Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Reviews

April 26, 2017
While this is probably my least favorite Harry Potter movie, there is still some good stuff in it.
½ April 9, 2017
It's a pretty good movie
½ April 4, 2017
The story begins to get more intense as The Order of the Phoenix adds to the darker powers growing, and Harry learning even more about his family and past. Though it drags at times, it is still a fun adventure, and you can begin to see the finale on the horizon.
April 2, 2017
The Order of the Phoenix is one of the most hated of the Harry Potter movies, it should have been longer, and it could have done more justice to the book. But once again, we get an even darker Harry Potter film, with more character enrichment! This film is also really fun at the same time! Another strong entry!
March 22, 2017
that harry potter keeps getting more interesting by the hour!
March 21, 2017
This was probably my least favourite so far but still good for a series.
March 20, 2017
After the almost spectacle-like action & excitement of 'Goblet Of Fire', 'Order Of The Phoenix' seemingly tones itself down, yet as the film progresses it builds up a vicious tension - notably created by the threats of Voldemort & Prof. Umbridge. Scenes like the 'point-of-view' snake attack on Mr. Weesley, & the forced self-inflicted torture of students prove that this is no longer a child-friendly series of films.
I have no intention of reading the book, yet despite it's dark themes, set pieces & character sub-plots - the narrative feels too stark leaving me with the impression that a very fat book has been stripped to the bare essentials maybe rather too drastically. Another continuing problem is that the cardboard acting (from a large majority of the cast) further hinders the series.
March 11, 2017
So starts the era of Yates who takes some of the better books and some how gives us these... The 5th book is one of the best books of the series and while I over all like the movie and it's definitely better than the 3rd and 4th but simple things just seem so stupid... The way the Death Eaters seem to be able to fly instead of disapparate... I understand the movies and books have to stand apart and be looked at differently but to do so well in so many areas and to ruin it with something as stupid as all the Wizards all of sudden being able to fly was ridiculous...
March 5, 2017
HP and the goblet of fire stays at the same level of quality in acting, directing, and screenwriting as the first four, but the story grows.
February 15, 2017
The Harry Potter franchise continues to feel fresh and new while still having the Harry Potter feeling we all love. I do not think this one is as good as the 3rd and 4th Harry Potter movies but better than the 1st and 2nd. Voldemort continues to be a great villain, you feel his presences over the entire film. David Yates also gave us the best action we have seen so far in the Harry Potter movies. Really good film.
February 13, 2017
this one so far is my favorite one, can hardly wait until the new one
February 10, 2017
my fav of the Harry Potter films full of action and wonder and a lot of heart
January 29, 2017
My least favorite of the series but still good.
January 17, 2017
David Yates' first go as director takes a few steps back in certain respects from the accomplishments of the 3rd and fourth films, but makes up for with a scathingly abhorrent villain and the best action sequences yet seen in the Franchise.
½ January 1, 2017
4 1/2 out of 5 stars! When I first read the book and saw the film, I loved this story, but over time I begun to think it was one of the weaker links in the franchise, but after watching it again last night, after 5 years, it is actually among the strongest and most detailed and important stories in the series. I have a new found even greater respect for this one!
½ December 31, 2016
My least favourite Harry Potter film
December 29, 2016
Not as enchanting as some of the earlier movies in the series, but it was nice to see Luna Lovegood make her first screen appearance. Still an exciting movie, but not my favorite. (First viewing - Summer 2007 in theaters)
December 29, 2016
Terrible direction mars this picture. The acting is the best of the bunch up to the point but too much flash over substance and yet another disjointed story create a haphazard affair. There are so many disappointments for characters and story integrity, too many under-utilised character stories and too much compromise to the story itself.

This could and should have been a much better and grander affair. The story really lacked the drama and emotional impetus in its crowning moments, due entirely to a lack of build to them and with the opposite effect it had fun in all the wrong places, the story itself naturally has its comic moments, instead the jokes were left to simple shock and awe tactics, cheap laughs.
December 17, 2016
Ok I'll leave you with your thoughts then

The latest intelligence is that...

It happened right before my eyes

Expeliomus

"We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are"