Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 Reviews

December 10, 2016
A grand way to end one of the greatest movie series ever made.
December 7, 2016
After seven films and ten years since we walked through Diagonal Alley and Platform 9 3/4 the conclusion of Potter's story is here. After all the events we have witnessed, is this a worthy conclusion for such a beast of a franchise?

With 3 Horcruxes taken care of and Voldemort gaining the Elder Wand, Potter and company are ready to finally confront the Dark Lord and his army of Death Eaters. Retreating to Hogwarts to find more information about the rest of the Horcruxes, Harry's friend rally around him in order to finally take down He Who Must Not Be Mentioned.

After taking care of the exposition in "Deathly Hollows Part 1", what lies ahead is the Battle of Hogwarts and the final confrontation between The Boy Who Lived and The Dark Lord, and I have to say this final chapter is a mixed bag for me. With the focus being on the final battle between good and evil, the film does not disappoint in the action department, as it uses the franchise's strengths wisely and continues to bring new magical ideas; and it has the best dramatic sequence in the entire saga (Alan Rickman proved that he was a fantastic actor that could do so much with a stoic character) as it is satisfying and touching. But my main problem realize on the whole concept of the film: It is so focused on the battle scenes that the Horcruxes get lost in the narrative. Since "Half Blood Prince" they have been saying that the Horcruxes could be anywhere and they would be heavy protected but in reality they are not.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2" is a bombastic conclusion to the series but it is also an underwhelming one. It is action packed, dramatic, solidly executed and extremely enjoyable.
December 6, 2016
The best movie in the series. It all ends here and it's awesome!
December 4, 2016
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is an amazing conclusion that is not only the most action-packed entry in the entire film series but also the most visually beautiful one to date with performances from its stars as stunning as ever with Ralph Fiennes finally getting his time to shine in the spotlight in the role of Lord Voldemort seeing that he didn't have lots of screen time in Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix and Part 1 of the Deathly Hallows and an amazing conclusion including an ending that will have you nearly wanting to dwell up with tears seeing that now it's all over.
November 30, 2016
I've watched the Harry Potter movies change and mature as time as gone on. This is the absolute pinnacle of entertainment - a true-to-the-book, thoroughtly enjoyable experience to any viewer. It was the conclusion any director would only dream of making. Solid script, solid acting, excellent all-round. No complains needed.
Verdict: A+
November 23, 2016
The best Harry Potter movie ever!
½ November 20, 2016
Deathly Hallows Part 2 is a great conclusion to the movie series, but there were too many unnecessary changes from the books that still bother me years later to make it five stars.

4.5/5 = Must-See
November 19, 2016
To me, the perfect conclusion to a franchise ties up everything that was promised while leaving the audience with an emotionally satisfying ending that leaves the door open for something later. The Deathly Hallows Part 2 checked off just about everything I could have asked for.

We begin part 2 still in search of the Horcruxes as well as finding Voldemort's army at its strongest. I think what's most impressive about this particular installment is that it manages to pull off the "all pay-off" type of story that most part 2's have struggled with. Both, The Hunger Games and Hobbit series' have had a rough time closing out their series' with a film that feels whole in itself. Sure, you can't really have the full experience without at least watching Part 1, but there's no part of me that thinks this story could have been pulled off in one film.

Even with all of the cameos and reappearances of beloved characters, there's plenty of new ones as well. Ciaran Hinds' Abeforth Dumbledore for one, Helena Ravenclaw, a nearly-blind Dragon from Gringott's, and oh yeah those kids at the end. J.K. Rowling has a knack for giving everyone a chance to shine, and there's no difference in Part 2. Seriously, I never would have thought Neville would be the one to kill Voldemort's snake, Nagini, but that's why it was so brilliant.

This is also the film in which all was revealed about Snape and his allegiance to Harry after all. The first time I watched this entire sequence, it absolutely broke me. To watch a guy so hopelessly in love with someone he can never have, and then look after her son even though he despises the very presence of him, is so beautiful and tragic at the same time. It's something only the likes of J.K. Rowling could handle with such grace.

Harry himself goes through perhaps his biggest character arc since the middle of the franchise as he's forced to come to grips with the fact that he is the 7th horcrux after all. Even though we ultimately knew he was going to have that showdown with Voldemort at Hogwarts, but his goodbyes to Ron and Hermione, and ultimately his discussion with The Order in the Forest, were some of the most touching scenes the franchise has given us. This also gave us one final scene with Michael Gambon as Dumbledore's spirit, so to speak. Of course, I'm a bigger fan of Richard Harris' work as the great wizard, but Gambon's spin on the character definitely grew on me. Especially when watching them all back to back.

Everything about this film is epic in scale and emotion. Even if you know when certain things are going to happen, they are written and presented in a way that's undeniably satisfying. I know some think the "19 years later" scene is hokey, but for me it's the perfect culmination of everything that the series has brought thus far. Harry finally got to experience King's Cross Station with his family, and he honored Snape and Dumbledore with his son's name. It's just perfect. After re-watching the 8 films within days of each other, I can say that this without a doubt in the top 5 of my favorite film franchises of all time. And The Deathly Hallows ended it with a bang.

+Everyone gets a chance to shine

+Battle for Hogwarts

+Snape reveals

+The ultimate sacrifice

+19 Years Later

10/10
November 18, 2016
Powerful and compelling conclusion. An emotional kick ass ride.
½ November 18, 2016
Great end to the franchise, thoroughly enjoyed it
November 18, 2016
In 2012 this was one of the best films with incredible art direction, visual effects, & makeup.
November 15, 2016
The third best Harry Potter movie!
½ November 15, 2016
Wow, so many feels in just one-half of a book adaptation. Every death is tragic, every familiar character and place breathes a gloomier tone from Sorcerer's Stone, every battle places me right into the action, and the scene with the pensive is pure perfection. Yet I can't put this at the number one spot because of the poor handling of the romances, and the complete absence of any muggle-wizard conflict. Still makes me choke up with happiness in the end though!
November 15, 2016
BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
November 14, 2016
Featuring beautiful visual effects, set pieces, and powerful acting that solidifies some of the greatest fictional characters in literature and/or cinema, The Deathly Hallows Part 2 brings 10 years of Harry Potter together in a thrilling, magical, and moving conclusion
November 12, 2016
Puntaje Original: 9.5

Sin palabras, la cosa es simple "Harry Potter es la mejor saga de todos los tiempos", lo afirmo y lo confirmo, jamás veré mejor saga que ésta, marcó mi infancia y mi vida, gracias J.K. Rowling, por siempre agradecido.
½ November 12, 2016
The best ".. Potter". By a mile. Could have overdone the main good vs. bad, but all the characters got their own little send offs, defining moments and tears. Excellent.
November 11, 2016
This film is sheer genius: suspense, action, amazing acting, beautiful music, gorgeous sets, operatic, etc. This is one of the greatest films ever made! It is an instant classic (like all previous eight movies in the series). This film will always hold a place in my heart (the end of the series) and this series will always hold a place in my heart. It has been a magical journey and nothing will ever top this series or movie ever again!
½ November 8, 2016
THRILLS CHILLS AND TONS OF TEARS. What is not to love?
November 4, 2016
So it's time for the Big fight! The good vs the bad who will win the fights we'll find out when you see the movie!