Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Reviews

March 18, 2018
One of the best HP films, super story and good actors
March 10, 2018
exactly what I said with the first 2
March 9, 2018
The beginning of the end for the Potter films.
½ February 27, 2018

"Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" se ve enormemente beneficiada de la dirección de Alfonso Cuarón, quien entrega una historia mas adulta y mejor elaborada, que cumple con mucha holgura en todo lo demás, es sin dudas la segunda mejor película de la franquicia.
February 26, 2018
This has an excellent story, a magnificent cast, great visual effects, Alfonso Cuarón's nuanced direction, and John Williams' wonderful score.
February 26, 2018
Arguably the best in the franchise. I will never forget the feeling I walked away with the first time I saw this; something new and the same yet different, darker and more realized.
February 25, 2018
This entree in the series had by far the best direction of any Harry Potter movie.
½ February 15, 2018
Arguably on of the best out of the Harry Potter franchise. I liked the shift of cinematography a lot: no simple camera angles but long takes and sophisticated shooting methods. The way time was integrated into this movie was done very well too.
February 6, 2018
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, with all of its twists and turns, felt like I was riding the Night Bus to Hogwarts. This film never drew away from the nostalgia within the book and the previous films, but brought in new elements that would come into play in later installments.
January 31, 2018
Arguably the best Harry Potter film, with Sorcerer's Stone being the only contender. Cuaron breathes new life into the series. Grittier cinematography and well paced storytelling, along with one of John Williams ALL TIME best scores, drawing from medieval composition styles, creates the perfect magical setting. If I had to make one change to the film, I would have liked to see Harry receive the Hogsmeade permission slip in his parcel at the end of the film. The whole point was that he has true family now, and that would have really made the story feel complete.
January 29, 2018
worst book and also worst movie, still good, just barely
½ January 27, 2018
Absolutely the best Harry Potter film
January 24, 2018
This movie is easily one of my personal favorites in the whole franchise. Some of my personal favorite things added in this movie for the franchise are my favorite things in the franchise. From introducing two of my favorite characters which are Lupin and Sirius, the Dementors, and the Patronus charm. This movie is definitely an improvement on the other two films.
½ January 20, 2018
The 3rd film in the Harry Potter series is merely ok. The story line was weak, the new characters didn't really add much and the fantastical elements were just so-so. Hopefully the films to follow will offer something more than the mediocre Prisoner of Azkaban.
January 17, 2018
Movie Review: Final
This magical movie has brought laughter and surprises to many homes and theatres all over the world. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was directed by Alfonso Cuaron and released in 2004. Its Harry Potter's (Daniel Radcliffe) third year at Hogwarts, and he learns serial killer Sirius Black (Gary Oldman) is on the loose and searching for him. Hermione's (Emma Watson) cat torments Ron's (Rupert Grint) rat, causing a rift among the trio, and a swarm of Dementors are sent to protect the school. A mysterious new teacher helps Harry learn to defend himself, but what's his tie to him and Sirius Black? Cuaron did an amazing job in throwing his own little twists and turns into the movie, keeping the audience captified and at the edges of their seats. Even though he failed to incorporate many of the points that author J.K Rowling makes in the book, he was able to keep the movie interesting and entertaining. Unlike the two movies before this one, Alfonso Cuaron expands the view of Hogwarts and takes many scenes outside, making the movie more open and giving it much more room to breathe. If you've seen Lord of the Rings, Percy Jackson, Narnia, or other fantasy movies, you would surely enjoy this fun filled film. This is a family friendly movie that every Harry Potter fan needs to see.
½ January 14, 2018
Easily the best film of the series, due in no small part to Cuaron who not only gives Rowling's world the scope it deserves but even manages to get pretty great performances out of the kids who all improve immensely here.
½ January 13, 2018
Another great Potter movie. It has a fun, creepy, Halloween feeling throughout the film with the Dementors, animagi and werewolf. There's also an entertaining time travel element in it. The newest Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Remis Lupin, is another nice addition to the cast. He gives Harry a needed connection to his parents.
January 5, 2018
Breathtaking plot, with awesome graphics and hilarious moments, this ought to be the best Harry Potter film yet!
January 4, 2018
Director Alfonso Cuaron brings a darker edge to the third installment of the franchise with a challenging storyline and improved special effects that make this another fantastic adaptation. While our beloved wizards become teenagers, the film also includes underrated performances by David Thewlis and Gary Oldman.
½ January 2, 2018
The most complete movie in the series, shame that it all goes downhill after this one.