Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Reviews

October 17, 2016
A decent adaptation of the 6th installment of the series! Too bad that Professor Slughorn wasn't as walrus like he is in the book, but here, he's not bad.
½ October 17, 2016
harry potter movies never fail to disappoint
½ October 15, 2016
Another dark and satisfying instalment to the franchise, much better than the last.
October 9, 2016
I loved the Harry potter series and the book,s.
½ October 1, 2016
Enjoyed this like the others, but like the others it didn't bowl me over. Fantastic cinematography and special effects as always.
½ September 3, 2016
9/1/2016: A very good film and follows the book quite well.
September 2, 2016
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince does a fine job following Harry and Dumbledore's increasingly professional relationship and climaxing at the most notorious of Harry Potter spoilers.
August 29, 2016
Very well done but a dreary storyline ( and a billion dollars later) the last few of these films feel like one continuous mini-series.
August 27, 2016
Another good entry to the series, I was expecting a little more, As we all knew its only purpose is to set up the grand finale, A little confusing sometimes and can drag at times but the ending was great and pretty shocking, It's still a must see film.
½ August 26, 2016
By far the most beautifully photographed of the films, thanks to Bruno Delbonnel, 'The Half-Blood Prince' is also an emotionally impactful and thrilling entry in the Harry Potter films.
½ August 21, 2016
I really wish I could have liked this better, but the pheromone/testerone-filled infatuations and heartbreaks that went on seemed it was nothing special. There were fun scenes, and there were those oh-so true teen moments, but the final scene of the death of you-know-who could have just been better. I seriously don't know how it could be made better (hah), but there was nothing to astound me. Still a fan, though.
August 21, 2016
With the war having officially started this is one of the most shocking, dramatic and darker of the Harry Potter films so far. Yet with it comes a tremendous amount of thrilling and rather amusing humour. Harry is another year older and with a bigger burden to hold he is being given even more responsibility. This film provides much more plot detail and provides the perfect blanket for the final two instalments of the film to come. A truly brilliant piece of film which is another must see for any fans.
August 21, 2016
I really enjoyed this dark and thrilling movie!
August 18, 2016
The magic is, like, dead.
August 17, 2016
Deftly blending the dark thrills with domestic life through magical eyes, this chapter of Harry Potter is beautifully filmed, funny and emotional, but occasionally overly somber.
August 15, 2016
This movie isn't out yet, is it???
August 12, 2016
Another very good instalment and probably the darkest and most emotional so far. Special effects sequences took a back step i felt, allowing a fine script to further enhance the characters and the progression of their relationships.
August 3, 2016
A British boy must survive the drama of magic school, witness the snake gang ruin everything, and morn the death of his gay wizard friend.
August 3, 2016
While I still enjoyed this movie, I couldn't help but notice the pacing was a bit messy. The most improved actor in this movie is by far Tom Felton. He really upped the game for the character of Draco Malfoy. Everyone else is pretty much up to par as well. The movie as a whole just seemed to be missing something and the ending didn't quite pack the emotional punch that I was hoping for. Still a solid entry in the series though.
August 3, 2016
The Final Stage Has Been Set!

Originally written July 29, 2009--
As Death Eaters wreak havoc in both the Muggle and Wizard worlds, Hogwarts is no longer a safe haven for students. Though Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) suspects there are new dangers lurking within the castle walls, Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) is more intent than ever on preparing the young wizard for the final battle with Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes). Meanwhile, teenage hormones run rampant through Hogwarts, presenting a different sort of danger. Love may be in the air, but tragedy looms, and Hogwarts may never be the same again. The final stage in the Harry Potter saga has been set! Not only is this the finest adaptation yet of J.K. Rowling's addictive canon, it's also the first to shine on its own merit, without having to rely on past films for its emotional weight. Director David Yates presides over several incredible CGI set pieces, but the real magic comes from the performances of the fantastic cast. This film is wonderful! Two thumbs way up!