Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 Reviews

February 17, 2017
Part 1 was better. Part 1 gave suspense to look up to , but this movie feel short of that suspense and was disappointing. The fight scenes were terrible with no suspense. It should have been called Neville saves the day because he does the most in this lousy finish of a great series.
February 12, 2017
I've watched (and read) it milion times but I will never get tired of it. I never cry watching films, except this one. But I try to follow Dumbledore's thought: "Do not pity the dead, Harry, pity the living. Above all pity those who live without love."
February 9, 2017
absolute best harry potter film in the series. worth watching.
February 6, 2017
Amazing conclusion of the saga!
January 29, 2017
LOVE IT I love Harry Potter
½ January 27, 2017
Harry Potter and the deathly hallows part 2 is pretty great, it is the best Harry Potter movie like ever, so I'm giving this a 9/10
January 20, 2017
The best movie of Harry Potter. Great graphics and screenplay, very good story with magical creatures, advisable movie for people who love's fantastic and magical films, unpredictable and with a outstanding cast, this movie is the best Harry Potter's film adaptation.
½ January 17, 2017
When I walked out of the theater on July 15, 2011 after seeing the finale of the Harry Potter franchise, I didn't realize then just how much the film had made an impact on me. Perhaps it didn't affect me that much all at back then. However, nearly 5 and 1/2 years later, I realize that's it so much more than an action film. Rewatching the film time and time again, I never fail to get a bit emotional when the opening title shows up in its customary 3D-like appearance. The somber music also helps get the nostalgia train going. However, once the customary Warner Bros logo and title card opening is over, the film picks up immediately where DH Part 1 left off. Harry, Ron and Hermione have just escaped from Malfoy Manor and are hiding out at Bill Weasley's (Ron's brother, for non-Potter fans) shell cottage. The trio then travels to the great wizarding bank Gringotts, where an impressive action sequence occurs involving a dragon and a magic door. This kicks off the second leg of their quest to find mysterious Horcruxes, objects crucial to defeating You-Know-Who. The battle between good and evil at Hogwarst is visually stunning and emotionally powerful, with beloved characters either perishing or having their own hero moments. I'll stay
tight-lipped about the ending of the film for those who haven't seen it, but I will say that it's the perfect sendoff to the magical franchise that has captured the hearts of millions over the last decade
and a half.
½ January 17, 2017
The Harry Potter Franchise saves some of its best magic for last. A dazzling display of spectacle, thrill, reunion and raw emotional power: What a way to send out of one the most consistent film franchises of all time.
½ January 15, 2017
Good film and as a complete film with part 1 much better. However poor continuity and missing story made this part frustrating to watch. Over 30mins was cut from this movie and it defiantly shows. Also characters death scenes were poorly executed.

Updates 2017 after reviewing this film I can say I was wrong back in 2011. This movie is great and all these years on is such a strong movie. Great close to the series
January 11, 2017
I hope this movie sticks to the book, like the first two movies.
½ January 6, 2017
The series ends, at last. Good riddance. (Until JK Rowling needs money, I guess).

The first Harry Potter was interesting, and good fun. Much of this was due to the novelty of it all. The first Harry Potter introduced us to the characters and concepts of the series.

The second used that template and provides another plot. The plot was fairly mundane and overwrought. At nearly three hours it was ridiculously long for a linear plot-driven kid's adventure story.

This is all said, there was a momentum that kept it going. There were some new concepts and characters. All this was enough to make it marginally likable.

By the third, however, it was a tired formula. From then on it was all about gouging more money from kids and nerds.

Rating for this last one should be lower, but it gets a bonus point for finally ending this seemingly-never-ending, sequels-for-the-sake-of-more-money series.
½ January 3, 2017
170103: Fantastic story. Powerful, as is this episode. This is not a series you can watch individually or out of order. I recommend going back, if you have not done so, and begin with The Philosopher's Stone (2001). It took more than ten years to get to The Deathly Hallows Part 2 and that does not include the investment in the original literature. Do yourself a favor and start at square one, at least film wise. After finally seeing myself the same path, all that I can say is wow. It is well worth the trip.
January 1, 2017
This movie is so emotional and will definitely bring you to tears.
½ January 1, 2017
Rated one of the best of the eight Harry Potter films. Slightly disappointed with the much anticipated Harry v Voldemort final battle which ended quickly without too much fuss or flash. A good end to a magical series of films. I couldn't make the comparison to the books as I haven't read them all but enjoyed it
½ December 31, 2016
Possibly one of the best films in the series and easily makes up for some of the lager lacklustre films.
½ December 30, 2016
This movie has a powerful magic mitology and thrilling plot, that makes this popular franchise more than a novel.
December 28, 2016
A great movie until you get to the last scene. It is a little weak.
½ December 22, 2016
"If you have to ask you will never know, if you know you need only ask"

"Never pity the dead Harry Potter, pity the living, especially those who live without love"

"It sets my teeth on edge"

GOOD BUY HARRY ! Or SEE YOU SOON ?