Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Reviews

½ April 12, 2018
A great movie, the only thing that doesn't make sense is why the dementors left if they didn't know Sirius Black wasn't a lunatic.
½ March 29, 2018
Prisoner of Azkaban is both more enchanting, complex and magical than its two predecessors, the cast does a touching, marvelous job, and its story filled with surprises and practical, soothing scenery proves that Alfonso Cuaron did a solid job, despite the fact that the movie is somewhat unoriginal and repetetive.
½ March 26, 2018
Chris Columbus did a good job establishing the Wizarding World in the first 2 films, Alfonso Cuaron expanded it though. The film goes a very different tone than the first 2 but still stays in spirit to them as well, you can tell this was directed by someone else but it still looks and feels like the same universe.
March 25, 2018
Overall, despite it being the least grossing film in the franchise, and its obvious missing parts from the book, I love the film and it is my favourite 'Harry Potter' film, and would rate the film a 8/10.
March 24, 2018
Deftly handles its twisting story while casting a mysteriously creepy spell over proceedings, heightened by a beautiful score. Dark themes add new depth and substance to the franchise, but more light would have been welcome.
March 21, 2018
A feel good movie with a great story and acting. Every time I watch it it makes me wish that Alfonso Cuaron directed all the Harry Potter movies.
March 18, 2018
One of the best HP films, super story and good actors
March 10, 2018
exactly what I said with the first 2
March 9, 2018
The beginning of the end for the Potter films.
½ February 27, 2018
80/100

"Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" se ve enormemente beneficiada de la dirección de Alfonso Cuarón, quien entrega una historia mas adulta y mejor elaborada, que cumple con mucha holgura en todo lo demás, es sin dudas la segunda mejor película de la franquicia.
February 26, 2018
This has an excellent story, a magnificent cast, great visual effects, Alfonso Cuarón's nuanced direction, and John Williams' wonderful score.
February 26, 2018
Arguably the best in the franchise. I will never forget the feeling I walked away with the first time I saw this; something new and the same yet different, darker and more realized.
February 25, 2018
This entree in the series had by far the best direction of any Harry Potter movie.
½ February 15, 2018
(94/100)
Arguably on of the best out of the Harry Potter franchise. I liked the shift of cinematography a lot: no simple camera angles but long takes and sophisticated shooting methods. The way time was integrated into this movie was done very well too.
February 6, 2018
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, with all of its twists and turns, felt like I was riding the Night Bus to Hogwarts. This film never drew away from the nostalgia within the book and the previous films, but brought in new elements that would come into play in later installments.
January 31, 2018
Arguably the best Harry Potter film, with Sorcerer's Stone being the only contender. Cuaron breathes new life into the series. Grittier cinematography and well paced storytelling, along with one of John Williams ALL TIME best scores, drawing from medieval composition styles, creates the perfect magical setting. If I had to make one change to the film, I would have liked to see Harry receive the Hogsmeade permission slip in his parcel at the end of the film. The whole point was that he has true family now, and that would have really made the story feel complete.
January 29, 2018
worst book and also worst movie, still good, just barely
½ January 27, 2018
Absolutely the best Harry Potter film
January 24, 2018
This movie is easily one of my personal favorites in the whole franchise. Some of my personal favorite things added in this movie for the franchise are my favorite things in the franchise. From introducing two of my favorite characters which are Lupin and Sirius, the Dementors, and the Patronus charm. This movie is definitely an improvement on the other two films.
½ January 20, 2018
The 3rd film in the Harry Potter series is merely ok. The story line was weak, the new characters didn't really add much and the fantastical elements were just so-so. Hopefully the films to follow will offer something more than the mediocre Prisoner of Azkaban.