The Harvey Girls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Harvey Girls Reviews

June 13, 2016
Entertaining movie, overall. The train number is a must see/hear.
½ February 12, 2016
A fun and feel good musical that sometimes lacked in plot, but made up in energy.
October 1, 2015
One of Garland's biggest hits was obviously inspired by the stage hit OKLAHOMA; the tuneful Warren-Mercer score includes the big, Oscar-winning production number "On the Atchison, Topeka & the Santa Fe," along with star turns by Angela Lansbury, Virginia O'Brien and Cyd Charisse; Ray Bolger is left with a thankless role and one short dance number.
March 6, 2015
Even after all this time the music, wit and humor still hold up very well! This is another Garland classic that is worth every moment!
January 21, 2015
I didn't get into this movie. It wasn't bad, but I just was surprised when it was over and it felt like something had been missing. Or maybe I just missed something.
September 22, 2014
Judy Garland and Ray Bolger (Dorothy and The Scarecrow) reunited, and with Angela Lansbury as the mean showgirl! This is really a lot of fun, with great music (with Oscar winning song "On the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe"). This is worth checking out!
August 6, 2014
this movie definitely makes me wanna eat some steak :9
July 30, 2014
The Harvey Girls is an excellent film. It is about Susan Bradley who joins the Harvey Girls after leaving her fiancee who is the town drunk. Judy Garland and Ray Bolger give amazing performances. The screenplay is well written. George Sidney did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the humor and music. The Harvey Girls is a must see.
½ July 26, 2014
(First and only viewing - 5/8/2010)
April 12, 2014
The story is ok, and Judy Garland is stunningly beautiful; the songs are pretty meh, though.
June 19, 2013
Charming, and funny. Lots of cheese; great for family or young girl viewing. Young Judy & Angela are both captivating performers (and rivals).
March 13, 2013
Good girl Garland vs. bad girl Lansbury. Need I say more?
½ March 12, 2013
Judy Garland in yet another great musical!
February 26, 2013
well, it's colourful, anyways
February 6, 2013
For a musical I would have to say the songs are probably the worst part of this movie - apart from the song as the train arrives in town, that's a damn catchy tune. What really works for this film is the story, the blend of characters both wholesome and uh trampy... and some great comedic performances - esp Judy as she enters the bar holding the two guns - probably my favourite scene from the whole film.
December 7, 2012
Could watch this sometime if i can find.
August 23, 2012
Judy and Ray (Bolger) return together for another classic. They don't make movies like this anymore. How many movie today get 100% critic reviews?
May 26, 2012
One of my favorites. John Hodiak is handsome and the romance between him and Garland is amazing.
April 6, 2012
I love musicals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 24, 2012
it just doesn't get any better from the studio era than this diamond!