Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Reviews

August 3, 2016
A British boy continues his adventures with Edward at the broomstick finals, wizard prom, dragon training, the Overlook maze, and the return of the snake man.
August 2, 2016
By far the most mature in this series so far, this is the movie that spawned the Harry Potter we've grown to love in the past few movies. Goblet of Fire is a showcase for the great cast and still solid writing that never tires; even if it isn't up to the standard of future sequels.
Verdict: A-
July 31, 2016
One of the best movies I have ever seen. I was watching it yesterday be cause it way a Harry Potter birthday marathon. Happy Birthday Harry Potter!
July 31, 2016
Very good. Newell has created a diverse movie, with humour and darkness perfectly dancing together at the Tri Wizard ball.

Felt it was more consistent than Azkaban, with the light hearted moments creating an all round better feeling throughout the whole movie.

Excellent installment.
July 31, 2016
Goblet of Fire is another great installment to the franchise! The return of the Dark Lord, the tasks, the manipulative times the characters are going through. Although the movie suffers from sudden halts after a task takes place, this is still a great Harry Potter flick, and great movie overall!
One of my least favorite Harry Potter movies
½ July 31, 2016
The beginning of Harry Potter's descent into darkness, this is one hell of a ride covering everything from mermaids to dragons and in between. But no one could have prepared for the darkness of the ending second only to Half Blood Prince.
July 30, 2016
Yet another fantastic entry in the series. This movie has a great fantasy story at it's heart and yet still somehow manages to capture all the awkwardness of being a 14 year old. If for some reason you have never watched these movies, you gotta get on it! It is worth the time investment.
July 28, 2016
I don't like Harry Potter movies.
½ July 26, 2016
Being the last time Harry truly got to enjoy a year at school before it all took a turn for the worst, I was surprised by how little school there was in it. I also thought that this was a worse adaptation than Prisoner, as they decide to leave out a very important ending, that practically cemented the philosophy of neither side being truly good. When the film came to a close on that incredibly up beat ending I wanted to find Newell and explain to him why the ending is so important. However, all those problems I have are taken back by the shear perfect directing. The style in this film is such a good balance between fun and dark that it creates its own. The story took Rowling 600 pages to explain, yet the film still manages to establish all the main details. The actors have once again improved, and the characters themselves now all have understandable and relatable motives. The mystery is excellent, the effects are wonderful, and the stakes have risen to new heights. A wonderful film, for a wonderful book.
July 19, 2016
I just remember this as being the one I least enjoyed. I'd like to watch it again to reassess.
½ July 19, 2016
Although I don't love it as much as the previous film, I must say "The Goblet of Fire" is pretty damn entertaining! It has the tone that is heavier, the vibe that feels more ominous, the story that is scarier and more mature than the previous 3 films, and it has this sense of dread throughout the film. But there is also a plenty of humor that works against more serious and poignant moments. It is superbly crafted and the set pieces are quite impressive, but the thing that makes this franchise special, timeless, and compelling is the characters. This is a franchise that evolves as its characters mature, and it makes it relatable for the audiences. It's kind of brilliant.
July 17, 2016
My least favorite of the Potter films - to many changes to the story that were uncalled for.
July 15, 2016
Fun nicely paste and compelling along with its dark tone performance from Daniel and fines make this a magical film a joy to watch
July 7, 2016
Even darker, more action packed and funnier than the other adaptions- Goblet of Fire is an adrenaline thrill ride.
July 5, 2016
Even with growing-up character moments as awkward as the hormones of a teenage boy, this is still a dazzling, exciting, and emotionally powerful Potter entry.
½ June 26, 2016
"Goblet"'s length may seem troublesome, but it is all made up for with its dark tone, brilliant characters, and powerful ending.

V: 72%
June 12, 2016
This book is what many consider to be the best in the series, and I remember LOVING Goblet of Fire as a kid. The movie touches upon most of the main events of the movie (and changes around a few things, too). I stopped reading the Harry Potter books after GoF, because I had it in my head that Rowling's success was going to get to her head, and that would ultimately change the outcome of the story, and I didn't like that. I was thirteen, so sue me. I really enjoyed this film, other than the fact that I HATED Daniel Radcliffe's haircut. Since when did Harry Potter have an emo sense of style that was plucked from Hot Topic?! #Justice4Diggory
½ June 12, 2016
Quality movie. Longer, but worth it.
June 9, 2016
The Triwizard Tournament was one of the better things to happen in the books, so I'm glad the excitement of that event translated perfectly into the movie. Harry's hair is longer than ever.