Haunted Honeymoon Reviews

• Sep 17, 2017

Silly but enjoyable.

Silly but enjoyable.

• Oct 26, 2016

My wife and I just love this movie. I don't know why the critics didn't like it. We watch it for fun every Halloween. Deluise's and Radner's dance version of "Ballin' the Jack" is a hoot. It's kind of off genre, somewhere between an old-fashioned chiller and a comedy. I like it, but then I like off-kilter films. Also, there wasn't a bunch of sex scenes and I don't remember the "f" word being used once during the whole thing. Sex and the f-word seems to be required in order for critics to like a movie. I personally think critics see too many movies. This one was just plain old fun!

• Aug 31, 2016

While "Haunted Honeymoon" doesn't totally come together in the end, and while it certainly is a flawed comedy...it at least has the charm of Gene Wilder and Gilda Radner to carry it beyond where it's flawed execution should allow it to go. It has some funny moments, and it is the kind of movie I usually really enjoy, but there is no denying the film just doesn't feel fully thought out.

• Nov 01, 2015

WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....WARNING YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENES AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........ The film also marked Radner's final appearance prior to her death of ovarian cancer in 1989. (The title Haunted Honeymoon was previously used for the 1940 U.S. release of Busman's Honeymoon based on the stageplay by Dorothy L. Sayers.)

• Jun 11, 2015

It's so unfunny, it's almost offensive.

It's so unfunny, it's almost offensive.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    May 27, 2015

Again Wilder hopes to resurrect the oomph of Young Frankenstein with the intention of schlepping the creepy horror genres of the late 1930's, early 40's, and again he fails. Is there even a smile in this one? Well yes there is, but its unintentional, and its that Wilder's love for Gilda Radner is evident. Otherwise it hurts to watch. A film to work on your patience while watching.

• May 03, 2015

For some reason as a child I loved this movie. Now that I am all grown up it has lost quite a bit of appeal. It's not as funny as it thinks it is, but it does get the occasional joke right. Not the best from Gene Wilder though.

• Jul 15, 2014

Dear Gene Wilder, Gilda Radner, Dom DeLuise, Jonathan Pryce & Jim Carter, I expected much more from you.

• Jul 10, 2014

Thought it was hilarious

Thought it was hilarious

• Jun 07, 2014

Haunted Honeymoon is an enjoyable comedy with some small reminders back to Gene Wilder's best, Young Frankenstein, but otherwise it's just a poorly done 1980s comedy, which there are so many of already.