Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 Reviews

• 4d ago

It culminates with a battle fitting of the two greatest powers in the world. In retrospect, it ends the way it should and without being all too predictable. Based on this generation's most impressive work of science-fiction, the Harry Potter movies exceed the standard with their presentation and the finale is, as it should be, the best of the set.

• Beth
    Nov 23, 2020

The movie did not disappoint. It was as great as the others. I am so glad that they brought them back to the bid screen. It was great to be able to take my daughter to see it on the big screen since she was not alive when the film's were originally released

• Nov 19, 2020

Way too imbalanced toward battles, thanks to the studio's decision to split this into 2 movies. This film is action action action without much else which makes it too heavy to watch more than once in a long while.

• Nov 13, 2020

The second half of Harry's grand finale is better than the first, but still struggles to cope with too many characters, too little color and an overstuffed dance card. There's just so much going on, and it's all so excessively dim... Over-reliance upon book lore has been a long-term problem for this franchise, and that issue has only grown more pronounced as the film adaptations enter their final stretch. I have no idea how anyone could make sense of Deathly Hallows 2 without keeping a store of such information, fresh and reliable, somewhere in their noggin. Maybe a Cliff's Notes handbook and a hair-trigger pause button would suffice. Casually tossing about complicated concepts like wand allegiance, multiplying spells, hallows and horcruxes, the film skims along at a high speed, in breathless pursuit of flashier material. Of that, fortunately, there's plenty, and those bits are loaded with well-constructed callbacks to the previous films. The action scenes are constant highlights, excellent in concept and in execution; a fitting farewell, in their own way, for the series at large. Quieter character moments are more of a mixed bag. Snape gets his big spotlight scene, after being completely ignored in the previous chapter, but most of the younger cast members are swept up in the desperate search for a soul mate. Everybody just wants to pair off, to hit that convenient epilogue with a litter of kids tugging at their shoestrings. Despite simmering for years and years, in many cases, such romances play more like a series of checked boxes than natural, heartfelt outpourings of emotion. Ron and Hermione are a prime example. The moment of their long-germinating embrace was evidently a difficult scene for the actors, who literally grew up together on-set, and their discomfort is clear on the screen. The kiss feels like an awkward, instantly-regretted smooch between friends, not a grand culmination, and that robs power from these beloved characters' storybook ending. They probably should've got that out of the way several movies earlier anyway. Here, in the midst of a hectic chase and a frenzied battle, even an effective payoff would've been lost in the mix. Which is another recurring issue that this film never really settles. There's enough material for three movies in here (or a seven-hundred page book, as it were) and in trying to please everyone, to fit it all in, the whole package fades into a fleeting, dizzying wash. Nothing gets a chance to breathe, lest a different scene meet the cutting room floor. Crucial time is cut from meaningful points in the main narrative, dampening their impact, to cram in a few smaller, crowd-pleasing tidbits. But those, too, are over and done with so quickly that they hardly seem worth the effort. In the end, we get (nearly) everything, without necessitating another weird mid-stream cutaway, but nothing is half as rewarding as I'd expected. A stumble over the finish line, in other words; a film that hits the novel's plot points but completely misses its spirit. Could've been worse, I guess, but it also could've been so much better.

• Nov 13, 2020

AMAZING BECAUSE IT ALL ENDS.

AMAZING BECAUSE IT ALL ENDS.

• Nov 09, 2020

I am a huge fan of the Harry Potter books, they're all so great and magical. But I didn't think the film series were perfect at all, but they were still great movies. With that, I was extremely excited to see the end of the film franchise, and impressed with the trailers. So I had high expectations. And thankfully it did not disappoint, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II, blew past my already high expectations and I was enthralled! The whole movie looked spectacular! The cinematography extremely well done, the art direction was incredible. The movie was beautiful to look at, the visuals were spectacular and truly Oscar worthy! The set designers, cinematographers really need to be awarded for their work, because it looks like they spend of time and money on the look of the film. The cast of the film was pretty much perfect, they should all be applauded too. Emma Watson, as usual is and great and she'll have a bright career ahead of her. Rupert Grint is pretty much great also, he is a fine actor indeed. Daniel Radcliffe did an amazing job and was very memorable as Harry Potter. Although I think Ralph Fiennes was the star of the film, he did unbelievable job as the evil, crazy Lord Voldemort, I think he deserves an Oscar Nomination for his role. The rest of the cast were also great too. We all grew up overtime with the series, we followed the adventures of Harry Potter for around 10 years, I think. It seems very weird that there will be no more Harry Potter films to look forward too. I will miss the franchise very much! However I am happy the series got an amazing ending. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II is not only the best film in the series, but it will probably be one of the best films of 2011. Everyone should see this film, even if they don't like past Harry Potter films.

• Nov 08, 2020

The movie was what I was hoping it would be which was full action and amazing visuals. The story is great and it's a great way to end the franchise. This film is probably my favorite out of all the movies.

• Nov 01, 2020

Probably the most gratifying and faithful conclusion to any franchise and all-time since The Return of the King. It was an amazingly coherent, fast rollacoaster (almost too quick at times), all the way to the very end. Yet, it wrapped everything up so effortlessly and effectively to near flawlessness. The ending final scene was warm, touching and was absolutely perfect.

• Oct 15, 2020

This movie was incredible, the production and set design, the scoring, and especially the visual effect was packed verry well and it made a wonderful movie. I can't imagine why the visual effect was great, it's 2011 bro. Beside of that this film was still have a cons, I tought that the person who have been read the novel will already knew what this movie will be about, so it will be better if the storyline will be a bit diffrent from the book. Overall the movie was an nobel end for Harry Potter saga, so great job 👍👍

• Oct 14, 2020

Best Harry Potter movie. I know it's hard for some to admit but it's just a perfect ending get over your personal opinions