Haunt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Haunt Reviews

February 27, 2016
I liked this story. I thought in all it was done nicely, had few strange parts but a creepy strange, meaning good. Weird stuff happened I felt sad for the young boy at the end though, almost makes me think a part 2 could follow....
ECF
October 18, 2014
What's wrong with people? This was a perfectly acceptable haunted house movie. Painfully typically, but respectfully executed. Some scary pops here and there, and also a nice slow burn to the whole thing. This didn't do anything original, but it didn't really do anything wrong either. At no point while watching this did I feel like "Yeah, this is totally a shit movie." I watched the whole thing without huffing and puffing, and I quite enjoyed the ending. Decent concept, decent execution.
July 16, 2014
Haunt another ghost story entry that focuses on the teen viewers isn't terrible and though a bot of a color by the numbers plot has a few good jumps and doesn't go all in for the big scares, rather brings a slow build up to a climatic end. Nothing new or spectacular but a good date night film.
July 10, 2014
a decent little ghost story. granted it follows quite a few others but doesn't short on the little jump scares.
The acting could of been better and the characters a bit on their own developed level but done with good B movie potential.
½ July 9, 2014
It's a cute movie. It has cute furry stuff in it. OK... THIS IS ACTUALLY NOT TRUE... NOTHING IS CUTE!!!! Caution: Do not show any of your children this movie... It will haunt them forever... But teenagers and adults will probably like this. This movie has lots of cool effects.(and a little scary) but cool
½ July 8, 2014
One of the worst horror movies I've ever seen due to the wooden acting, generic pop-up scares, the confusing and bland story, and the non-sensical and lazy ending that proves that Haunt was made by people who didn't care how bad the final product of the film was.

Avoid at all costs. This movie is an abomination.
June 19, 2014
Very boring! Very cliché! Just plain dumb! This movie is an extremely basic horror film. Nothing unique about it. The movie's plot is just so basic and non interesting. The characters are so dull and unoriginal. This movie is not even scary! Not even a chill throughout the whole movie. And the ending is so dumb. Do not see this awful movie! It is not worth your time. One of the worst horror films I have ever seen! The only upside of this movie is that it's short. But overall awful movie!
June 11, 2014
When it comes to supernatural/paranormal ghost stories, it's tough to be original with what's already been done before. "The Conjuring" was a major exception to this formula, as proven last summer by amazing box office numbers and critical reception. This goes to show that people still love old school scares and solid stories of the sort. "Haunt" doesn't necessarily break new ground from the million and one Horror movie cliches that encompass the genre because they're all in there, but I couldn't help enjoying it. It has an awesomely dark tone throughout similar to that of "The Conjuring" and "Insidious" (I have a feeling this was on purpose), a pretty freaky looking main villain, and some decently fresh scares. If you're a fan of the Ghost sub-genre, it'll keep your interest for its short runtime and isn't a bad choice for one of those movies you just want to watch at night with the lights off.
June 11, 2014
I don't mind cheap thrills but I hate cheap scripts.......just a boring story that makes one strain to watch the whole movie.
½ March 15, 2014
Haunt desperately wants to be Insidious, so much so that it even includes the exact same scare the crap out of you with loud music red title screen. It also features a creepy old lady ghost. The similarities end there, but the film never manages to develop any original horror or true intensity.
March 12, 2014
In the mood for a good ghost story? If so then you'll definitely want to give this one a try. It'll send chills down your spine!!!!
½ March 8, 2014
It had some good scary moments, as well as good performances. The only bad thing was that the story was sometimes not very cohesive and all over the place. But at least it had some interesting twists. It might have been better if they went straight to the point and maybe elaborated more the story instead of leaving it until the end with an open conclusion.
February 27, 2016
December 14, 2015
If you're looking for a new horror story to watch, I recommend 'Haunt'--nothing amazing about it, but has a twist and is not slow paced.
October 6, 2015
Haunt was unoriginal but had a few moments of terror that made it decent, as far as horror movie standards go. It started out making you think that this new family moving into a "haunted" house were all going to be terrorized by a ghost. I found it weird that they only focused on 1 member of the family and a neighbor experiencing any horror in the house. It was very predicable so that took a little away from the scares at times but overall the atmosphere was kept creepy and dark. The acting was average, the scares were basic and the story had been done before. Haunt, like its name was nothing special but there are plenty of worse options when looking for a horror film out there.
½ July 21, 2015
Nothing happens in this movie.
½ June 13, 2015
Starts off well, but goes south quickly with bad graphics and lengthened cut scenes
March 15, 2013
It was an ok horror movie!!!
April 22, 2015
About at the level of a lifetime movie. The acting is adequate, not much range is necessary and the main players are competent with that. The parents are hippy dippy idiots right out of stock. The poster is exactly what you see for . every jump scare. No buildup just shock value, if that is indeed shocking to anyone over the age of 10. Moves along.