Haunt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Haunt Reviews

½ February 6, 2017
Watchable coming-of-age horror with a wealth of dropped plot points.
December 12, 2016
Horror movies are not my type of favorite thing to watch but having a story in this one makes it a little more good than the rest I've recently wasted my time with.
½ August 8, 2016
Good horror film. Great atmosphere. I like the documentary splash they through in at the beginning and the end. TERRIBLE ending. They tried to make it so climatic, but it you really think about it.. it makes no sense whatsoever. (Spoiler) A mother wouldn't kill her daughter's lover and make her daughter look guilty. Stupid ending.
July 11, 2016
Not bad! Definitely entertaining. I really liked the ending.
June 6, 2016
pretty good horror flick about a family that moves in a house were the last tenants son died a tragic end. and of course any good horror flick has a huge story behinds it and this one did not disappoint. pretty entertaining.
May 31, 2016
Atmospheric and stylish with some good effects, but the horror that exists in the house never comes across that interesting.
February 27, 2016
I liked this story. I thought in all it was done nicely, had few strange parts but a creepy strange, meaning good. Weird stuff happened I felt sad for the young boy at the end though, almost makes me think a part 2 could follow....
December 14, 2015
If you're looking for a new horror story to watch, I recommend 'Haunt'--nothing amazing about it, but has a twist and is not slow paced.
October 6, 2015
Haunt was unoriginal but had a few moments of terror that made it decent, as far as horror movie standards go. It started out making you think that this new family moving into a "haunted" house were all going to be terrorized by a ghost. I found it weird that they only focused on 1 member of the family and a neighbor experiencing any horror in the house. It was very predicable so that took a little away from the scares at times but overall the atmosphere was kept creepy and dark. The acting was average, the scares were basic and the story had been done before. Haunt, like its name was nothing special but there are plenty of worse options when looking for a horror film out there.
½ July 21, 2015
Nothing happens in this movie.
½ June 13, 2015
Starts off well, but goes south quickly with bad graphics and lengthened cut scenes
May 31, 2015
It was an ok horror movie!!!
April 22, 2015
About at the level of a lifetime movie. The acting is adequate, not much range is necessary and the main players are competent with that. The parents are hippy dippy idiots right out of stock. The poster is exactly what you see for . every jump scare. No buildup just shock value, if that is indeed shocking to anyone over the age of 10. Moves along.
March 7, 2015
This never gets interesting or scary enough to really get me involved with the story. I do think that Liana Liberato is the best part of the film, but she deserves better material to work with. Hope that she gets better roles in the future.
January 15, 2015
Pointless, plotless film that was an exercise in trying to create atmosphere, and nothing more. Film introduces any number of devices and characters without explaining their relevance to the story. Story itself is likewise unbelievable at many points. While the "spook" factor is successful in creating the right atmosphere it fails to deliver anything new or original. Avoid.
½ December 9, 2014
It's like Insidious meets Last Kind Words. I recommend it giving it a watch
November 30, 2014
I gave this an honest try but the storyline and characters were so unconvincing and unrealistic I just couldn't focus and ended up turning it off. You run into a crying girl in the woods, she breaks into your house and lays down in your bed at night and you're like "Sure, let's summon some ghosts, but I won't ask for any background on you while you're sleeping in my bed with me, fellow minor". Is this movie counting on its audience being all teenage boys?
November 15, 2014
Not a bad way to spend your evening! There are some great scares and a nice twist to the haunted-house genre.
November 10, 2014
I'm an 80's kid, and therefore don't mind a slower paced movie. This is a creepy, watch in the dark film, not a creature feature. Stay scared, movie lovers.