Hatching Pete - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hatching Pete Reviews

June 20, 2016
I guess it was an enjoyable enough Disney movie
June 16, 2016
Everyone needs to be noticed especially in high school!
March 6, 2016
It's entertaining with a sweet plot, all I really expected so i was satisfied. It's much better than the newer stuff on Disney Channel for sure.
February 20, 2016
I liked the general premise and found it entertaining. It did get a little cheesy, but it's still better than the average DCOM of its time. (First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
March 11, 2014
It really is a shame that Disney refuses to release films that are a little edgier for young adults, because sometimes, they really do come up with a good story. The problem is that by the time they are done dumbing it down and disnifying it, the once promising story becomes a joke. that only 10 year olds seem to get. Hatching Pete is one of these film that have a really terrific storyline. With a little more realism and a little less Disney, it would have been a really spectacular film. Hatching Pete features two best friends, Cleatus (Mitchel Musso) and Pete (Jason Dolley) who are complete opposites. Cleatus is so outgoing that he is actually his local High School's mascot, while Pete is a loner, scared of his own shadow. One day Cleatus is injured and Pete sees that as an opportunity to get close to the girl he is afraid to talk to, so he takes his place as the mascot. When one is infatuated with a girl, it will drive them to do anything, and Pete puts on a hilarious show, that even inspires his team, the worst basketball team in the state. Cleatus quickly becomes a school celebrity and a target of bullies, but once it's discovered he's not the one inside the costume, the question becomes who is the mascot? The story was a really good mix of comedy, coming-of-age drama, and athletic competition. At it's core, I really did enjoy this film, but ultimately all the Disney crap manages to diminish it's quality. As for the cast, it's you're usual Disney cast, filled with a lot of beautiful people, only a couple of whom can actually act, and the star of this film is Jason Dolley. I always wondered why Disney keeps putting this kid on show after show, but now I know, he actually has some talent. He was charismatic and showed terrific range going from one personality to another in a relatively short time. While Dolley was fun to watch and even gave me a few laughs, the rest of the cast wasn't much to right home about. Hatching Pete is a terrific film for kids and some young adults, and while it has a story that adults would like, the Disney factor makes it somewhat unlikely that most will.
½ November 3, 2013
Better than other Disney movies.
June 9, 2013
i like how pete was making the crowd laugh
½ April 25, 2013
nice and funny teen movie!!!
January 5, 2013
An amazing Disney Channel Origanal Movie or DCOM for short. But instead of a A+ I'll give it an A for minor problems.
GRADE:A
December 9, 2012
A fairly decent Disney movie.
½ August 25, 2012
An okay but very used up plot.
May 14, 2012
ii really love dis flikk
½ February 25, 2012
wow what a premise
Dolley and Musso make quite the bro-mance pair handling the school's mascot as the symbol for the town
it's a plot however unrealistic it may be that many kids can relate to
either live life in a contained, closed shell or break free
the characters including miss Tiffany Thornton as excellent
but did they really have to get the law involved? seriously this is supposed to be a young kid's flick!
plus its cool that they touch upon something like idols and what they represent and the public's expectations
not a bad DCOM, really
½ February 16, 2012
what a sweet movie funny how both of pete and the girl he liked were in cory in the house and liked each other but their was s om much basketball and the captain looked like joe jonas and omg nick whitaker was hott too and pete
June 25, 2011
didn't even want to watch it or see it even.
March 31, 2011
it was a great movie but i didn't like it that much sorry
February 18, 2011
"You can spend all your life in a shell or you can hatch." - (Mitchell Musso)

(February 18, 2011)
½ January 23, 2011
Ví por casualidad esta cinta en Disney XD. La trama es simple y predecible pero me entretuvo mucho. La canción interpretada por Mitchel Musso y Tiffany Thornton es muy buena y pegagosa. Aceptable actuación de Jason Dolley y resalto el trabajo de Josie Loren que logra hacer mucha química. Es una tipica película de TV de Disney, pero a mí me gustan ;)
½ October 14, 2010
Just like the other Disney films, the plot was predictable and unrealistic. The film was sometimes funny but they were unable to overcome the bad parts of this film.