Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Reviews

June 28, 2017
Amazing! The page turning words in the books leap off the page appropiately into this movie. While I enjoyed the book very much, the movie thankfully was adapted into the film excitingly and wonderfully.
June 26, 2017
Another great film but this one is my least favourite in the series. There were some things that I felt the should have taken from the book and put into the film.

8.0/10
June 18, 2017
Better than i had excepted
Tyler H.
½ June 18, 2017
Order Of the Phoenix is a action packed film with a great story arch which makes this movie a fun watching experience
June 16, 2017
While the fifth book is the weakest of the series, this adaptation makes an action packed popcorn film that keeps the excitement going for more installments to come.
½ June 11, 2017
Almost perfect Harry Potter movie. I thought it could be a little darker.
June 5, 2017
My third favourite ending is intense
½ June 1, 2017
This movie made me distrust the color pink.
June 1, 2017
One of the few movies of the series that significantly improves on the novel, Order of the Phoenix takes its depressing, teenage-angsty source material and manages to make an enjoyable film.
May 27, 2017
This was a rather confusing, unique and action-packed adventure that acted as a great sequel to all of its predecessors, especially the Goblet of Fire.
I also took into account that the performances of the characters were more mature. The older these kids get, the more darker the Harry Potter Franchise becomes. Which I tend to find an interesting factor.
½ May 22, 2017
Tied with goblet of fire
April 26, 2017
While this is probably my least favorite Harry Potter movie, there is still some good stuff in it.
½ April 9, 2017
It's a pretty good movie
½ April 4, 2017
The story begins to get more intense as The Order of the Phoenix adds to the darker powers growing, and Harry learning even more about his family and past. Though it drags at times, it is still a fun adventure, and you can begin to see the finale on the horizon.
April 2, 2017
The Order of the Phoenix is one of the most hated of the Harry Potter movies, it should have been longer, and it could have done more justice to the book. But once again, we get an even darker Harry Potter film, with more character enrichment! This film is also really fun at the same time! Another strong entry!
March 22, 2017
that harry potter keeps getting more interesting by the hour!
March 21, 2017
This was probably my least favourite so far but still good for a series.
March 20, 2017
After the almost spectacle-like action & excitement of 'Goblet Of Fire', 'Order Of The Phoenix' seemingly tones itself down, yet as the film progresses it builds up a vicious tension - notably created by the threats of Voldemort & Prof. Umbridge. Scenes like the 'point-of-view' snake attack on Mr. Weesley, & the forced self-inflicted torture of students prove that this is no longer a child-friendly series of films.
I have no intention of reading the book, yet despite it's dark themes, set pieces & character sub-plots - the narrative feels too stark leaving me with the impression that a very fat book has been stripped to the bare essentials maybe rather too drastically. Another continuing problem is that the cardboard acting (from a large majority of the cast) further hinders the series.
March 11, 2017
So starts the era of Yates who takes some of the better books and some how gives us these... The 5th book is one of the best books of the series and while I over all like the movie and it's definitely better than the 3rd and 4th but simple things just seem so stupid... The way the Death Eaters seem to be able to fly instead of disapparate... I understand the movies and books have to stand apart and be looked at differently but to do so well in so many areas and to ruin it with something as stupid as all the Wizards all of sudden being able to fly was ridiculous...
March 5, 2017
HP and the goblet of fire stays at the same level of quality in acting, directing, and screenwriting as the first four, but the story grows.