Haunted Honeymoon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Haunted Honeymoon Reviews

September 17, 2017
Silly but enjoyable.
December 2, 2016
A Mel Brooks-ish haunted house horror, mystery, comedy. On Blu-ray.
October 26, 2016
My wife and I just love this movie. I don't know why the critics didn't like it. We watch it for fun every Halloween. Deluise's and Radner's dance version of "Ballin' the Jack" is a hoot. It's kind of off genre, somewhere between an old-fashioned chiller and a comedy. I like it, but then I like off-kilter films. Also, there wasn't a bunch of sex scenes and I don't remember the "f" word being used once during the whole thing. Sex and the f-word seems to be required in order for critics to like a movie. I personally think critics see too many movies. This one was just plain old fun!
October 1, 2016
While "Haunted Honeymoon" doesn't totally come together in the end, and while it certainly is a flawed comedy...it at least has the charm of Gene Wilder and Gilda Radner to carry it beyond where it's flawed execution should allow it to go. It has some funny moments, and it is the kind of movie I usually really enjoy, but there is no denying the film just doesn't feel fully thought out.
September 17, 2016
- I felt like a Gene Wilder film so chose this. It's a film I always want to like more than I do. I like the cast and the premise, but it just doesn't work. But it's short and an easy watch so it's easy to revisit for me.

- I used to love this as a kid and hadn't seen it in years, I should have left it that way. I enjoyed for the nostalgia factor, but not a great movie.

- This movie was part of a group of "horror" comedies from mid-80's I liked including "Private Eyes", "Monster Squad" and "Transylvania 65000" all of which I have watched again in the last year.
November 1, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....WARNING YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENES AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........ The film also marked Radner's final appearance prior to her death of ovarian cancer in 1989. (The title Haunted Honeymoon was previously used for the 1940 U.S. release of Busman's Honeymoon based on the stageplay by Dorothy L. Sayers.)
½ June 11, 2015
It's so unfunny, it's almost offensive.
½ May 27, 2015
Again Wilder hopes to resurrect the oomph of Young Frankenstein with the intention of schlepping the creepy horror genres of the late 1930's, early 40's, and again he fails. Is there even a smile in this one? Well yes there is, but its unintentional, and its that Wilder's love for Gilda Radner is evident. Otherwise it hurts to watch. A film to work on your patience while watching.
½ May 3, 2015
For some reason as a child I loved this movie. Now that I am all grown up it has lost quite a bit of appeal. It's not as funny as it thinks it is, but it does get the occasional joke right. Not the best from Gene Wilder though.
July 15, 2014
Dear Gene Wilder, Gilda Radner, Dom DeLuise, Jonathan Pryce & Jim Carter, I expected much more from you.
July 10, 2014
Thought it was hilarious
June 7, 2014
Haunted Honeymoon is an enjoyable comedy with some small reminders back to Gene Wilder's best, Young Frankenstein, but otherwise it's just a poorly done 1980s comedy, which there are so many of already.
June 25, 2013
Retold Young Frankenstein--Good Horror Mystery Spoof!!
February 1, 2013
Its premise and cast, both highly promising, are completely thrown aside for poorly-timed, been-there-done-that gags, moronic characters and lacking utterly in spooky charm.
February 1, 2013
This movie is actually really fun
January 22, 2013
This is one of the best movies ever made!
January 13, 2013
Really like this creepy comedy!
December 14, 2012
wow I loved it, it was a comedy horror, Gene Wilder was great, want it on DVD, I thought it was a good movie, it starred Jonathan Pryce, Gilda Radner, Dom DeLuise,Roger Ashton-Griffiths and Bryan Pringle ( Auf Wiedersehen, Pet)
December 13, 2012
this is one really funny radio program hahaha
½ October 31, 2012
Its pretty good. Very Mel Brooksy.