Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Reviews

June 18, 2018
the best and most beautiful harry potter movie and one of the great fantasy achievements of all-time. the camera weaves through a darker and more spontaneous world, with a MISCHIEVOUS sense of humor. john williams throwns down his series-best score, and the climactic set-piece involving a werewolf, time-travel, and hundreds of soul-sucking dementors is stunning. the fact that this isn't consistently ranked among the great blockbusters of our time is a crime.
June 17, 2018
Fantasy masterpiece. The best of them all, and a great coming-of-age story as well.
June 16, 2018
Very good but it bothers me seeing the film again even from a different angle in that time travelling sequence
June 10, 2018
Alfonso , why didn't you return to direct the goblet of Fire , why ?! I know you wanted to make sure the editing went right but you still could have done it , damn it.
May 6, 2018
One of my FAVORITE movies!!!
½ April 12, 2018
A great movie, the only thing that doesn't make sense is why the dementors left if they didn't know Sirius Black wasn't a lunatic.
½ March 29, 2018
Prisoner of Azkaban is both more enchanting, complex and magical than its two predecessors, the cast does a touching, marvelous job, and its story filled with surprises and practical, soothing scenery proves that Alfonso Cuaron did a solid job, despite the fact that the movie is somewhat unoriginal and repetetive.
½ March 26, 2018
Chris Columbus did a good job establishing the Wizarding World in the first 2 films, Alfonso Cuaron expanded it though. The film goes a very different tone than the first 2 but still stays in spirit to them as well, you can tell this was directed by someone else but it still looks and feels like the same universe.
March 25, 2018
Overall, despite it being the least grossing film in the franchise, and its obvious missing parts from the book, I love the film and it is my favourite 'Harry Potter' film, and would rate the film a 8/10.
March 24, 2018
Deftly handles its twisting story while casting a mysteriously creepy spell over proceedings, heightened by a beautiful score. Dark themes add new depth and substance to the franchise, but more light would have been welcome.
March 21, 2018
A feel good movie with a great story and acting. Every time I watch it it makes me wish that Alfonso Cuaron directed all the Harry Potter movies.
March 18, 2018
One of the best HP films, super story and good actors
March 10, 2018
exactly what I said with the first 2
March 9, 2018
The beginning of the end for the Potter films.
February 26, 2018
This has an excellent story, a magnificent cast, great visual effects, Alfonso Cuarón's nuanced direction, and John Williams' wonderful score.
February 26, 2018
Arguably the best in the franchise. I will never forget the feeling I walked away with the first time I saw this; something new and the same yet different, darker and more realized.
February 25, 2018
This entree in the series had by far the best direction of any Harry Potter movie.
½ February 15, 2018
(94/100)
Arguably on of the best out of the Harry Potter franchise. I liked the shift of cinematography a lot: no simple camera angles but long takes and sophisticated shooting methods. The way time was integrated into this movie was done very well too.
February 6, 2018
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, with all of its twists and turns, felt like I was riding the Night Bus to Hogwarts. This film never drew away from the nostalgia within the book and the previous films, but brought in new elements that would come into play in later installments.