Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Reviews

January 21, 2018
IMO the best in the Harry Potter series so far. The 5th film has a deeper and darker tone, as Potter and his pal, as well as the rest of the wizarding world, must face the growing force of Voldemort. Radcliffe, Watson and Grint are more mature and seasoned as well as ably supported by the development of the younger characters, finally putting some of the named stars to the side with their cliched roles. Less childish and more adult, which is to the good. And Staunton give a great performance as the smiling martinet Delores Umbridge.
½ January 14, 2018
Yeah Staunton is perfectly cast as Umbridge but the movie moves way too fast, it's more a collection of the novel's greatest hits than an attempt to tell a coherent story.
January 13, 2018
Another solid Potter outing. Not only do the students have to worry about Voldermort, but now they have to work against their own Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge. Imelda Staunton does a great job at making her antagonistic character as terribly annoying as possible. Luna Lovegood was an okay addition, but the performance left something to be desired. Or maybe it was the direction. Exciting climax with entertaining wizard duels especially *SPOILER ALERT* in the matchup we've all been waiting for: Dumbledore vs Voldermort!
January 9, 2018
Although a few parts of the movie were confusing, I really liked it!
January 8, 2018
Sweet and to the point, "Order of the Phoenix" is a great segway movie into the "Half-Blood Prince" that shows the main characters evolving with more emotion and more determination.
December 28, 2017
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is an entertaining and thrilling movie with great characters!
½ December 25, 2017
More mature and entertaining than its predecessor (though Rowling still cant help but steal liberally from Tolkien) with the hero coming up against an overbearing authority structure. Good action and a more complex plot elevate this installment.
"Dolores Umbridge: Please, tell them I mean no harm.
Harry Potter: Sorry, Professor, but I must not tell lies."
December 20, 2017
Another solid installment in the Harry Potter franchise, but this one has the strongest opening and closing scenes of any Potter film so far. Great character work here accented by humor that always works and an epic wizard duel that makes this one of the best in the series
½ December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 9.0

Dentro de las mejores hasta ahora de la saga, emocionante, impresionante, excitante, realmente fantástico.
December 15, 2017
The first Harry Potter story where the adults use their full magic abilities.
I had to wait FIVE movies to see that!
½ December 10, 2017
Harry Potter franchise continues to get darker, more memorable moments follow in another strong entry to this incredible franchise.
½ December 8, 2017
The older they get the more dark the films become. Finally get to see Dumbledore vs Voldemort and i wasn't disappointed. I wish that scene went on a little longer though. But overall another good Harry Potter movie
½ November 22, 2017
I love all the previous "Harry Potter" films, but this one just bored me.
November 16, 2017
8/10

Character development gets going for real in this Harry Potter instalment, suported by some amazing acting, there isn't a weak link in sight.
Yates makes a great first appearence with a well paced movie, brief and significant scenes, and the best battle scene in a Harry Potter movie by far, the sound editing is incredible and Gambon and Fiennes play it to the fullest.
½ November 5, 2017
too rushed but loved the Voldermort vs Dumbledore battle
½ November 3, 2017
The clouds and darkness are gathering. This was my least favorite book, but the movie is better than the printed story here.
October 28, 2017
One of the slowest but gave us the battle of department of mysterious.
October 27, 2017
Really want to see this and see how they have filmed it!
October 24, 2017
161204 & 170812: As the Harry Potter films have progressed, so has the maturity level of the themes. Six years later and Harry Potter is hard-core. Preparing for battle, violence and death, it's all here. This film winds up slowly but reaches a satisfying climax.