Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 Reviews

April 14, 2018
i rlly like dis movie it is so good
½ April 2, 2018
Coming straight off the path paved by the incredible Deathly Hallows Part I, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II brings the franchise to a satisfying close. Even as a Potter fan who has never been satisfied by the movie adaptations, I could tell from the way Deathly Hallows Part I was handled that Part II was going to be hands down the best movie of the lot. After all, it was still just one single movie split in two.

Well, not only was it the best of the lot, it was also one of the best movies of the year. Period. This movie reminded us of everything we loved about Harry Potter, whilst securing its place as the highest grossing movie franchise (well, at least until Avatar 2 and 3 get made and released).

I admit that I was a wee bit skeptical when I'd found out the final book's adaptation was to be split into two separate movies. It sounded like a money making ploy to me; like Warner Bros. was trying to milk their Harry Potter license dry before moving on. Now I see how silly I was being. If only other movies in the franchise had gotten a similar treatment (With the exception of Order of the Phoenix. That book was just plain bloated to begin with).

I think the most remarkable achievement the Harry Potter movies have made is allowing us witness the cast members grow, not just as actors, but as individuals as well. I remember going "Holy Sh*t" when I saw young Daniel Radcliffe in the flashback sequence. And then in the final epilogue sequence, where they were made to look 17 years older (or closer to their actual ages, depending on how you look at it). Those were the moments that made us aware of the 10 years it took to make these movies.

This final movie is a well-realized adaptation that remains faithful to the book while taking some liberties. I like the fact that the spectacular duels weren't dampened by the good guys muttering disarming spells, when the bad guys were obviously using unforgivable curses, one of my little nitpicks with the final book.

All in all, the filmmakers and cast members gave the final effort their all, and the result is a movie as Oscar-worthy as anything else out now.
March 31, 2018
The battle for Hogwarts is truly epic, and all of the stuff with Gringots at the start was fun. But I was asleep for the rest of it.
March 25, 2018
Overall, the film is a great ending to a brilliant franchise. I enjoyed this film so much. I would rate the film a 7.75/10
March 18, 2018
Super great final of the series and very exting.
February 26, 2018
A real winner. The 8th film ends with every feeling available leaving complete respect for the audience for viewing it.
February 22, 2018
It's so sad that this was the last movie. I feel like J.K. Rowling easily could have written two more books after the Half Blood Prince (besides the Deathly Hollows) and the movies would have been just as good if not better than ever before. There was so much chemistry between the actors off the set and I can tell everyone loved Ralph Fiennes as Lord Voldemort. This saga can't ever simply be remade. It's kind of like Lord of the Rings in a sense. You can't remake something like this that's already so great. I only wish the final fight between Harry and Voldemort took place in the Great Hall like in the book. That was my only problem with the ending of this film. For those out there, who love great stories with in-depth character development, I highly recommend reading the Harry Potter books and watching each of the movies. They're all so entertaining and the soundtrack is memorable.
½ February 16, 2018
Brilliant movie! Cinematography and effects looked great! Amazing plot and storyline, music was spot on. Only problem was- the beginning was a bit slow. But then again, by far the best film!
February 15, 2018
(95/100)
Definitely a more emotional movie with Snape and Harry being a horcrux himself. I think it's the best one out of the franchise.
February 14, 2018
Much better than its predecessor, this is a thrilling and fitting climax to the Harry Potter series. My favourite film of 2011. The highest grossing film of 2011.
February 10, 2018
Brilliant! Like all the others in this spetacular franchise.
½ January 29, 2018
most violent, but probably most entertaining edition is easily better than part 1
½ January 29, 2018
What a way to end one of the best movie franchises. This is easily the best film in the franchise. It has great moments, spectacular action scenes, and some of the best moments in the entire franchise. After re watching all of the films I can finally say that in the Harry Potter series(Not Fantastic Beast) that this one is the best. The entire series I would recommend just so you can watch this movie.
January 25, 2018
A rousing and well done ending to the Harry Potter series. Packs it all in - drama, action, pathos and heart - as well as a bunch of hooey that you just have to suspend disbelief. The one film where Radcliffe is front and center, with Watson, Grint and the rest of the cast playing supporting roles to the Chosen One - and he carries it off. Director Yates deserves a lot of credit for bring a coherence to the Potter films under his command. Bravo.
½ January 17, 2018
Visually beautiful and gripping, "Deathly Hallows - Part 2" is a powerfully dark conclusion to the franchise that will leave die hards and fans alike in tears not only because of the overwhelming plot points, but because of the emotional investment to an era of legendary characters.
½ January 14, 2018
Basically just a two hour long climax but it feels mostly satisfying. Rickman really gets his due here, finally getting to give Snape the complexities his performance always hinted at. Best to ignore the dumb epilogue, just as you should have done in the book.
½ January 13, 2018
Great conclusion to the Potter film franchise. Lots of action and drama as well as a lot of loss and sacrifice. Interesting twists with the loyalties of both Professor Snape and the Elder Wand. A fitting final confrontation between Potter and Voldermort.
January 8, 2018
Seen this again on tv after a long while, still remembered how upset I was at the middle of the movie...Very enticing at the first few secens in Gringots and with the dragon, their journey to Hogsmeade and the prep for the battle with the professors raising up the defensive shield, but just went downhill from there afterwards, with underwhelming fight scenes, incoherent events (kids were still running around the castle for an hour), and excessive dialogues from Voldemort....But with impressive visuals and effects,, and with Daniel Radcliffe's outstanding acting, it was still a good ending to an amazing decade long movie franchise.
January 4, 2018
voldemort vs harry was epic i watched in cinemas
January 3, 2018