Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Reviews

August 6, 2017
Love all things Harry Potter. This was the beginning of the end.
July 21, 2017
The Half-Blood Prince is a shocking twist :)
July 15, 2017
Very fast paced and cutting out several good parts from the book, due to time concerns no doubt, this film none the less manages to hold its own in the Potter franchise. I would have liked to have seen the Horace Slughorn and rise of Tom Riddle to Lord Voldemort story told in its entirety like the book.
½ July 1, 2017
Snape, Snape, Severus Snape HaHaHaHa
June 26, 2017
This was dark and very interesting. This film had very little action but the plot keeps this movie very interesting and this movie has very impressive visuals.

8.4/10
Tyler H.
June 24, 2017
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince: The movie brings more complexity into the franchise with the introduction of the Horcrux. This movie is the first to intertwine all of the Harry Potter movies into a single installment. This movie is fantastic and one of my favorites in the franchise.
June 19, 2017
I wanted to slap the shit out of Ginny when she pushed for Harry to hide that book!

Good action scenes.
½ June 16, 2017
The sixth installment in the franchise replaces the action for a entertaining high school drama with a compelling mystery and heartwarming moments that succeeds in being the least action packed in the franchise, yet one of the best.
June 11, 2017
Good Harry Potter movie. The story telling was weird (the book did it a lot better). The big reveal at the end was not executed that great either.
June 5, 2017
Useless but still fun
June 2, 2017
Well...although this wasn't AS good as I expected, it was still good. I'm hoping that this is acts as a great prequel that leads into the two-part finale; "The Deathly Hallows." (Although this wasn't really a prequel).
"After all these years, I just sort of go with it," shrugs Harry Potter. Six films in, so do we (Despite the tragic events that occur during the film).
June 1, 2017
When did Harry Potter become a high school drama show? Also, why is the frame so desaturated?
½ May 31, 2017
One of the best installments in the series, Half-Blood Prince raises the stakes, advances the characters, and injects more humour than any previous installment.
½ May 15, 2017
Liked this one the most so far.
May 4, 2017
Alan Hickman is the best, he makes me like harry potter... to be more specific, he makes me like Snape.
½ April 25, 2017
Alan Rickman's time to shine!
½ April 4, 2017
The beginning of the end, The Half Blood Prince is one of the darker, more brooding Harry Potter films. And as the series begins to reach it's end, the emotional impacts are larger as well. The story truly drives this less action filled edition.
½ April 2, 2017
One of the darkest and most emotional of the series, Half Blood Prince is also a fun and thrilling ride the whole way through! Even if it could have stuck to the book a little better, it is still another strong entry!
March 22, 2017
This was another really well done movie. Terribly sad Albus had to die but that's how the story goes.
March 15, 2017
A decent adaptation of the 6th installment of the series! Too bad that Professor Slughorn wasn't as walrus like he is in the book, but here, he's not bad.