Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Reviews

October 18, 2016
Add a Review (Optional)
½ October 16, 2016
Not the strongest entry but still entertaining.
October 14, 2016
My favorite Harry Potter movie. Not 100 percent true to the book of course, but done in such an interesting way.
October 8, 2016
omg! like hello! DUH! worlds biggest fan right here
½ October 7, 2016
A lot of the movie feels like one giant montage, however the parts that don't really deliver the Potter magic.
October 1, 2016
Dark as the book. This is darkest in series.
September 30, 2016
I think this is the weakest of the movies so far, but mainly due to weak source material that never seemed like it would make for an entertaining movie outside of the climax, i.e. the last 15% of the book/movie or so. Well made and nicely shot as always outside of the story problems.
½ September 25, 2016
I've watched these movies so out of order that I frankly, am not keeping track so I'm not very connected to the storyline's flow. Despite that, I really enjoy each of these. I suppose that says something about the story of each film, that if I can watch them out of order and not really connect to the flow from one to the other, but nevertheless enjoy them for the different elements that make a great film, then it makes it worth it in the end, just by virtue of great storytelling and filmmaking.
I suppose that's also why the writer is the wealthiest fiction writer of all time with a net worth of $2.5 Billion. She knows how to capture the imagination.
September 15, 2016
Totally different than the first 4 movies, maybe because it was darker or because it was directed by somebody else
September 13, 2016
trying to finish up to the 5th book before it comes out!
½ September 12, 2016
I didn't remember much from this movie now when I saw it a second time. This is the worst one out of the first five movies. I didn't find it to be as exciting or thrilling as the others. I just found myself being distracted, not really being able to concentrate on the actual movie.
September 11, 2016
Very good movie! a lot of details from the book are missing but it did get the main story accross,
½ September 8, 2016
While Not as Good as "Goblet of Fire," this Latest Chapter Still Amazes!

Originally Written July 11, 2007--
Now in his fifth year at Hogwarts, Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) learns that many in the wizarding community do not know the truth of his encounter with Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes). Cornelius Fudge (Robert Hardy), Minister of Magic, appoints his toady, Dolores Umbridge (Imelda Staunton), as Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, for he fears that Professor Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) will take his job. But Umbridge's teaching is deficient and her methods, cruel, so Harry prepares a group of students to defend the school against a rising tide of evil.

While not as good as "Goblet of Fire," this latest chapter in the Harry Potter saga still amazes. By focusing the story on Harry (a leaner and slightly meaner Radcliffe) and his exploits, director David Yates dispenses with many of the novel's subplots and is able to push the story forward, ominously foreshadowing the dark times to come. "Phoenix" is action-packed, darker, and much more epic. But the biggest problem I had with the film was that it seemed a little off from what we've come to expect from these movies. Three-and-a-half stars.
September 8, 2016
I will be at the midnight release for this one!!
½ September 5, 2016
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is indeed the weakest out of all the Harry Potter film. However, it still wasquite entertaining,story was good, and the visuals were great despite of its few flaws.
½ September 3, 2016
8/31/2016: A good film and the beginning of the "darker" storylines.
½ September 2, 2016
Likely the worst of the Harry Potter film franchise. The Order of the Phoenix struggles from its inability to fit such a large subject matter into a short film. Many important plot points seem rushed, lightly explained, and unexplored. There is one particular scene of sweet poetic justice, though.
August 25, 2016
A very dark entry to the Harry Potter films, I enjoyed it just as much as the others, I just thought it could of been a little better in places as not allot really happens, And there is very little humour as the whole tone is very serious and the plot may be hard for some children to follow.
August 21, 2016
This fifth instalment of the Harry Potter series sees another year at Hogwarts and once again its gets darker, more dramatic and better. With what is effectively the start of the dark days you can sense the intensity of the situation from all aspects of this film. Yet that it not entirely the case as Harry makes an even scarier discovery than ever. Girls. With hormones running high we see some lighthearted moments in the aftermath of the events of the fourth film. This is one of the greatest of the instalments so far. Another must see.
August 18, 2016
is the best out of all of the movies, however was still pretty crap