Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Reviews

September 18, 2017
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is not a bit dissapointing due to the fact that it feels overstuffed..
September 15, 2017
definitely the worst of the potter films. horrible plot development, if any. i sat waiting for 2 hours for it to get going and then 15 minutes later it um... ended. same sub-par acting as usual, but without a good storyline or flow the movie is barely satifactory.
September 9, 2017
Good movie, but too much depression. I think out of all the characters, there is one smile in the entire movie.
August 23, 2017
The parts with Umbridge and Dumbledore's Army are brilliant, and are no doubt some of my favourite and most interesting parts of the franchise. But for me the film as a whole just didn't give me that sense of joy that the first two films did.
½ August 23, 2017
Another emotional and well written installment in the series with some psychological attributes, strong performances, and another whirlwind of an ending.

Rumor has it that the dreaded Lord Voldemort has returned, but Minister for Magic Cornelius Fudge (Robert Hardy) isn't so sure what to make of all the hearsay currently floating around the campus of Hogwarts. Suspecting that Headmaster Albus Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) may be fueling the rumors regarding Voldemort's return in order to undermine his authority and lay claim to his job, Fudge entrusts newly arrived Defense Against the Dark Arts professor Dolores Umbridge (Imelda Staunton) with the task of tracking Dumbledore and keeping a protective watch over the nervous student body.

After the events of the Tri-Wizard Tournament, Harry is emotionally scarred and terrified. When this film starts, you see the psychological impact that it's taken on him ever since he had the run in with Lord Voldemort. I really like that because it's the first time we're seeing the mental damage that Voldemort has on our main characters. Seeing someone die for the first time is a pretty big deal and they make that a good emphasis in this film. It makes for a deeper and more emotional story as a result.

Although I thought the main antagonist (Umbridge) was so annoying to the point that it pained me, I still thoroughly enjoyed the symbolism between the ministry and the school. It brought me to think about how similar that can be to our modern day education and government systems, which was really interesting. It made for a very unique aspect, and it kept upon the underlying theme that all the Harry Potter films have dealt with. In some shape or form, the films have addressed diversity problems, ranks, niches, social statuses, blood, and more. It just continually builds a world where you can see and relate to similar problems that our own world goes through.

The film is extremely entertaining and even more action filled than we're used to. However, I want to focus on the ending. I think the ending was extremely important because it really signified the fact that a war is coming. It showed our characters in fear, leaving us as an audience in fear as well. We got to see battles, standoffs, and some pretty big fights go down. It's really the first time we've seen wizards / witches battle each other, and it made for some really intense moments. It was filled with more than a few chilling moments, and I had goosebumps all throughout the final act. I can definitely say this film got my emotions running.

In the end, the fifth installment was a solid one, filled with many positives and improvements.
August 19, 2017
To be honest this Harry Potter is not exciting or memorable. It is more boring and even more boring. Harry Potter exciting film such as The Chamber of secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban and the Goblet of fire is nothing compared to this disappointing pile of boring . It's mainly better at the end where the story is actually worth while.
August 7, 2017
Oh man, definitley going on opening night
½ August 6, 2017
Fantastic movie. The Ministry scene was more thrilling in the book, but otherwise we'll done. I just don't understand why they take out certain things when they adapt from books.
July 21, 2017
I will have order to not tell lies about this film :)
July 18, 2017
My favourite Harry Potter movie
July 15, 2017
Saw all the other ones, might as well see this.
July 1, 2017
Amazing! The page turning words in the book leap off the page appropiately into this movie. While I enjoyed the book very much, the movie thankfully was adapted into the film excitingly and wonderfully.
½ July 1, 2017
this was Truly Harry Potter
½ July 1, 2017
Good start for the second half of the franchise
June 26, 2017
Another great film but this one is my least favourite in the series. There were some things that I felt the should have taken from the book and put into the film.

8.0/10
June 18, 2017
Better than i had excepted
Tyler H.
½ June 18, 2017
Order Of the Phoenix is a action packed film with a great story arch which makes this movie a fun watching experience
June 16, 2017
While the fifth book is the weakest of the series, this adaptation makes an action packed popcorn film that keeps the excitement going for more installments to come.
½ June 11, 2017
Almost perfect Harry Potter movie. I thought it could be a little darker.
June 5, 2017
My third favourite ending is intense