Bros logo and title card opening is over, the film picks up immediately where DH Part 1 left off. Harry, Ron and Hermione have just escaped from Malfoy Manor and are hiding out at Bill Weasley's (Ron's brother, for non-Potter fans) shell cottage. The trio then travels to the great wizarding bank Gringotts, where an impressive action sequence occurs involving a dragon and a magic door. This kicks off the second leg of their quest to find mysterious Horcruxes, objects crucial to defeating You-Know-Who. The battle between good and evil at Hogwarst is visually stunning and emotionally powerful, with beloved characters either perishing or having their own hero moments. I'll stay
tight-lipped about the ending of the film for those who haven't seen it, but I will say that it's the perfect sendoff to the magical franchise that has captured the hearts of millions over the last decade
and a half.
½ January 17, 2017
The Harry Potter Franchise saves some of its best magic for last. A dazzling display of spectacle, thrill, reunion and raw emotional power: What a way to send out of one the most consistent film franchises of all time.
½ January 15, 2017
Good film and as a complete film with part 1 much better. However poor continuity and missing story made this part frustrating to watch. Over 30mins was cut from this movie and it defiantly shows. Also characters death scenes were poorly executed.

Updates 2017 after reviewing this film I can say I was wrong back in 2011. This movie is great and all these years on is such a strong movie. Great close to the series
January 11, 2017
I hope this movie sticks to the book, like the first two movies.
½ January 6, 2017
The series ends, at last. Good riddance. (Until JK Rowling needs money, I guess).

The first Harry Potter was interesting, and good fun. Much of this was due to the novelty of it all. The first Harry Potter introduced us to the characters and concepts of the series.

The second used that template and provides another plot. The plot was fairly mundane and overwrought. At nearly three hours it was ridiculously long for a linear plot-driven kid's adventure story.

This is all said, there was a momentum that kept it going. There were some new concepts and characters. All this was enough to make it marginally likable.

By the third, however, it was a tired formula. From then on it was all about gouging more money from kids and nerds.

Rating for this last one should be lower, but it gets a bonus point for finally ending this seemingly-never-ending, sequels-for-the-sake-of-more-money series.
½ January 3, 2017
170103: Fantastic story. Powerful, as is this episode. This is not a series you can watch individually or out of order. I recommend going back, if you have not done so, and begin with The Philosopher's Stone (2001). It took more than ten years to get to The Deathly Hallows Part 2 and that does not include the investment in the original literature. Do yourself a favor and start at square one, at least film wise. After finally seeing myself the same path, all that I can say is wow. It is well worth the trip.
January 1, 2017
This movie is so emotional and will definitely bring you to tears.
½ January 1, 2017
Rated one of the best of the eight Harry Potter films. Slightly disappointed with the much anticipated Harry v Voldemort final battle which ended quickly without too much fuss or flash. A good end to a magical series of films. I couldn't make the comparison to the books as I haven't read them all but enjoyed it
½ December 31, 2016
Possibly one of the best films in the series and easily makes up for some of the lager lacklustre films.
½ December 30, 2016
This movie has a powerful magic mitology and thrilling plot, that makes this popular franchise more than a novel.
December 28, 2016
A great movie until you get to the last scene. It is a little weak.
½ December 22, 2016
"If you have to ask you will never know, if you know you need only ask"

"Never pity the dead Harry Potter, pity the living, especially those who live without love"

"It sets my teeth on edge"

GOOD BUY HARRY ! Or SEE YOU SOON ?
December 20, 2016
The tale of Harry Potter and his fight against evil ends in explosive, but somewhat confused, fashion. You can tell how much of a toll everything has taken on all the characters, and from the start to the finish it always feels like everything is on the line. Something I've loved about the later Potter flicks is how much always appears to be at stake. They never seem flippant or inconsequential, and there's always an emotional reward at the end. Deathly Hallows Part 2 continues, and concludes, this trend, but things are a bit scattershot this time round. The battle is great, but not entirely focused. Voldemort is, in my opinion, a pretty rubbish villain, spending a lot of his time standing around and pulling faces and saying faux-menacing things while his hench-people do all his dirty work. The battle with Harry isn't anywhere near as epic as I was expecting, and while it felt good when it was over, I'm sure it could have felt much more profound. But with the stunning, haunting visuals, the complete maturation of the characters and the rounding up of one of the best film series in history, it's a film to get excited about, indulge yourself in and feel genuine sadness that its all over.
December 10, 2016
one of the best movie endings on the history is without any dude the best movie of the saga the fans gonna cry too much believe me!
December 10, 2016
A grand way to end one of the greatest movie series ever made.
December 7, 2016
After seven films and ten years since we walked through Diagonal Alley and Platform 9 3/4 the conclusion of Potter's story is here. After all the events we have witnessed, is this a worthy conclusion for such a beast of a franchise?

With 3 Horcruxes taken care of and Voldemort gaining the Elder Wand, Potter and company are ready to finally confront the Dark Lord and his army of Death Eaters. Retreating to Hogwarts to find more information about the rest of the Horcruxes, Harry's friend rally around him in order to finally take down He Who Must Not Be Mentioned.

After taking care of the exposition in "Deathly Hollows Part 1", what lies ahead is the Battle of Hogwarts and the final confrontation between The Boy Who Lived and The Dark Lord, and I have to say this final chapter is a mixed bag for me. With the focus being on the final battle between good and evil, the film does not disappoint in the action department, as it uses the franchise's strengths wisely and continues to bring new magical ideas; and it has the best dramatic sequence in the entire saga (Alan Rickman proved that he was a fantastic actor that could do so much with a stoic character) as it is satisfying and touching. But my main problem realize on the whole concept of the film: It is so focused on the battle scenes that the Horcruxes get lost in the narrative. Since "Half Blood Prince" they have been saying that the Horcruxes could be anywhere and they would be heavy protected but in reality they are not.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2" is a bombastic conclusion to the series but it is also an underwhelming one. It is action packed, dramatic, solidly executed and extremely enjoyable.
December 6, 2016
The best movie in the series. It all ends here and it's awesome!
December 4, 2016
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is an amazing conclusion that is not only the most action-packed entry in the entire film series but also the most visually beautiful one to date with performances from its stars as stunning as ever with Ralph Fiennes finally getting his time to shine in the spotlight in the role of Lord Voldemort seeing that he didn't have lots of screen time in Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix and Part 1 of the Deathly Hallows and an amazing conclusion including an ending that will have you nearly wanting to dwell up with tears seeing that now it's all over.
November 30, 2016
I've watched the Harry Potter movies change and mature as time as gone on. This is the absolute pinnacle of entertainment - a true-to-the-book, thoroughtly enjoyable experience to any viewer. It was the conclusion any director would only dream of making. Solid script, solid acting, excellent all-round. No complains needed.
Verdict: A+